Bush uses 9/11 to Justify Iraq War

Okay. Close enough for U.S. government work

Not at all.

They aren't alts in any way shape or form, because they are completely different people. Posting asinine statements like "Close enough for government work" (which doesn't even really make sense in this case) is just pointless.

However, the 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit is being posted by the same person as Judge Hades. (Coincidentally, it's also a way to, at least temporarily, by pass the ignore setting people may have put on your other account).

For the record, I'm 100% against alternate accounts. I hated it when Ender used them, and I actually liked Ender. Not to mention a host of other absolutely bizarre stuff that happened because of an alternate account. They really don't serve any other purpose outside of possibly being deceitful. If someone wishes a new account for whatever reason, then there's no need for them to hold on to their previous one.

And the fact they have the same avatar, the same sig, the same posting style, the same basic views, and the same attitude is some very very very very bizarre coincidence. :huh:

Okay, that is a very valid view of them, Alan, and I won't argue about it any more in this thread. If you wish to continue just PM me. Oh, just for the record I am going to use the bunny til he matches my post count in Hades.

Harvey

Al Qaeda is a radical organization based of extremist Islamic practice and Iraq had a secular government. Bin Ladin hates anything that isn't Islamic and Saddam was not a Muslim. He hated Iraq as much as he hated the US and I am sure he is laughing in his cave on how Bush stopped focusing on him and went after his other hated enemy, Hussien.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

And the fact they have the same avatar, the same sig, the same posting style, the same basic views, and the same attitude is some very very very very bizarre coincidence.

Because it's their gimmick. Just because you bought it hook, line, and sinker, doesn't make them alt accounts.

I play multiplayer games with them.

Okay, that is a very valid view of them, Alan, and I won't argue about it any more in this thread.

A "very valid view" of them? :huh: You're starting to sound like a broken record with this statement.

Heh, whatever. I thought you liked threads evolving in their natural way. :shifty:"

For the record, boo alt accounts. Now I have to update my ignore list.

What else to you want me to say, Alan? You have different views than I do and my views, wrong or not, are no more valid or invalid than your views. The only way that this community is going to prosper and grow is that we take account our difference and have a respectable discourse regardless what the topic may be, and out of the respect of the moderators who have to watch over this zoo we should do our best to remain on topic. :huh:

Harvey

Of all the loads of crap you have tried to pass off on us, that was one of the biggest.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If you say so, but I just think it is time for me to mature just a bit.  To make a change for the better.  :huh:

and not scare off newbies with cruel and aggresive posting in their "hello" topics or after their initial posts?

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And maybe to not scare them off with overwhored 'donut' jokes.

If you say so, but I just think it is time for me to mature just a bit.  To make a change for the better.  :huh:

Wouldn't be the first time we've heard that from you. You think you might actually do it this time?

In before the lock!

Edited by Dark Moth

We need to focus on the future, not how we got here.

I agree with these statements.

Tell that to God when you see him. :huh:

I think I'll be too busy worshiping Him. Anyway, God knows what I've said, so I won't need to tell Him later. If you misinterpreted what I meant, then I will expound: I agree with Walsy that we need to focus on the future of Iraq, not the mistakes that were made before now. Of course we will remember and learn from those mistakes, but that's not where the focus needs to be right now. There's a lot of junk that needs to be sorted out. Like Hades said, just leaving abruptly now might not be the best course of action. :(

Edited by Blank

I have no problem with folks accepting responsibility for what we have done in Iraq.

I do have a problem with folks assuming authority to decide how things can be made better.

Especially when there are many who will be involved who do not acknowledge that authority.

So they fight about who will be "the decider" rather than doing something really worthwhile.

It is interesting that the ten commandments don't focus on reasons but on actions.

We need to learn the lessons of past mistakes, not in terms of mourning and yet still pursuing missed objectives, which is what many folks seem to want, but in terms of abandoning corrupt ways of thinking (such as "I am the decider") objectives and methods.

We should just leave and pay for all the damage we have done.

But our pride won't let us.

It will seem imprudent in terms of our future reputation and possible military requirements. HooHaa. HooHaa. Blah, blah, blah.

What a bunch of selve involved egocentric uncaring bastards we really are!

We plan to buy our way to heaven by bombing those who oppose our vision into oblivion and making the world safe for democracy, whoo hah.

I don't think so.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting really sick of hearing about the good intentions of our 500, 1000, and 2000 pound bombs. :)

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I'm curious if the situation would actually improve if the USA just upped and left Iraq.

There would be one less thug in the neighborhood.

And we might save our souls.

Edited by Colrom

The souls thing is a separate topic. Just let it pass if it makes no sense to you, or, if you prefer, use some other idea instead.

US politics should return to reality and focus on important stuff instead of being nitpicking bipartisan nonsense. The Democrats should clean up their act and show how things should be done instead of just how things shouldn't be done.

Maybe then there'd be something worth talking about.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I have no problem with folks accepting responsibility for what we have done in Iraq.

I do have a problem with folks assuming authority to decide how things can be made better.

Especially when there are many who will be involved who do not acknowledge that authority.

I agree. Most of the Iraqi people don't give a rip about what the US is doing. And now that they have a "democracy", they'll just vote in somebody who hates infidels, because that is their religion. Democracy won't change them, if anything, it'll show their true colors, that is, what they all think.
So they fight about who will be "the decider" rather than doing something really worthwhile.
What is the worthwhile thing? Tell us, and maybe we'll join your cause.
It is interesting that the ten commandments don't focus on reasons but on actions.

The ten commandments are not the only thing that matters in Christianity or Judaism. I'm not really sure what you are getting at when you said this. The bible discusses intentions a lot. You say your statement in a manner condemning of the ten commandments. Are they bad? If people were to obey them perfectly, would there not be a great change for the good?

We need to learn the lessons of past mistakes, not in terms of mourning and yet still pursuing missed objectives, which is what many folks seem to want,  but in terms of abandoning corrupt ways of thinking (such as "I am the decider") objectives and methods.

We should just leave and pay for all the damage we have done.

But our pride won't let us.

It will seem imprudent in terms of our future reputation and possible military requirements. HooHaa. HooHaa. Blah, blah, blah.

What a bunch of selve involved egocentric uncaring bastards we really are!

We aren't the deciders, but we are over there now (we won't have to blast our way in right now), so how can we help make things better?

In your eyes, the best thing that the US can possibly do right now is take every military trooper out of Iraq?

We plan to buy our way to heaven by bombing those who oppose our vision into oblivion and making the world safe for democracy, whoo hah.

I don't think so.

Neither does anybody, you just made that up.
Sorry for the rant but I am getting really sick of hearing about the good intentions of our 500, 1000, and 2000 pound bombs.  :)

Bush thought Hussein was a threat. It ends up that Bush wasn't justified to go into Iraq. Nobody is saying, "bombs are actually good intentions." You made that up to rag on something.

You obviously think the US should leave Iraq immediately because we can't help any bit by staying. That might be true, but it might not be true. Why can't help be given? Could the US troops be redirected to protecting food supplies that were not getting to where they needed to go? I don't know. I'm not the decider. And neither are you. You're just ranting and not helping as much as I am. :)

Edited by Blank

This rant might not be on topic but I see little hope for whatever Bush is trying to accomplish in Iraq. No matter how many hospitals or schools the US builds in Iraq or how much progress in democracy is made in Iraq, the Iraqis did not invite the US and will always be hostile towards US occupation and see us as oppressors. The fact that public safety and life in general are getting worse for the majority of Iraqis since the US took over aren't really helping winning any heart or mind. Unless the US is planning to turn Iraq into the 51st state of America (which would probably take half a century and many bloodsheds), US control over Iraq is not going to bear any fruit of success.

Edited by julianw