This made me cry...

Deraldin

It made me cry because it's a Fallout game not being made with any of the original devs on it. Than it made me laugh because it will fail.   :)

I bet you'll buy it when it comes out though.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't dislike Bethesda.  They seem to be earnestly trying to create solid games.

This is how I feel.

The problem with Morrowind/Oblivion for me is that the games feel very superficial. Sure, there's lots of stuff to do, but when you sit down and think about them, all those tasks start to feel pointless. The games in and of themselves do little to convince you otherwise.

The problem? NPCs are lifeless. The world is empty. The story is lacking. The writing is bland. Oblivion put great efforts into improving this, but the result is ultimately the same.

How to fix the games without removing the open-endedness. The answer is pretty simple. Hire good writers. Make them work on the story and on the NPCs. Hire better designers. Make them comprehend that nonlinearity doesn't just consist of giving you two completely unrelated quests and letting you choose which one to do first. In fact, the answer is VERY simple.

What was the difference with the Fallout's, KotOR, or even Jade Empire. Even huge BG2? They all had at least semi-competent writing/stories, and they had at least a remote understanding of semi-multilinear design.

Though, it doesn't really seem that Bethesda is willing to admit they have issues on this front, so I doubt anything will be done. After all, Oblivion is their best title yet.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hire good writers.

Indeed. Have the people who wrote Oblivion now switched over to working on Fallout 3, or is there some new blood? I don't see any reason why a vast world and near-unlimited freedom should be incompatible with a good story, but the existing writers just don't seem able to pull it off.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

why a vast world and near-unlimited freedom should be incompatible with a good story

It is already proven that this should not be...; look at Freelancer

Freedom (altough not all from the beginning) and a great plot (one of the best things of the game... once it is over the game quality sinks :wacko:)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee