NHL

Darque

I'm thinking people will stop pointing to the Sharks "goalie controversy" as a problem. Nabakov shut out the Isles, and then Toskala played 57 minutes of shutout hockey, including an insane grab off of Langkow.

Dion Phaneauf has a huge frickin' jaw.

And it only took them ten attempts this game! Bravo Alex Tanguay! That should silence all of those cruel Calgary media types.

So the Flames are what, 1 for 27 now?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Ok, so the Leafs won.. in the shootout! Must be a first. Still, they got 48 shots on Auld! I am not worried, they're winning (sometimes..) and they're fighting hard. I knew they were going to have offensive problems this season, especially if Sundin fails to score, like he did tonite. But they also only allowed one goal against! That's awesome compared to last season. Unfortunately Kubina got hurt. He's already ben one of our absolutely best d-men, only Kaberle has been better.

Raycroft has looked sharp so far! I'm so used to Toronto's off-season flops that Raycroft feels like a gift from heaven. For once something seems to pay off! Of course, we're four games in, but still! He hasn't stunk up the place, quite the opposite.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just played a frustrating game in real life. We were down 1-0. The refs had already disallowed one goal of ours because of an early whistle. With 50 seconds left, I broke free and was in alone. As I put the puck in, I heard a whistle. I knew something was wrong, and when I turned around the far ref was waving off the goal. I guess our goalie headed to the bench when I started my break, and our extra skater jumped on before he reached the wall. The ref gave us a penalty and brought the puck back to center ice. I was so teed off, it's a frickin' lower divisional game with no bench coaches. They should let us play the game instead of completely changing the outcome.

We lost 2-0 after an empty net goal.

I remember playing game as a kid where the refs were intentionally stopping passes with their skates and stuff (albeit halfheartedly trying to make it look like accidents). They were deliberately helping the home team, but the pathetic thing was that I played on a team full of beginners who could barely skate. We lost every game like 17-0 anyway, so it's not like the kids on the other team needed a whole lot of help from a couple of 15-yearold refs. Stuff like that makes you wonder what some people are made of.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Auld's horseshoes almost pulled out a victory.

That must have been a frustrating game for a Leafs fan.  The highlight real is all Leafs, yet they win in the shootout.

48 shots on Auld and only one actually went in, although judging by the highlight reel, Auld has some pretty nice defenders around him. There were 3 or 4 shots that I saw on the highlights where it got past Auld, but one of the Panthers defenders managed to stop it from going in the net. :thumbsup:

Just watching this overtime period between Vancouver and Minnesota and I'm left wondering if Minnesota knows how to do anything other than just attempt a home run pass to Gaborik. They haven't seemed to do much beyond attempt the long pass despite Gaborik being covered everytime. <_<

Forget that, did you see Mikku Koivu score on the wicked backhand in the shootout? Wow.

I've expected nothing but the worst from Vancouver this season, and tonight they started to change my mind. Staying out of the box for the first two periods was pretty damn impressive IMO.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Forget that, did you see Mikku Koivu score on the wicked backhand in the shootout?  Wow.

I've expected nothing but the worst from Vancouver this season, and tonight they started to change my mind.  Staying out of the box for the first two periods was pretty damn impressive IMO.

Yes I did see everyone score in the shootout, however it hadn't arrived yet when I last posted. And Vancouver has still only given up one even strength goal. :unsure:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

My 82-0 season is ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOU RANGERS! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(:unsure::(:p:(>_<:(>_<:(>_<

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Forget that, did you see Mikku Koivu score on the wicked backhand in the shootout?  Wow.

I've expected nothing but the worst from Vancouver this season, and tonight they started to change my mind.  Staying out of the box for the first two periods was pretty damn impressive IMO.

Mikko?

Yes.

I had one of my entries in my hockey pool in second place going into tonight. The other was fourth. After Detroit raped Phoenix 9-2 tonight, I'll be lucky to hit the top ten tomorrow.

And FLorida bitchslaps Carolina 6 to 3. There is a god.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Oh baby, Nik Lidstrom with 3 assists, +3, and 2 PPP!

Only other player in action for me is JayBo, who was +1 and had 4 PIM.

I'm thinking on trading him in for Carle, a he's a dman on a much more potent offensive team.

Oh wait, Niittymaki was playing too. Solid numbers in a losing effort.

Edited by alanschu

Does San Jose really have any offensive d-men besides Carle? That was the role that Brad Stuart really excelled at last season before the Thornton trade, did he not?

And in the Sportsnet fantasy pool I'm entered in Carle is still looking like a great deal at a three rating. I'll check the Sharks scheldule and draft him accordingly. Thanks for the heads up Hurly.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Khabibulin 5.58 GAA WTF? :angry:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Does San Jose really have any offensive d-men besides Carle?  That was the role that Brad Stuart really excelled at last season before the Thornton trade, did he not?

And in the Sportsnet fantasy pool I'm entered in Carle is still looking like a great deal at a three rating.  I'll check the Sharks scheldule and draft him accordingly.  Thanks for the heads up Hurly.

Christian Erhoff also has two goals for the Sharks, and will likely have a career year. He's always shown flashes of offensive brilliance, but about halfway through last year he started playing solid D every night, and his ice time has skyrocketted.

*edit* I once saw Brad Stuart score two goals in 30 seconds. It was the last game of the season, and the Sharks were down by 2 with about 2 minutes left. The building was emptying and suddenly Stuart struck twice. They won in OT. Still, he's a bit inconsistent, but he's a great addition for Boston. His offensive moments are a bit spotty, but he's also solid on D.

Edited by Hurlshot

Thanks for the info, Hurlshot. I'd wish your team the best of luck against mine tonight, but it wouldn't really be sincere. Here's hoping nobody on either team gets injured tonight.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Thanks for the info, Hurlshot.  I'd wish your team the best of luck against mine tonight, but it wouldn't really be sincere.  Here's hoping nobody on either team gets injured tonight.

Seems like a crazy game so far. Both teams had long stretches where they dominated the other. I'm glad to see Cheechoo has finally started the season.

Damn Rangers! Lost to the pathetic Penguins!!!

Jagr had 3 points though so he's on pace for 160+ points which means my prediction of him reaching 150 points (if he stays healthy) remains on track.

And, oh, Cheechoo finally got going for San Sose with a hat trick and first goals of the season!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.