Diabetes thread

Fenghuang

Well, I did a blood test about six months ago which looked fine in every respect, but is there any chance that I just "lucked out" on e.g. blood sugar? Or is the fact that you have to do it on an empty stomach supposed to eliminate such potential misrepresentations of the blood values? Oh well, I guess I'm just making too much of everything right now.

a blood test is not the only, nor primary, method of determining diabetes. if a test comes back way high or way low, that is certainly cause to see a doctor, however. anyway, if you haven't eaten in a while, your sugar would be low (if you had diabetes) more than likely. and hour after eating a full meal, it would otherwise be high.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I blame cheese.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think you'd probably be dead if you lost 40lbs of piss. You probably just were not processing the sugar in your blood. Why did I type that? What's wrong with me?

I was indeed pissing sugar. I gained all that weight back once I started taking the pills and my peeing is back to normal. (w00t)

And Wally, cheese has almost zero glucose/sugar/carb but the fat does contribute in reducing the blood flow.

Just so long as the sugar wasn't in lumps! :D

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.