IE

EnoGPRehT

No.

"Great arguement Volourn."

Yeah, because your opposing arguments are full of deep thoughts like the following:

"Actually the graphics in ToEE are better than any IE game I've played and that would be all of them. Not that I don't think the IE is any good, it's just Troika did a nice job of taking the IE to the next level."

or

"Oh graphically it's just IE++, but as far as D&D engines go, it blows NWN outta the water"

Yeah, totally convincing facts and details to back up your claim. In fact, all i see is an opinion much like my no. I was just clearer and more concise with my opinion.

LOLLERS

P.S. The best D&D engine is that one allows there to be a DM, and multiple players since that's what D&D is about. Not multi headed monster parties to play a 15-25 hour adventure that crashes every 2 seconds against billions of easy and retarded bugbears.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ToEE is one of the buggiest POS gsmes I have ever had the misfortuned of playing.  In fact there has only been one game buggier and that was Ulitma 9.  The Infinity Engine was good in its day but that day has passed.

Buggy or not, it still looks better than any of the IE games.

No.

Yeah, because your opposing arguments are full of deep thoughts like the following:

"Actually the graphics in ToEE are better than any IE game I've played and that would be all of them. Not that I don't think the IE is any good, it's just Troika did a nice job of taking the IE to the next level."

or

"Oh graphically it's just IE++, but as far as D&D engines go, it blows NWN outta the water"

Yeah, totally convincing facts and details to back up your claim. In fact, all i see is an opinion much like my no. I was just clearer and more concise with my opinion.

LOLLERS

P.S. The best D&D engine is that one allows there to be a DM, and multiple players since that's what D&D is about. Not multi headed monster parties to play a 15-25 hour adventure that crashes every 2 seconds against billions of easy and retarded bugbears.

R00fles!

I wasn't talking the Gameplay in ToEE when I said ToEE LOOKED better than any IE game I've played. There's a difference there, Volo -- Graphics and Gameplay. Graphically, ToEE looks better than any of the IE games.

Setzer, you better read the last exchange between Night and myself. My use of your quote wasn't an attack OR a disagreement with you. I was making fun of someone's lame attempt to claim that my 'no' wasn't a 'greta argument' as he implied other 'arguments' in this thread were deep.

I wa spoitning out that no one really gave an argument. Just opinions.

P.S. I would agree that overall TOEE had better graphics than the IE; but some things graphically the IE did better. But, that wans't the point of my last post...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I guess people were happier playing Infocom games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Graphics in a game might be important to some, but it is not the most important thing. If you want to talk about TOEE and how beautiful it graphics were (they were not all that) and compare it to let's say Baldurs Gate. Well no comparison. BG is the better game.

In everyway. Don't bring up how great the combat was because again it was not all that. Hell Pong is a better game than TOEE.

Graphics in a game might be important to some, but it is not the most important thing. If you want to talk about TOEE and how beautiful it graphics were (they were not all that) and compare it to let's say Baldurs Gate. Well no comparison. BG is the better game.

In everyway. Don't bring up how great the combat was because again it was not all that. Hell Pong is a better game than TOEE.

Sure, sure, I wouldn't argue with that. Your previous comment was a lot stronger. :D

Hehe, complaining in my english.. On lining the threat.. christ.. Where are we going to, idiots? I know I could of fit some of that text to very much smallr base perhaps but hell it looks much nicer in the way it is I still think. Anyhow, now that we are off from that...

__

I saw some good posts on there alots on TOEE engine, IE++, and some good examples of 3D in VtM. Well yeah those are all good engines and even TOEE with patches looks insanely great I have to admit. Still as said there IE is god of this genre cRPGs as some said I would agree.. About now on the idea why I got pissed for and wrote that all was because I saw the Devs post on other threat and well I think that was more like giving a 1 opinion on one person what the IE can do and rest was to 3D looking good which ain't true..

About recent reviews I took was to BIS engine to look as far reach that sounds it didn't seem anygood to run baldur's gate and don't even understand why that specific engine was even on minds of developers to use on Project Jefferson as I understanded. Still would say the IE with good clean up and new style 3D animations would be the only & best option to run new AD&D games. Beside why it even has to be called 'Baldur's Gate'. We all saw the PoR2(Pool of radiance 2) was bad game(My opinion). Why not for example make 'Curse of the Azure Bonds', 'Secret of the Silver Blades' or even 'Pools of Darkness' to be greated and to players with IE? hell they could build whole serie to be in 1 box set.. :cool:

Also Been thinking of these other books out there.. There's a hundreds correction: thousands of good D&D/AD&D books to use to great good game and they used 4-5 books????? I know interplay made Descent to Undermountain and that was I think the "first try to make good Baldur's Gate", but hell there so much more and those could sell even to match.. (Meaning this as publishers point of few). That Since there is no Baldur's Gate 3 any fan of the serie would buy any game greated to simlar world and same rules set made with IEngine). They wouldn't have to use tha name 'Baldur's Gate' and they could still come up insanely good storyline & gameplay.. :thumbsup:

Ps. Sorry about my english & sorry about the everything bad about this message. There's no need to complain, just answer if you have something about subject. thanks. :)

No.

or

LOLLERS

R00fles!

Except that NWN is only kinda 3.0e, I like the DM client, NWN's has some very nice features in terms gameplay. My thinking was purely aimed at rule implementation and in my opinion, which most of such threads are full of, opinions, ToEE is king.

Also, for the millionth time NWN on release made ToEE look stable, in my experience, while in your experience that may indeed be totally different, that neither changes or disputes any experience of my own.

It depends what a person enjoies, and NWN is to me an average game no matter how one plays it, especially when considering D&D simulation upon a computer ToEE is a more convincing effort for myself than NWN, Multiplayer and DM's doesn't change the fact that playing NWN never felt anything remotely close in my experience to playing ToEE.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

ToEE was so buy I couldn't even get the game to work right at all, unlike NWN when I first got it. Also unlike NWN, ToEE had next to no support after release. As for the OC ToEE was pretty damn lacking in that department. Every IE game, even IWD 2, beats ToEE in the story department. Hell, even NWN OC beats ToEE in the story department and that is pretty damn sad.

What about NWN? huh.. Lol nwn was piece of s*** I think spoiling entire RPG genre for PC.. Would I ever actually say it was good remains seen but I see no reason ever to buy or even test NWN nor NWN 2 in matter of fact... About it's crappy engine with totally different view than this topic was even referring to it's funny it's even mentioned here..