NHL

Darque

Apparently Emery is out with a wrist injury now. The Sens are getting into an ever deeper hole. Emery was playing better than Gerber was and if the Sens could score more than one goal his record would have been much better than his 3-2 is now. <_<

Tonight's matchup between Edmonton and Montreal was a much better effort for the Oil. Jason Smith woke up from his slumber, and then caught a onetimer on the side of his helmet!

Awww man Koivu just undressed Roli in the first shot of the shootout.

edit: At least we were rewarded with a well earned point.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Tonight's matchup between Edmonton and Montreal was a much better effort for the Oil.  Jason Smith woke up from his slumber, and then caught a onetimer on the side of his helmet!

Awww man Koivu just undressed Roli in the first shot of the shootout.

edit:  At least we were rewarded with a well earned point.

I just caught the highlights on TSN (damn them for not televising the game) and I must say it was hilarous watching Komisarek holding his own against Winchester dispite the fact that he couldn't see with his jersey up over his face. :p)

Sorry for the Oilers, but "Hooray! Another win for my Habs!" :)

Edited by Deraldin

Sundin out 3-4 weeks :( ... on the plus side, the leafs play the bruins five times in the next little stretch.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

You know Alan, the way things panned out yesterday for the Oil I almost wish I didn't remind you they were playing. Let's use some air quotes around the playing part, mmmkaay?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I know that Boston might not be the most terrifying opponents this season, but it's still nice to get a win even without our captain. And on away ice, no less!

And why can't I stop smirking about the hole the Flyers are currently in? It's like.. this is the first time ever that Forsberg is not on a winning team, surrounded by star wingers. And it shows! It's mean, but I'm quite happy to see him struggle a bit. For once :ermm:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If Vancouver actually had any cap space left and/or anyone left worth trading, I could see Forseberg being moved there.

As for the Oilers tonight. All I can say is I pray to the lord jebus we get a better effort out of them tonight than we did against Detroit.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I know that Boston might not be the most terrifying opponents this season, but it's still nice to get a win even without our captain. And on away ice, no less!

And why can't I stop smirking about the hole the Flyers are currently in? It's like.. this is the first time ever that Forsberg is not on a winning team, surrounded by star wingers. And it shows! It's mean, but I'm quite happy to see him struggle a bit. For once :x

I'm happier to see Hatcher struggle. I already said that. I'll say it again; I'm really happy to see Hatcher struggle.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Any loyal Oiler fan worth a lick of salt has a deep seeded hatred for Hatcher from the many years Edmonton squared off against Dallas in the first round of the playoffs.

Hemsky!!!! :joy:

edit:Lupul!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm listening to Ched, and it sounds like the Oilers are playing a lot better. Too bad about Carter's goal, but at least they kept them at one until the intermission. It's always scary being shorthanded 3-on-4, though, so hopefully they can ride out that storm to start the third.

The elimination game?

Anyway, yeah I agree about the opposition, but at least it'll give the team some self confidence. Hopefully they can build on that against the Blues (a game I hope to see) and come out of this road trip looking pretty decent.

The elimination game is the big red circle that says, um , elimination on it. It's on the same page as the media player from CHED.

I was a little suprised to see Lupul drop the gloves, I'll admit. Let's hope he doesn't do it too often.

And I'm really glad that Smid was allright after being victimized on that non(cough*Magoo*cough) boarding call.

I'll be working Sunday afternoon, so I won't be able to watch the game live. I fully intend to PVR it and watch it commercial free afterwards. Marty Reasoner should get a hat trick against his old team, I think.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The elimination game is the big red circle that says, um , elimination on it.  It's on the same page as the media player from CHED.

Oh, I see. I'm listening from the NHL.com link which has a different window. It's simpler to access for me since I virtually never listen to Ched outside of hockey games.

I was a little suprised to see Lupul drop the gloves, I'll admit.  Let's hope he doesn't do it too often.

I think he's been known to do it from time to time. He'll always be a better scorer than goon, though.

And I'm really glad that Smid was allright after being victimized on that non(cough*Magoo*cough) boarding call.

Svitov actually did get a 5 min major, but it wasn't cleared up until after the commercial break. Funnier still was that Patrick Thoresen got a combined 19 minutes in penalties from the ensuing scrap. :shifty: Sounded like the Oilers got ripped off when Shelley interfered on Roli and Reasoner got a non-existent hooking penalty instead, though.

Edited by Checkpoint

Sweet jesus Schmarthie is it really nearly five in the morning over there?

And I see the Flames have an early two goal lead over Anaheim. As much as I hate Calgary nothing would please me more tonight than seeing the Ducks not get a point.

Ray Ferraro mentioned that this was Lupuls' second career scrap. During the intermission he was downplaying it a fair bit in an interview. He just kept smirking because he knew he got away with an accidental high stick on the play before.

Edit: One of the things that bothers me about this seasons' version of the Oilers is that we don't have a real goon on the team. Sure, guys like Smith, Moreau, Staios, and Winchester will drop the gloves ( and I guess we can add Thorosen and Lupul to the list after tonight :ph34r: ), but seeing Jody Shelly do what he wanted to in the crease like that made me reminiscent for Big Georges for a brief second or two... :shifty:

double edit: hey Alan!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif