some NWN2 companions

kumquatq3

It creeps me out when Hades refers to his imaginative friends (his roleplaying characters) as if they were real persons.

agreed, and it

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

is not that we don't like gnomes... is just that they is inherently silly, and Gromnir tends to be more subtle (or at least less cliche) with our comical characters. 

play the assassin gnome who acts the clown but is really a diabolical power broker?  still comes off as goofy.

HA! Good Fun!

Eberron does a good job of making gnomes scary (for example, the gnomes of Zilargo have a secret agency that "removes" problematic individuals). You should read City of Tower by Keith Baker (creator of Eberron); the gnome in that book is downright frightening.

I like the sound of the blade golem (if they give it some sort of personality ala Nordom or Vhailor), and the elven wizard, but I sure hope none of these companions are manditory. I do not like the sound of that gnome.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

;)

I hope we can just dismiss the one's we don't like.  Last thing I want is some Disciple like bugger taking up space.

I'll let that gnome rot in the cargo hold of the Ebon Ha--....I mean the cellar of the stronghold.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Forces. At least the last time it was brought up on the NWN2 baords. I know because I ranted about it. And, moved on. Now, i just shake my head in sadness when this dead issue is brought up again like in this thread. ;)

The exuse used is 'story reasons' which I don't buy. Two games with some of the best npcs don't force you to have them in your party (at least not more than 2 seconds). Those two being PST, and BG2 so this 'needing them for story reasons' is sad. :shifty:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Forces. At least the last time it was brought up on the NWN2 baords. I know because I ranted about it. And, moved on. Now, i just shake my head in sadness when this dead issue is brought up again like in this thread. :(

The exuse used is 'story reasons' which I don't buy. Two games with some of the best npcs don't force you to have them in your party (at least not more than 2 seconds). Those two being PST, and BG2 so this 'needing them for story reasons' is sad. :(

Agreed.

I rather play it first and then decide how sad it was.

We've gotten a taste in both Kotors.