What is the temperature where you live?

Hurlshort

I just woke up and it's around 18 degrees(Celsius) inside. Take note though that it's 8:03 in the morning here, so the outside temperature of 21 doesn't suprise you that much. I predict it's going to be 24-27 later on. Shade or no shade.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well the Weather Network has been teasing us by saying there's a chance of a thundershower every night, but mother nature has failed to deliver on that count.

One plus side to the heat is all the scantily clad women coming in to work.  Hot girls wearing very little+ a cold department =  KQD has busy eyes. :(

We had a thundershower last night in Stony Plain. Plus some additional rain at around 4. Very soothing to go to sleep to :(

Looking up the news, I guess the humidity here has been a lot higher than normal.

While our block has power again, the amusing thing is that people around the corner who had power last night, are now powerless. It's totally crazy, and seemingly random. State 2 emergency blah blah, whatever that means. I think we broke the pst power-demand record or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, that whole central area gets hotter than hell.  I drove near Gilroy on the way to Napa Valley, and it was hot.  Hell, Napa, which is generally pretty cool, had a day over 100 while we were vacationing.  We spent one day in Sacramento, and that was hot, much as I expected.  Here in Sunny Southern California, we're in our usual three digit temperatures during the day.  I keep my house at around 73 degrees, so it's not so bad.  It can be quite hot outside and I wouldn't know the difference.

However, I'm heading to Las Vegas in two weeks and it's going to be a scorcher.  I'll be seeing 120+ degree wether in the desert.  ...And it's not like home where I can plan my outings to more or less avoid the worst heat of the day.

Eldar, you are the biggest jerk. You were in Calax and my backyard.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

All this talk about the weather being hot and no mention of global warming? What has happened to this forum?

Anyhow, I'm roasting in CA, which is surprising given that the weather here is supposed to be mild compared to elsewhere. I do think that there is cause for alarm, even if Al Gore didn't make An Inconvenient Truth.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

All this talk about the weather being hot and no mention of global warming? What has happened to this forum

The polls melted so Denmark, Norway, and Finland are no more. Thats like 40% of the board silenced right there.

Well, my wife's folks hadn't had a real vacation in years and they wanted to go somewhere within driving distance. They also couldn't bear to leave their three year old gand-daughter back home, so I had to make arrangements for seven of us altogether. That's a lot of roasting in Sacramento, by the way. If it wouldn't completely derail Hurlshot's great thread, I would tell the story of the whole sordid affair. As it is, I'll simply say I would rather have braved the heat to see you and Calax than spend the week with my in-laws.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's a balmy 35 Celsius, or 95 Fahrenheit outside, though due to rise later in the week. Happily I have very good air-conditioners and my employer pays the utility bills. :o

All this talk about the weather being hot and no mention of global warming? What has happened to this forum?

It's hard to link one specific event to global warming, so the debate might not be terribly fruitful.

If it wouldn't completely derail Hurlshot's great thread, I would tell the story of the whole sordid affair.

Oh go on, you know you want to. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Humidity is 41% here at the moment, so not bad at all. Is it higher in California? I hate humid weather, and when I lived in Japan and had to pay the very expensive utility bills myself, I often put the air conditioner on dry-only mode. This uses a lot less power, and I could still use a fan to cool myself down.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

All this talk about the weather being hot and no mention of global warming? What has happened to this forum

The polls melted so Denmark, Norway, and Finland are no more. Thats like 40% of the board silenced right there.

You forgot Sweden, that's like Kaftan gone right there.

Anyway, I don't complain about that **** now, not after I got myself one of those crossover SUV's anyway. :shifty:

BTW. wtf are you people gonna get the celcious system? I don't understand this fahrenheit crap! :angry:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I blame Al Gore. We all know Mother Nature is just attention seeking. Like a Southern dowager in a Faulkner novel.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Its pretty cool 'ere in Australia, Winter here

But we are suffering from 100 year record breaking draughts and all our farmers are screwed, we are getting minimal rain, and thats a real problem

Humidity is 41% here at the moment, so not bad at all.  Is it higher in California?  I hate humid weather, and when I lived in Japan and had to pay the very expensive utility bills myself, I often put the air conditioner on dry-only mode.  This uses a lot less power, and I could still use a fan to cool myself down.

Just be glad you don't live where I do, where the humidity frequently is above 60% during the summer. Last week we had what could be nearly the hottest day of the year, where the temperature almost reached 100 degrees (fahrenheit) and the humidity was bad. But it's gotten better now. Right now the temperature's around 70 with low humidity.

i suppose GW is also to blame for the excessively cold winter europe had this year... :blink:

taks

Nitpick alert:

Global Warming is not to blame. What is to blame is those who perpertrate actions that cause global warming. :)

That, or the evolution of the planet, to which the cause of global warming is a part of. :(