The Comicbook thread Pt. IX

Kaftan Barlast

Random picture

1fbad4b7251c5803808b8998c8ce9cb0.jpg

Awesome!! :ermm:) Star Trek is good, X-men is good... both at the same time is like orgasmic!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

oh.. the next arc in exiles is EVERY SINGLE INCARNATION of wolverine is being put on a single team to stop somthing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... cheap comic arc cash-in rip-offs? :lol:

nope... the writer is making fun of the fact that wolverine is ever so pervasive (he's in Uncanny, Astonishing, Wolverine, Wolverine Origins, Avengers and I think one or two other books with guest appearances in about six on a regular basis). So they just took various different wolverines, used extra dimentional technology and put em all on one team.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/082306/ex85cvr.html

As long as the point was to poke fun at all the overuse of Wolverines.

Why is this character so popular, I wonder?

Chris Claremont writing him as a mutant superspy with claws and the ability to heal quickly.

think 007 with claws, feral rage, and martial arts abilities extending beyond the simple punch, kick, and fencing.

I do find it interesting that when you go back through the "essencial" collections of Xmen (the Xmen runs from Giant sized number 1 on, uncanny from Uncanny Xmen 1 on)you notice that Wolverines healing ability got supercharged (I think they said that it was in response to magneto yanking out Wolvies skeleton) to the point where, before he could die and take hits that would knock most people silly and keep on ticking (but be black and blue for a week) where as now the writers somtimes have sadistic soldiers torture him for fun (in ultimate Xmen, they have him get hit with more napalm than was used in desert storm. he survives. He also gets run over by a bus, impaled, shot in the head with adamantium bullets, blasted in half, and I think he's gotten his neck broken once or twice. in the "real" universe he gets sliced to ribbions and keeps on ticking). Oh and it's reported that He DOESN'T AGE!

The 'he doesn't age' schtick has been around for awhile. I mean, I'm not familiar with the really early stuff but at least pre-Dark Phoenix.

Also don't forget about the Wolvie vs. Hulk run in Ultimate where he gets ripped in f*cking half by the Hulk and crawls a few miles using his arms to get back to his legs so he can put himself back together.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

:)

But if you remember The End, Wolverine is as grey as it gets after around 120 years from 616 present. He has trouble getting his claws back inside and doesn't heal so quickly anymore, there's this section where he tries to stay up on an alley after a fight and leaves a bloodtrail. No more instant wound-closing.

Too bad The End was so bad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I remember there was an Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Spider-man Crossover where Wolverine and Spider-man accidentally switched bodies.

Wolverine lost some fingers. They grew back.

This really bothered me, because... how can adamantium bone be cut off, let alone grow back?

Maybe he can retract the metal from sections of his body.

The question is; why would he? :)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I remember there was an Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Spider-man Crossover where Wolverine and Spider-man accidentally switched bodies.

Wolverine lost some fingers. They grew back.

This really bothered me, because... how can adamantium bone be cut off, let alone grow back?

they didn't put the metal in his fingers... only his major bones are soaked in it.

Also in Ultimate Xmen they finially decided on his official name, James Howllett aka Lucky Jim. Canadian infantry at Dday, everone called him lucky jim because he'd get shot and stand strait back up. He is probably the first known mutant in exsistance in 616

in 616 he's been around for about 1-2 hundred years already I think (wolverine origins has him as a a boy running around with an aumishish family). From what I can tell other than Apokolypse, Namor(maybe) and possible sinister (who I don't know much about) he's the oldest known mutant

Not really. Hulk ripped him in half a little below the rib cage, between his stomach and intestines. Only bones there would be his spine, and that's jointed all the way down.

EDIT: Also Origins was really cool. Beautiful art.

EDITx2: Sinister isn't even a real mutie. He made a pact with Apocalypse for his services Apocalypse gave him extraordinary genetics tech and he mutated himself. Cloney. He and Wolvie were born at around the same time.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Ozymandias is the greek name for Ramesses II and he was a servant for Apocalypse back in the day(one of my favorite comic bad guy minions), so Apocalypse is kind of old.

kirottu said:

Hellsing_manga.jpg

Amazing. And Kafty can go eat bricks or something.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Yeah.

kirottu said:

Wikipedia says Apocalypse is the oldest known mutant.

most of Apocs' powers came from "the ship"

I think it's the ship the master controls.

Yeah, I believe Apocalypse's only mutant power is immortality... but I may be wrong.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg