Things you would like see in a game

Hi people, Gabriel172 here just thought people would like to post their ideas of what they think should be in and what should be out of games in the future.

so please look at my choices and post your own.

Choice between single or party. Examples

Player can choose to play as a single hero/adventurer or form a party of heroes/adventurers. Each member of party can be customized and can swap items between each other. Each member of party can interact with NPC

Things i'd like to see in an RPG:

No classess

No humanoid races (bring on the bizzare and unusual)

Smart and tactical combat

Interactivity

Good writing (I.E. Salvatore is not good writing)

Good story

NPCS !!!!11111

Edited by Lyric Suite

I think it comes down to the fact that we would all like to see some more "reality" in our RPGs .. while not copying our world it does need to attach itself with values we understand - example: like if you rise in status you no longer get sent on stupid errand boy mission (like you said Gabriel172) - unless of course the King asks you to fetch a some ancient relic for him or something like that :lol: ..

--

I would like to see a more realistic Strategy game where you control every aspect of the game.. like a cross between Civilization IV and Galactic Civilization II (only much much deeper and complex).. building your home planet up (destroying all other life on it if you please) and then conquer the galaxy or whatever .. but perhaps with a higher emphasis on culture and moral values etc that would play into how intelligent life reacts to you in the universe..

of course it should be extremely difficult to take over the universe by force, so a heavy emphasis on diplomacy and cunning would also be much appriciated! :p

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I'd like a skill based RPG (like morrowind) that doesn't require you to jump up and down for hours to get a level (unlike morrowind)

I'd also like to see another Steampunk fantasy RPG like Arcanum, but one that's hopefully more balanced.

I'd love to see all of those, but each game would require a thousand designers. Personally, I'd prioritise better writing of both story and dialogue, and fewer fantasy cliches. I'd also like to see the designers of every game choosing at least one area where they're going to try something new and push the envelope a little.

Obsidian (Nightmare)

:lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

No, I hit the point in its weak spot for massive damage. There's nothing in the game that forces you to take acrobatics as a major skill and "jump up and down for hours". If you don't want to level that way, then don't.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

MISS

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah I just got through with NWN too

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Explain please, O wise one.

Skill Synergies would work. If I run around a lot an my athleticism improves, even if I don't jump around a lot I'm still going to be a better jumper.

Same with firing a weapon. If I grow up firing only pistols, while firing a rifle is not going to be exactly the same, I wouldn't be on the same page as someone that grew up never firing a gun of any sort.

Substantial NPC dialogue, basically. Optional side quests apart from main ones for parts of game. Having broader range of character templates and portraits to choose from would be nice. Original NWN game portraits were barely enough, and some looked a bit random.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Don't know, never played it. Bloodlines is a good example of what I mentioned, except they never showed decapitations. Do a stealth kill with a ax in Bloodlines and it goes for the head/neck so I would guess that should have been a decaptiation.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Maybe it doesn't cut al the way through, and at the end misses the last part od the neck, so it doesn't actually cut the head off.