NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Beating the overrated Jets, and a Ginats team missing what seems to be half their team isn't too impressive. Sorry.

Still, I'll give them credit for beating the Giants; but not the Jets.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Beating the overrated Jets, and a Ginats team missing what seems to be half their team isn't too impressive. Sorry.

Still, I'll give them credit for beating the Giants; but not the Jets.

The Giants are over-rated, at least post injuries, not the Jets. Jets are a team that has (had) a chance at a playoff spot, but thats as far as they would get.

As for the Bears, a wins a win, thank god opinions don't factor into it. Thats why the BCS sucks.

It is a lock for the Bears. By beating the Giants; they assured that. I give them props for that,

"The Giants are over-rated, at least post injuries, not the Jets. Jets are a team that has (had) a chance at a playoff spot, but thats as far as they would get."

Giants aren't overrated. They are a great team. I think most people know that the Giants post injury binge aren't as good as they'd otherwise be so how cna they be overrated?

The Jets are overrated. Plain, and simple. People keep on saying they are on the brink of being an elite team. R00fles! To that!

"As for the Bears, a wins a win, thank god opinions don't factor into it. Thats why the BCS sucks."

I agree. :p

Edited by Volourn

Giants aren't overrated. They are a great team. I think most people know that the Giants post injury binge aren't as good as they'd otherwise be so how cna they be overrated?

Even healthy, the Giants weren't "great". I have a feeling were using different expectations for great. They were/are likely a playoff team, but I never thought they were a super bowl type team like many people were hinting at pre-season. Their losses came at the hands of "great" teams, imo. Seattle (pre injuries) and Indy.

I'm not sure what it is about the Giants, but the sum total always seemed to be less than the value of it's parts. dunno. Right before they got all the injuries, they started to get the offense and defense at the same time, but that's the NFL.

The Jets are overrated. Plain, and simple. People keep on saying they are on the brink of being an elite team. R00fles! To that!

Who says that? ESPN has them rated right in the middle of the league, which is where I would put them. As for the future, would surprise me if they make the playoffs next year.

BTW, go San Diego

OMFG!!!!!! I am so mad right now. WTF is Denver thinking? That last play was stupid after the yardage that SD gave up to them in fouls! Morons!

Plus they need to get the job done right, field goals don't win close games touchdowns do. Go for it, go for it!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

LOLZ  :blink:

SD will go home crying after getting their butts whipped.

:huh:"

That was a crazy ending. Also, I am SOOOOO glad that Chargers lineman jacked that Denver lineman for going for the knees after the whistle. Denver = TEH Dirty

Playing dirty if that what it takes. That move made the other guy lose his temper thus creating a 15 yard foul and getting his butt kicked out of the game.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

LOLZ  :blink:

SD will go home crying after getting their butts whipped.

:huh:"

That was a crazy ending. Also, I am SOOOOO glad that Chargers lineman jacked that Denver lineman for going for the knees after the whistle. Denver = TEH Dirty

Playing dirty if that what it takes. That move made the other guy lose his temper thus creating a 15 yard foul and getting his butt kicked out of the game.

Playing dirty??? That twit on the donkey's went for his knee's. He had every right to be pissed, however he did not handle himself well.

"Even healthy, the Giants weren't "great". I have a feeling were using different expectations for great. They were/are likely a playoff team, but I never thought they were a super bowl type team like many people were hinting at pre-season."

That's because you are silly. The Giants are (well were without all the injures) a Super Calibre team. Their offense is as good as anyone's and while their pass defense isn't the best; they quite possible have the best one-two punbch for defensive ends. Of course, they're both injured now. LOL Considering their biggest weakness on offense is their QB who is pretty damn good says a lot.

"That twit on the donkey's went for his knee's. He had every right to be pissed, however he did not handle himself well."

The 'twit' did nothing wrong. Nice try though.

Edited by Volourn

He went for a block so the guy couldn't get reach the QB. If what he did was so horrible; the refs would have nailed him.

Yes, because Denver isn't famous for cut blocks at the knees.

That's because you are silly. The Giants are (well were without all the injures) a Super Calibre team. Their offense is as good as anyone's and while their pass defense isn't the best; they quite possible have the best one-two punbch for defensive ends. Of course, they're both injured now. LOL Considering their biggest weakness on offense is their QB who is pretty damn good says a lot.

Well, I might be silly, but the Giants didn't prove me wrong :-"

They lost to good teams and their "signature" wins came against Philly, Dallas, and Atlanta.

Dallas sucked at the time and it's clear that Atlanta is a Jets type of team. Good win against Philly though.

As I said, in my mind they were a playoff team, but I didn't see them as a Superbowl team. For lots of reason, but alot of it is that Eli just isn't there yet and their Defense isn't good enough to carry them a la Ravens past defenses.

A list compiled by the Denver Post blamed cut blocks for at least five significant injuries to Broncos opponents since 2001:

Oct. 21, 2001: Chargers defensive lineman Maa Tanuvasa suffers a broken ankle on a cut block by left tackle Matt Lepsis.

Oct. 28, 2001: New England linebacker Bryan Cox blames a broken leg on a clip by right guard Dan Neil, who denies hitting Cox.

Dec. 1, 2002: Chargers defensive tackle Jamal Williams suffers a dislocated ankle when blocked from behind by guard Steve Herndon.

Sept. 19, 2004: Jacksonville defensive end Paul Spicer's leg is broken on a low block by Lepsis.

Oct. 25, 2004: Cincinnati defensive tackle Tony Williams suffers a broken ankle after a cut block by right tackle George Foster.

The Williams one was ridiculous. It was on a screen pass. Herndon cut him from behind and rolled up his ankle when he was no where near the play.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9606522/1

From a former Broncos defensive lineman...

"It's dirty, there's no question about it," Hayward said. "It's a dirty way to play. But they use it because it works. That's why you're seeing more teams use it. It works. That doesn't make it right. The league has tried to do stuff to make it safer, but they haven't done enough. It's a way a guy can get seriously hurt. It's a dirty system."

And no one should be defending a player using the cut block when the player does it in a Spike play.

Edited by Kelverin

"Philly, Dallas, and Atlanta."

All good teams. they also could have evary easily beaten the Colts (which would ahve meant no undefeatable talk). And, they could have taken out Chicago last week despite ahorrible game by their QB and misisng a good chunk of their team (espicially on defense).

The Giants wer every much super bowl claibre. Now, I'm not so sure, obviously.

And, no, that shot wasn't dirty. It was clean. If it was dirty there'd have been a penalty since the refs obviosuly saw it. You cna make a list of hudnreds of plays and quotes by millions of ex players. If it was dirty it be illegal.

Game over.

Edited by Volourn