Star Trek XI & JJ Abrams

LadyCrimson

Can anyone truly act the way William Shatner does, in a convincing fashion?

There's only two people I've seen pull off a convincing Shatner. One is Jason Alexander. So he's out. The other is Kevin Pollak. So I guess there...is...NO...one.. able to pull...off such..a ..feat.

I dunno, Jim Carey does a pretty good version in Ace Ventura ... ^_^

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Especially after the last two mediocre to terrible films."

Nonsnese. Insurrection was good.  And, Nemsis is one of the top 3  ST films. I personally think people overrate The Wrath of Khan. Then again, anything with picard and company goes up by 1 million points in my mind since the acting is 1 million times better than the original ST cast (and the ones afterwards as well).

"DS9 or a Voyager movie is what we need."

I wouldn't mind a DS9 focused movies. It's no YNG; but it was good. Voyager, however, was simply below average. Sorry; but when your best character is a HOT borg; you know you've lost it. Not to mention how they destroyed the Borg's aura of awesomeness.

Bah! Finally someone else who liked Insurrection. And while I liked Nemesis, I don't think it was top 3. My top 3 would be First Contact, Undiscovered Country, and a toss up between Wrath of Khan and Voyage Home.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"My top 3 would be First Contact, Undiscovered Country, and a toss up between Wrath of Khan and Voyage Home."

All good chocies except for Wrath. Seriously, I think if it wasn't for Spocks' over dramatic 'death scene', I don't think Wrath would be so popular. In fact, there are other parts of that film that i like more IIRC. Khan himself, however, was a terrific villain.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"My top 3 would be First Contact, Undiscovered Country, and a toss up between Wrath of Khan and Voyage Home."

All good chocies except for Wrath. Seriously, I think if it wasn't for Spocks' over dramatic 'death scene', I don't think Wrath would be so popular. In fact, there are other parts of that film that i like more IIRC. Khan himself, however, was a terrific villain.

I think its not that Wrath of Khan was really good, its just that a lot of the others are really bad in comparison. And Khan was the main reason I liked that one. That and the immortal line: "KHAAAAAAAAAAN"

Devastatorsig.jpg

ST 2 and 6 were the best of the original cast. First Contact with TNG is their best. A movie about Kirk and Spocks past would be dull. Lets keep it in the modern era (TNG time period).

I think it would be neat if they avoided Star-Fleet alltogether and based a series around some pirates or something. Think Firefly in the Star Trek universe.

Devastatorsig.jpg

ST 2 and 6 were the best of the original cast. First Contact with TNG is their best. A movie about Kirk and Spocks past would be dull. Lets keep it in the modern era (TNG time period).

I think it would be neat if they avoided Star-Fleet alltogether and based a series around some pirates or something. Think Firefly in the Star Trek universe.

Hum... Firefly is "Firefly in the Star Trek universe". That was one the major inspiration for the show, having pirates in a Star Trek universe. :p

Hum... Firefly is "Firefly in the Star Trek universe". That was one the major inspiration for the show, having pirates in a Star Trek universe. :)

Yeah, but it's NOT Star Trek.

Is it? :huh:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hum... Firefly is "Firefly in the Star Trek universe". That was one the major inspiration for the show, having pirates in a Star Trek universe. :)

Yeah, but it's NOT Star Trek.

Is it? :huh:

Debatable I suppose. Star Trek was originally suppose to be a western, discovering the new frontier and all. Then it was a western in space, then it became what we know, which is more like a space western(?)...

Confusing.