No one know's what it's like...

Every_Mn

Grief is an internal process; and it takes time to work through its stages. Whether or not death was 'expected' (as after a long illness) makes no difference. Having lost a parent, siblings, a child ... and just last month, my closest and dearest soul ... I can tell you for certain that you will have 'good' days and 'bad' days, and that it never gets any easier to handle. Plain and simple, he is a part of who you are and will become, and you will miss him always. There is no 'getting over' it, but given time, you can move past. Just do him the honor of remembering the person he was. Make your peace with the bad times--let them go--and cherish the good.

I just think it's a bit daft to discuss mourning and grief since it's very personal. Of course talking about it helps, but this is afterall Teh Internets, an altogether bad place to have discussion about anything much less a personal issue.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes, but I hardly think the Finnish should giving advice about dealing with emotions. :p

... You guys are more repressed than the British (and that's saying something!)

As Jim said, the poster may be in an isolated place, and is seeking to find words for his grief. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What the heck do you know about the Finnish? What kind of authority do you have to say we're repressed?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not to butt in on purpose here, but do you have some kind of grudge against the Finnish or something Meta? You've been quite analytical and rough about them recently, a little unprovoked possibly.

Busting stuff loose to random folks online can be easier than people you know. But all the same I have come across people saying this sort of thing just for giggles before. So it's not like you folks should be hard on people who aren't believing.

Can't really say anything more supportive than everyone else, given that I don't know you. So condolences. I find it best to deal with this sort of thing by getting nicely steamed and then smashing a bunch of wood with your fists. Of course I also have a nice collection of knuckle scars, and oncoming arthritis from doing this, so maybe it isn't very clever. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, you have my condolences too, stranger. That's pretty rough.

It's sort of absurd that you were posting this on a message board forty-five minutes after finding his corpse though, but I guess you're not the one involved with speaking with the authorities and processing his final affairs.

Edited by Nartwak

On some other forum I go to, this guy claiming to be this very unpopular and spammish poster's brother posted "my brother died of lung cancer", and we made so much fun of 'him' for pulling 'such a bad prank'.

Most of us felt like **** when it turned out to be true.

That story was tragically funny.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah. LIKE YOUR FACE!

*ahem*

I think we can all agree

IF story = true THEN SAD

IF story = untrue THEN LAME

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

On some other forum I go to, this guy claiming to be this very unpopular and spammish poster's brother posted "my brother died of lung cancer", and we made so much fun of 'him' for pulling 'such a bad prank'.

Most of us felt like **** when it turned out to be true.

That's sort of like when the dude in my sig died.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yeah. LIKE YOUR FACE!

*ahem*

I think we can all agree

IF story = true THEN SAD

IF story = untrue THEN LAME

I meant TrueNeutral's story was funny because they were all a bunch of jerks.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well I think we all share our best with any loss. And before this becomes less than welcoming or consoling, we'll just close this down.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: