Bush uses 9/11 to Justify Iraq War

Even voting and protest "movements" don't change a thing.  We need a new form and more efficient government and that is only likely occur through violence.

That can't be the solution, you would only make it worse Hades...violence in this case is just going to bring more violence...nothing else...to revolt in a such a way is to become the one which you hate....

Then the US will be the US and will not change for the better.

It won't any time soon and quite possibly it will never...as one of your best president said: The wave of the future is not the conquest of the world by a single dogmatic creed but the liberation of the diverse energies of free nations and free men.

JFK

But unfortunatly there won't be another president like that, and the elite in the US made sure of it then, and it will in the future...

It doesn't matter if they mask it well enough, what matters is they got and are getting away with it, and nobody ain't gonna stop them.

Nah. You're forgetting that there is a two-term limit for Presidents. Even Tony Blair will be out of office within a year.

That's the benefit of democracies, as Churchil said:

Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It doesn't matter if they mask it well enough, what matters is they got and are getting away with it, and nobody ain't gonna stop them.

Nah. You're forgetting that there is a two-term limit for Presidents. Even Tony Blair will be out of office within a year.

That's the benefit of democracies, as Churchil said:

Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.

So, instead of "getting away with it," they will have "gotten away with it?" Is that the only difference?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Nope. Without the trappings of power they are more vulnerable.

Well, since they love the Reagan admin so much, they could feign alsheimers ;)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

FYI, having not read anythign in this thread, today more Americans have died in Iraq and Afghanistan than on 9/11

The civilian body count in Iraq is about 45,000 give or take. Also we torture Iraqi's now instead of Saddam. Makes me sick to just think about it. Then again its election year for my state so atleast oil prices are a buck cheaper right? It must mean my economy is doing better since im so stupid huh? Well atleast i can rest easy knowing bush is keeping me safe yet still in danger at the same time. What would we do without neo-republicans to keep us safe.

America!

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

If you hate the state that much, I strongly recommend moving.  As you do your daily affairs, you do nothing but support the government via taxes and whatnot.

I don't hate my state. I hate the leadership of the country I reside in. Still, I am moving next year to some place a bit warmer, maybe Seattle or Denver.

Myspace Website!

My rig

If you hate the state that much, I strongly recommend moving.  As you do your daily affairs, you do nothing but support the government via taxes and whatnot.

I don't hate my state. I hate the leadership of the country I reside in. Still, I am moving next year to some place a bit warmer, maybe Seattle or Denver.

That's warmer??!!? Where do you live? Alaska?

That's warmer??!!? Where do you live? Alaska?

Ann Arbor Michigan - I said a bit. I could really live without Denver i guess. But its just fun to ski!

Myspace Website!

My rig

Meh, I hear that, I'd like to get out of the Midwest (or at least in to CHicago) shortly as well.

I just went to your myspace (bored) and saw this:

Who I'd like to meet:

Positive people! ;)

You're in the wrong place :(

Edited by kumquatq3

I could really live without Denver i guess. But its just fun to ski!

Hey! Don't talk smack about Denver's weather :( . We have better winter weather than California. Most of the snow goes to the mountains while we enjoy mostly sunny weather in the city. We get about two weeks ( on average ) of 'cold as a son-of-a-bitch' weather each winter. The rest of the time I just wear a light work jacket.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I could really live without Denver i guess. But its just fun to ski!

Hey! Don't talk smack about Denver's weather :( . We have better winter weather than California. Most of the snow goes to the mountains while we enjoy mostly sunny weather in the city. We get about two weeks ( on average ) of 'cold as a son-of-a-bitch' weather each winter. The rest of the time I just wear a light work jacket.

Bah, two weeks my eye. You don't live up north here. We get months of that stuff.