Who Wants to be a Superhero

Oerwinde

Anybody seen this yet? Its pretty funny. Major Victory is classic.

Its totally a spoof on reality shows. Its so obvious some of it is staged. But its entertaining and thats what matters.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Major Victory is awesome. At first glance I thought this would just be stupid crap, but now I love this show. The last episode was great, with Iron Enforcer

becoming Dark Enforcer

and Fat Momma throwing donuts to try and distract the dogs. :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next episode.

I saw one episode of that show, the one where the superhero wannabes were running around on their mission and all but three or four of them ran right by the crying little girl. WITHOUT A SECOND GLANCE! What kind of superhero does that?

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool but I don't have a TV guide and I'm new to this "cable" business. So when exactly is the show on?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

SciFi ScheduleBot

08/08/2006 11:05 PM EPISODE 102 

08/10/2006 07:00 PM EPISODE 101 

08/10/2006 08:00 PM EPISODE 102 

08/10/2006 09:00 PM EPISODE 103 

08/10/2006 02:00 AM EPISODE 103 

08/13/2006 11:00 PM EPISODE 103 

08/15/2006 11:05 PM EPISODE 103 

08/17/2006 07:00 PM EPISODE 102 

08/17/2006 08:00 PM EPISODE 103 

08/17/2006 09:00 PM EPISODE 104 

08/17/2006 01:30 AM EPISODE 104 

08/20/2006 11:00 PM EPISODE 104 

08/22/2006 11:05 PM EPISODE 104 

08/24/2006 07:00 PM EPISODE 103 

08/24/2006 08:00 PM EPISODE 104 

08/24/2006 09:00 PM EPISODE 105 

08/24/2006 01:00 AM EPISODE 105 

08/27/2006 11:00 PM EPISODE 105 

08/29/2006 11:05 PM EPISODE 105 

08/31/2006 07:00 PM EPISODE 104 

08/31/2006 08:00 PM EPISODE 105 

08/31/2006 09:00 PM EPISODE 106 

08/31/2006 01:00 AM EPISODE 106 

09/03/2006 11:30 PM EPISODE 106 

09/05/2006 11:00 PM EPISODE 106

I watched the first episode...they're all lame...except for Stan Lee, of course.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I keep meaning to watch it but as usual I keep forgetting. I just don't pay attention to TV anymore. People say it's good tho...even TVGuide. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Reading all the bios and such for each character, the only ones who aren't lame are Lumeria and Levity. And Levity was the one that was dropped first.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, tonights eliminations were no surprise. As soon as Ty'veculus didn't volunteer to be eliminated I knew he was gone. I am wondering how they're going to get a full season when they eliminate 2 people per episode.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I agree, but it was so obvious that it was the answer Stan Lee was looking for. The situation is a clich

Devastatorsig.jpg

oye I'm having flashbacks to people doing this WHILE THE SHOW WAS RUNNING! on the coh boards.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If that happens... will she be called Dark Momma?  :-

Probably. :D

I think Creature and Fat Momma will be the next ones eliminated. From the ads for the next episode you have Fat Momma crying, and you have only Feedback, Lemuria, Major Victory, and Fat Momma at the "rehabilitation"

That sounds right to me. I didn't notice Creature in the promos either.

Edited by Nartwak

If the final 3 are Lemuria, Feedback, and Major Victory I'll be happy. While Major Victory is my #1 choice, I like the other two as well. Lemuria has a decent costume and powers(if you check the bios on the website) and I like that she was voted onto the show by a poll at Scifi.com. Feedback... I'd just feel bad for him losing. I mean dude quit his job to be on the show.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm still kind of confused...

This is a reality TV series that has fake superheroes pretending to be real? So it can't really be a reality TV show can it?...Maybe this should go in the Philosophy thread...

Anyways:

Is it worth watching if I haven't seen the first few (or however many) episodes?

I'm still kind of confused...

This is a reality TV series that has fake superheroes pretending to be real? So it can't really be a reality TV show can it?...Maybe this should go in the Philosophy thread...

Anyways:

Is it worth watching if I haven't seen the first few (or however many) episodes?

Its super cheesy. Definitely a fun watch. What it is is its people who made up superheroes, pretending to be their heroes in order to have their character appear in comics and a TV movie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

it'd be really odd if they pulled in one of the characters that stan himself made (which is about 3/4s of marvel.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...