Bioshock interview @TTLG

Morgoth

Or you can kill a little girl's protector and become the girl's new protector. I think.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think that's pushing it. :)

Heja Sverige!!

But would you have to go around wearing a dress and let your hair grow?

Heja Sverige!!

Nah, just harvest Adam to support your Guardian.

I doubt all "harvesters" are little girls.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think there's something about the little girls' bodies that allows them to process "Adam". Hence only they can do the harvesting.

Heja Sverige!!

Ooookay, let's avoid nasty jokes. But I should say that there's some potential to that comment of yours. Some potential.

I thought you could harvest Adam yourself?

By the way, has it been established how energy works in this game? Do we get a mana system or does using your beastly plasmid powers drain your renegerating stamina or corrupt you slowly or something?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, and for the record, you can jump in Bioshock!  :D

\o/

Must buy.

(w00t)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Oh, so that's why I see everything in greys and reds. Funny. Come to think of it, I don't remember those...are those gills?

You know, they even could implement something like oinking (mix of Gorilla and pig), and the more you turn yourself into a monster, it starts growing more loudly and more often.... with no option to turn it off. This might make the player completely nuts, but at least they could sell it as a "realistic feature". ;)

Is that like caffawkling? :mellow:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Bioshock Company Line

BioShock is a revolution in the shooter genre that will forever change the expectations for the FPS. Going beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. BioShock is the Shooter 2.0.

After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn.

Features

* Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your very survival.

* Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to the enemy and environment.

* Genetically modify your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city, empowering you with fantastic and often grotesque abilities.

* Explore a living world powered by Ecological A.I., where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience.

* Experience truly next generation graphics that vividly illustrate the forlorn art deco city, highlighted by the most detailed and realistic water effects ever developed in a video game.

* Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture

BioShock is a revolution in the shooter genre that will forever change the expectations for the FPS. Going beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. BioShock is the Shooter 2.0.

Why would the creators of System Shock claim such a thing? They should know things like that became more and more passe since SS (2) and DX (2)?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Half-Life 2, Far Cry, No One Lives Forever etc.

Hell; some games (Serious Sam, Painkiller) advertise with the fact they go back "to the old school" with loads of monsters who run and attack like that; just because there are not alot of those to be found anymore...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Half-Life 2 is filled with run and gun corridors.

Heja Sverige!!

I wouldn't consider System Shock 2 or Deus Ex to be really all that similar to a game like Half-Life 2 or No One Lives Forever (though I'd be a bit more willing to accept NOLF2, which does have some character customization).

I wouldn't consider System Shock 2 or Deus Ex to be really all that similar to a game like Half-Life 2 or No One Lives Forever (though I'd be a bit more willing to accept NOLF2, which does have some character customization).

I am not saying that the games are similar; but that the mentioned games (Nolf, Half-life etc.) do put more effort into AI and leveldesign and lively enviroments (City 17 anyone?) than the BioShock creators seem to imply with their quote; and they should know that the more complex SS2 and DX (and also a bit Half-Life1) set the trend to make games less mindless FPS; even if they don't take it that far as SS2 or DX

^

I still say that the game design of SS2 and DX has certainly not become passe.

I love Half-Life and Half-Life 2 as much as anybody (maybe even more, given my self-proclaimed fanboi status), and I don't think DX really mimics the experience I get from either of those games.

Most shooters now days seem to be relatively on a rail, dealing heavily with scripting with little deviation in multiple playthroughs. The game experience is relatively static. Not that this is a bad thing. As I said, I'm a Half-Life fanboi, and Call of Duty is a phenomenal experience.

So when Serious Sam says they are going "old school," I see it more a deviation from those types of games.

Not games like System Shock 2 or Deus Ex.