Bioshock interview @TTLG

Morgoth

Maybe Gabrielle meant that the graphics suck awesome juice. Because that's what they do.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Can I play as a female in Bioshock? I don't play games that don't give me the option of playing as a female because I find it insulting on a personal level to be forced to put myself in the role of a man.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Sounds good, but what game doesn't during the hype stage. Then it comes out and its not what everyone thought it would and pissed off gamers gather in the forums and whine like bitches.

I wish I had a few hundred dollars for every gamer that raved about how awesome a new game was going to be than whined like an arse on the forums when the game was released.

The proof is in the pudding, not in the cookbook.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

But this is done by Irrational, and they can do no wrong. Really.

This game will go beyond the hype and change everyone's life for the better.

Bioshock could make Chuck Norris cry with happiness.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I concur what Herr Pidesco said: Irrational is one of few devs that still takes big risks while manages it to stay in business alive.

Bioshock is probably the only game out there right now that has no single integrant that makes me suspicious or sour. In fact, everytime I hear something new it just succeeds my (already very high) expectations.

And I'm still waiting for those freakin' scans dammit!

Sometime in 2007

Heja Sverige!!

I think it will come out, at best, on the day of Vista's release. When will that be?

Heja Sverige!!

• 3 weeks later...

Why does every screenshot from that game look like it's taken through an oil filter? There's this shiny, blurry, cloud-like look in front of everything. I don't like it one bit.

Other than that it sounds really good, except for one bit: it seems they're trying to make the game heavily AI-dependant. Oblivion tried that too.. Actually, I've never seen a game where the AI has been a positive experience.. except perhaps FEAR.. and Far Cry sometimes.. Risky.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"GS: Tell us about how diplomacy can be used solve any of the game's challenges, if it can be. How many living characters, which are articulate and sane enough to carry on a conversation, will be in the game, and how will your character's skills figure into these dialogues?"

"KL: I'm not a fan of dialogue trees, and I never have been. I think they're limiting in the sense that your options are always either A, or B, or C. I've never liked digital options--I've always liked expressability. I've always liked being able to choose by action, rather than choosing by pressing the 1 or 2 keys on a keyboard."

I like that. In your typical Obsidian/Bio/BIS-legacy whatever game, choices were basically limited through dialog-1-2-3, trading (do I take teh shields or teh morning star?), or mere combat (click I onto Speedy-Gonzales-fast moving feat, or click I onto that Fire-spell?). While that's okay too, expecially people who have PnP background, I always prefered player-driven choices, it feels more involved, more visceral when I'm responsible for the impact, not just some stats.

I hope they pull it off with the mentioned "at least 40 different ways of interacting...".

I agree about the dialogue-tree and player driven choice opinions. I've always thought D&D was boring because of how stat based it really is. Also, I thought it was hilarious to read how all these self-proclaimed hardcore roleplayers on these boards were struggling with their metagaming in Oblivion, when it became painfully clear that their usual roll-playing didn't work and they actually had to recalculate their "roleplaying" to make the most of their characters. Not only did they whine like little piglets, they also had the audacity to blame the game for being crappy because they had to metagame. Just hilarious.

It sounds as Bioshock will be another shock for our dear diceroll-players.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by mkreku

Not really. The actual "town", Rapture, isn't filled with water so you'renot going to swim around, you're going to walk around. And unless being underwater seriously alters visibility through air, that's still unexplained. It looks a bit like a slimy Fable.. not a good thing.

I remember somewhere reading that the big boys (Sony, MS) dictate the devs to use certain amounts of effects, specific color range and whatever else in order to get green light for shipping. No clue whether that's true (could also be an angry Sony/MS hater who makes things up), but it would also explain why colors are often more saturated on console version than on a PC CRT.

Maybe they have to?

Actually, looking at the screenshots again, I kinda find them beautiful. Some of the atmospheric fog effects look like painted with airbrush, which is maybe intended. The only thing that gives me the creeps is that the shirt of that guy shines like it was metal. Maybe the artists/coders haven't found a way yet to seperate the light-system impact on certain materials?