Happy Birthday Star Trek!!

Surreptishus

Who is this mysterious Sisko? Just so you know, anything DS9 doesnt count.

Of course it counts silly man. DS9 is the best series of them all.

DS9 violates the most basic premise of the Star Trek concept; a lone spaceship boldly going where no man has gone before. It sucked, just like Babylon 5 sucked.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I could never get into DS9. I tried. I liked one very early episode where an alien was prey for hunters and he took pride in that, and I liked Odo, but that was about it. No space exploration, never liked the Ferrengi, the station was dull scenery.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Who is this mysterious Sisko? Just so you know, anything DS9 doesnt count.

Of course it counts silly man. DS9 is the best series of them all.

DS9 violates the most basic premise of the Star Trek concept; a lone spaceship boldly going where no man has gone before. It sucked, just like Babylon 5 sucked.

LOL kaftan is right... I mean it only got better once they had their own ship. Teh action lessened the narcoleptic effect of all the religious garbage contained within the whole emissary and wormhole aliens plot.

I could never get into DS9. I tried. I liked one very early episode where an alien was prey for hunters and he took pride in that, and I liked Odo, but that was about it. No space exploration, never liked the Ferrengi, the station was dull scenery.

Towards the last few seasons, the Jem Ha'dar war was kick ass, brought life to a rather dull Star Trek Universe. How many times can ship X visit planet A and violate the Prime Directive or help out planet A's people?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I have no idea who the Jem Ha'dar are...were they Kira's people? I found her storyline pretty dull whenever they devoted episodes to it. I admit I didn't watch the last few seasons tho. By then I'd pretty much given up on the ST universe as a whole. :)

And yeah, the old style, or any style, can get old...I guess for me it's really that for whatever reasons, the character groups/chemistry in all the series after TNG just didn't 'click' with me at all.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have no idea who the Jem Ha'dar are...were they Kira's people? I found her storyline pretty dull whenever they devoted episodes to it. I admit I didn't watch the last few seasons tho. By then I'd pretty much given up on the ST universe as a whole. :)

And yeah, the old style, or any style, can get old...I guess for me it's really that for whatever reasons, the character groups/chemistry in all the series after TNG just didn't 'click' with me at all.

I shoulkd say the Dominion since they are the major players. The Jem'Hadar are their foot soldiers.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That was the best of the DS9 episodes. :lol: ..but other than that, I never really cared for the show, although I tried as well.

Happy B-Day Star Trek.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I like the Ferengi, but otherwise my sentiments are the same as Lady Crimon's; though in DS9's defense I had scheduling issues and missed half the episodes. I only watched four episodes of Voyager and I didn't watch even a single episode of Enterprise. It really makes me sad that the franchise went into such a decline.

Happy Birthday Star Trek.

Edit: Nice, that link doesn't work. Thanks word filters! Change the **** to the s word that is a synonym for crap.

Edited by Nartwak

Voyager was almost as good as TNG, I dont think Ive missed more than 10 episodes during the whole 7 seasons.

Still, black vulcans? What's next, asian klingons?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The Enterprise was the one that I didn't really see much of. By the time it started, the station that plays it here didn't come in well. Tried to watch it a couple times and it did look kinda interesting...different at least...but watching it through staticy snow became too troublesome. :p

Why do you think so? In my case I didn't watch it because all of the characters got on my nerves.

I enjoyed it because it was the classic Star Trek concept of a lone ship on adventures in space. I did like the doctor though, but I found Tom Paris and Neelix quite annoying.

Sometimes I think they create annoying characters on purpouse just so we'll watch the shows hoping they will meet with some gruesome fate.

So..  who is the best Captain?  Kirk, Picard, Janeway or that guy from Quantum leap?

I say Jean-Luc Picard all the way. He's both wise, clever and handsome plus he was in Dune which is an awesome film (the books suck)

Can: open.

Worms: everywhere. :D (Go, go Kaftan!)

Spock

Sulu

Picard

Kirk

Spock had a disastrous term as Captain of the Enterprise: he presided over a mutiny!

1. Sisko (he did an amazing rendition of Sir Alec Guiness's character in The Bridge Over the River Kwai in one episode, though the whole series was meh)

2= Janaway (female commanders, come on!; of course the first few years are completely forgettable. Now if only Torres was a captain ... )

2= Picard (Shakespearean skills to the fore)

3. Kirk, of course (cue Kirk versus Spock fight music ... )

4. Sulu

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

1. Sisko (he did an amazing rendition of Sir Alec Guiness's character in The Bridge Over the River Kwai in one episode, though the whole series was meh)

Oh? Which episode was that. I usually end up watching DS9 and TNG every day.

:thumbsup: Spike TV

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Oh? Which episode was that. I usually end up watching DS9 and TNG every day.

:( Spike TV

Long time ago, my recall wouldn't be able to even name the year.

He was incarcerated, and the gaoler offers him an end to his sweat-box solitary confinement incarceration, if he promises to have his crew do (whatever it was they had to do) and he just walked back to the sweatbox, voluntarily and in great pain from being cramped in it for weeks, and got back in.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

DS9 is on tv in reruns?

Yes. On Spike TV

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I enjoyed it because it was the classic Star Trek concept of a lone ship on adventures in space. I did like the doctor though, but I found Tom Paris and Neelix quite annoying.

Sometimes I think they create annoying characters on purpouse just so we'll watch the shows hoping they will meet with some gruesome fate.

Oh, I forgot about the doctor. I did like him. I can see where you're coming from then, thanks.

Voyager's holo-doc cracked me up; I did enjoy his character. I liked it even more when he showed up for a cameo in the Star Trek: First Contact film.