About the whole 'Sith eyes' thing

Hello everyone :)

We know very well that when a person goes down the path of the dark side, his eyes eventually turn yellowish in colour. However, there are a few caveats of this. We see this in a lot of scenarios:

1) Anakin/Darth Vader has Sith eyes when he is murdering the separatists on Mustafar, but not after that (until the immolation scene). Even after the immolation scene, his eyes are not the 'Sith eyes'.

2) Darth Sion does NOT have Sith eyes.

3) Darth Malak does not have Sith eyes either.

4) We see a change in the eyes of Darth Traya as compared to Kreia, but as she is physically blind I am unsure whether the eyes turning dark green is because of the Sith eye effect.

5) In both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, the player gets Sith eyes after progressing to a certain level of DS points.

6) Emperor Palpatine always has Sith eyes from the end of EP3 to the end of EP6, but has normal eyes before the fight with Windu. Physical changes are something else but the Sith eye?

7) Count Dooku does not have Sith eyes, ever.

:) Darth Maul always has Sith eyes in ep1.

9)The Dark Jedi and Sith students as well as Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban from the Sith academy do not have the Sith eyes.

So, from the above facts, we can deduce that the Sith eyes do not come just because you are a Sith. If KOTOR is correct in this, then it would appear after someone has sunk deeply to a certain level in the Dark Side. But then, this does not hold true for Anakin, who was sinking more and more in the DS every minute since the moment he killed the separatists.

Darth Sion has so much Rage in him, and he uses the DS to keep him together, certainly due to that he must have had Sith eyes? Darth Malak was an absolute villain, and even he does not have Sith eyes?

It would be well appreciated if someone could share their thoughts on this matter.

Edited by Accelerator

No such thing as "Sith eyes", this much can be observed from the statements you just made. Where there is no clear pattern, there is no relation.

True that Malak does not have "sith eyes", yet his facial features and skin tones no where resemble the typical "zombification" of the KOTOR Dark Side or resemblance to a Sith Lord. No pattern.

As for Kreia, I call her awkward eyes, "Force eyes", as she sees through the Force, yet could heal her eyes at any time. Her color change could be attributed to her proposed Force alignment.

The possible yellowish coloring of the eyes could be attributed to a strange force connection. An invidual with the eyes could possibly see things differently than someone with normal eyes. It could enhance battle performance and connection with the Force by allowing an enhancement of vision more suited to the dark side combat.

Instead of looking for similarities, look at the differences.

wookiedance.gif

:) I thought Uthar had white eyes.Kriea's eyes are like cataracts.It could be suggested that the eye change is caused through stress or blood-rage.I don't think Malak's eyes were as normal as you suggest. Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

:) I thought Uthar had white eyes.Kriea's eyes are like cataracts.It could be suggested that the eye change is caused through stress or blood-rage.I don't think Malak's eyes were as normal as you suggest.

Malaks eyes did have a slight yellow quality. But its hard to find a good head shot without a glowing lightsaber or just a well lit close up.

check it

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/mridalmn/...mMalak_1024.jpg

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

Not too sure if DS PCs in K2 have red or yellow eyes. Looked red when my portrait started turning dark purplish.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Good question. Some people believe the eyes to be the gateway to a person's Soul. Personally, I think it is quite possible "Sith eyes" are simply a manifestation of the Dark Side in correlation with the magnitude in which a Sith has become consumed by it and the individual biological repercussions of it's corruption via the Midi-chlorian.

I called it 'Sith eyes' because throughout the Star Wars movies and games, only Sith Lords have had these yellow eyes. By reading all the posts above, I would have to agree that there is no specific pattern in how these eyes appear.

Malak's an interesting thing because in the screenshots provided, it his cornea that looks yellowish, not the iris. In the PC's case in K1 and K2, its the iris that turns yellow.

Perhaps it is true that the yellow eyes represent how consumed by the DS a person is, to what extent he/she uses the DS to his/her advantage.

I also read on Wikipedia once that Darth Vader's eyes used to turn back to his normal colour from the yellow when he thought about his actions and partially regretted it (EP3).

I'm pretty much at a loss to understand this yellow eye thing.

Yeah... As I stated earlier, I think the primary source of the anomaly may be the individual's distinguishing biological reaction to the corruption of the Dark Side, which is communicated symbiotically via Midi-chlorians.

Good question. Some people believe the eyes to be the gateway to a person's Soul. Personally, I think it is quite possible "Sith eyes" are simply a manifestation of the Dark Side in correlation with the magnitude in which a Sith has become consumed by it and the individual biological repercussions of it's corruption via the Midi-chlorian.

I think you are right. Midi-chlorians probably influence eye color. The stronger you are on the dark side the more exaggerated your features are, including your eyes.

Well there is evidently a lot of changes which occur, from the transition to the Darkside, 'Zombification' for one. Skin colour, powers, traits ect. and of course eye colour.

But being a Sith, follower of the Sith, Dark force user, Dark jedi ect, doesnt necessarily mean that your eyes have to turn yellow or change at all, although many Siths have had that happen as mentioned. Kreias eyes do change, from a white to a very dark almost black colour, seen both at the end and during her exile.

By looking at the flashbacks of Malak, prior to the Mandalorian wars and Jedi Civil War, his eyes appeared to be white in colour, and when he became Sith Lord, his eyes as that picture posted above seems to be much darker and yellowish.

So the Darkside evidentlly effects many features, being the eyes for one

I think it's an artsy aesthetic thing and you guys are reading way too much into it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it's an artsy aesthetic thing and you guys are reading way too much into it.

score for mus!

also it should be pointed out that anakins eyes changed after he had finished with the seperatists or the temple (as you don't see his eyes that well in between).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Anakin, or that Hayden Christiansen (whoever the acter is) EVIDENTLY got some form of eyedrops form the makeup cast, and it ran out between the slaughter at the jedi temple, and the seperatist massacre, and the ignorant producers or whoever, didnt pick up it that the eyedrop colouring had run out

Anakin, or that Hayden Christiansen (whoever the acter is) EVIDENTLY got some form of eyedrops form the makeup cast, and it ran out between the slaughter at the jedi temple, and the seperatist massacre, and the ignorant producers or whoever, didnt pick up it that the eyedrop colouring had run out

Then how come Anakin has normal eyes for the entire duel with Obi-Wan? :-

Also, why is it that every person in the Star Wars movies or games with these yellow eyes is a Sith Lord? No Dark Jedi in KOTOR 1/2 has this yellow eyes.

Perhaps the Sith eyes only happen when a person lets the rage control his actions and moves? :huh:

I always thought it had something to do with Dark Side bloodlust or rage or something similar. Anakin has them when he is slaughtering the Separatist leaders and when he's burning up due to Obi-Wan. Darth Maul always has him, and when Sidious stops masking his tainted appearance (I'd say it had been magnified to some degree by the force lightning, but he was definately masking his true appearance) he always has them.

Some kind of explanation could be that Darth Maul and Sidious practically live and breath the dark side, they have a limitless hate and thus it shows. Dooku always striked me as calm and in control so him not having them might make sense.

Then how come Anakin has normal eyes for the entire duel with Obi-Wan? :)

Also, why is it that every person in the Star Wars movies or games with these yellow eyes is a Sith Lord? No Dark Jedi in KOTOR 1/2 has this yellow eyes.

Perhaps the Sith eyes only happen when a person lets the rage control his actions and moves? :(

Because the Makeup Directors didnt want to disturb the dispute between Ewan McGreggor and Hayden Christiansen, yes that how George Lucas got the idea of the end dual between the two, Hayden stole Ewans lunch on the set, and Ewan got angry picking up the lightsaber prop trying to whack him over the head.

Well, have you personally seen in either Kotor1 or Kotor2 a jedi, and then that exact same jedi later turned to the darkside? Besides your own character have you seen an NPC jedi going from lightside to darkside and their eyes changing? I have - Atton, Bao-Dur, Kreia and the other jedi npcs their eyes dont necissarily go red or yellow, but they do change from their original state.

And that rage theory may have some truth or relevance to it

Yeah... As I stated earlier, I think the primary source of the anomaly may be the individual's distinguishing biological reaction to the corruption of the Dark Side, which is communicated symbiotically via Midi-chlorians.

Think so too. It can be quite subjective.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think that when you bask in your rage of the darkside and completely go over the edge in anger this could happen; But if you are strong in the darkside so that you are always this way it is possible to have "sith eyes" all the time

once again pure speculation. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Then how come Anakin has normal eyes for the entire duel with Obi-Wan? :x

Perhaps the Sith eyes only happen when a person lets the rage control his actions and moves? :wub:

Because the Makeup Directors didnt want to disturb the dispute between Ewan McGreggor and Hayden Christiansen, yes that how George Lucas got the idea of the end dual between the two, Hayden stole Ewans lunch on the set, and Ewan got angry picking up the lightsaber prop trying to whack him over the head.

Well, have you personally seen in either Kotor1 or Kotor2 a jedi, and then that exact same jedi later turned to the darkside? Besides your own character have you seen an NPC jedi going from lightside to darkside and their eyes changing? I have - Atton, Bao-Dur, Kreia and the other jedi npcs their eyes dont necissarily go red or yellow, but they do change from their original state.

And that rage theory may have some truth or relevance to it

Now that I think of it, the example which you have presented of NPCs changing eye colour when turning DS, it again shows the SW lore that all people with yellow eyes are Sith Lords, since Bao-Dur, Atton, Mira etc. will only become "Dark Jedi"... :huh:

Then how come Anakin has normal eyes for the entire duel with Obi-Wan? :lol:

Perhaps the Sith eyes only happen when a person lets the rage control his actions and moves? :shifty:

The shots in movies dont happen in accordance to the movie. Some are shot before others

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?