NHL

Darque

Why no confidence in Matt Greene?

To be honest Bergeron, Smid, and Hejda all worry me more, especially on the defensive end. I haven't seen anyone play, but from your (and others) accounts, Smid seems like he's playing quite well, so hopefully he plays well enough to make the team.

But I thought Matt Greene played better and better down the playoff stretch, even if he was good for a penalty a game. I have a good feeling about Greene.

Greene is big and can hit, but he is pretty slow for the 'New NHL'. I noticed his improvement as well last year, but I still think that he's a step or two behind being anything other than a number six defenceman. Of course we're starved for any D right now, so I guess I shouldn't bitch.

I think Tom Gilbert may be the dark horse to squeeze in on the blue line. Having said that he'll probably be sent down this week.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Your pic didn't load, Alan. I don't know about you and Scmarthie. but I'm totally planning on listening to the game on CHED again tonight. I've missed Rod Philips, and wish he would do TV. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Horcoff apparantley got pretty wasted on the Saturday night he spent in town here. His birthday was the next day, so a few of the Oilers took him to the Keg for supper, then to one of the local country bars, where he tied one on. Sad thing was they all cleared out before midnight, according to the reports I've heard.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

hahaha real funny Mr. Kor

I prefer to let MY FLAMES DO THE TALKING ON THE ICE.. VANCOUVER learned a new word 'Phaneufed' :(

But yeah so how easy is it for you to get tickets up in Edmonton guys

I will try and get tickets in Calgary but most likely it will be for sports check zones 25-35 bucks cheaper and easier to get !! although they sell out fast too..

Seems like the corporations by them all up

oh well

I keed, Delta, I keed. I can't help it if the Flames are open to homosexual parody. :D

As for tickets, I haven't looked into any for this season, but towards the tail end of last year my friends and I tried to score some seats for a matchup against the Canucks. The best we could find online a month before the game was standing room only.

After last seasons Stanley Cup run I can't see tracking down tickets getting any easier.

Didn't Air Miles used to have Flames tickets as a reward?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Tie Domi retired. I guess I should feel.. something, but I don't. I've never liked skill-less players who make their living going out on the ice once or twice per game to fight the other team's goon. That was one of the worst parts of the old NHL. Hopefully it won't be back.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Eh. Tie Domi did have skill, and contributed much more than just fighting. He also played more than once, or twice a game. But, overall, I agree, fighting is dumb. It should be completely banned in hockey.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ouch, looks like a tough start to an NHL career is in the picture for Evengi Malkin after doing a faceplant after colliding with teammate John Lecair tonight.

On the plus side, however, it looks like my main man Sergei Gonchar is as sharp as ever!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Hawks played the other night and 2-0 without any of their big names. It was against St. Louis though and they seem like they're pretty much gunning for last place. It was my birthday so I take that as a good sign. I'm pretty excited about Vrbata and of course Ruutu and Havlat should give us some punch on the offensive side. Besides Aucoin and Vandermeer I have a real hard time getting excited about our defensemen, but hopefully someone will emerge and we can deal for someone else.

Also I'm not sure what to make of getting Handzus. He seems dinosaurish and + he's a Czech

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, Seabrook is going to be a bookend defenseman, and I also forgot Duncan Keith had a pretty nice rookie season, but I really wish I wasn't going to have to see Cullimore lurch his way around the rink another year.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.