My first 360 game

icebox15

which game should I get first  

14 members have voted

1. 1. which game should I get first

• KOTOR II
    • Dead or Alive 4

Why bother even posting that? You realised you were wrong, why not just admit it?

I was wrong? Most people I know will gladly rent a game just to try it out, regardless of whether or not they know anything about it or not. Be it through Gamefly or renting in a store. You, on the other hand, are dead set against having anyone justify the HDD. Go you... :(

I've never gone to Blockbuster and just grabbed a game and took off like I was running a relay race. Most people know something about the game they are renting.

That's nice.

Why bother even posting that? You realised you were wrong, why not just admit it?

I agree with 10k fists. He's sharing his opinion. It's not wrong. If anything, you are nitpicking his posts to win some contest. His point seems to be that it's much cheaper trying out demos over Xbox live than renting games from Blockbuster. While the comparison isn't perfect, it's not worth busting someone's balls over. Chill out.

I agree with 10k fists.  He's sharing his opinion.  It's not wrong.  If anything, you are nitpicking his posts to win some contest.  His point seems to be that it's much cheaper trying out demos over Xbox live than renting games from Blockbuster.  While the comparison isn't perfect, it's not worth busting someone's balls over.  Chill out.

I'll break whatever balls I want.

DoA 4 a superb fun at parties and the fighting is decent. If the horrible art direction and...eh physics, put you off, then too bad. It's fluid, fun and hectic as hell. I don't exactly need anything else from a fighting game.

But do get Blood Money if you can.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I agree, although isn't Sony doing the same thing?

As far as I understand, both versions of the PS3 will have a HDD.

Spliting the userbase like Microsoft did is just plain stupid. It forces everyone to develope for systems without a HDD, which is doesn't allow for better optomization for the HDD.

DUMB DUMB DUMB ... lol

First of all, I got my 360 and the game I got was K2 because of my limited spending limit. I got the Pro package that came with a month free xbox live silver service which you can't even play online with.

What does HDD stand for and what is the split userbase everyone keeps talking about?

iceman1731.jpg

First of all, I got my 360 and the game I got was K2 because of my limited spending limit.  I got the Pro package that came with a month free xbox live silver service which you can't even play online with.

What does HDD stand for and what is the split userbase everyone keeps talking about?

I don't think it came with a free month of Silver service, since Silver is always free.

HDD stands for the harddrive - the split userbase means that because Microsoft chose to release a console that came standard with a harddrive and one that didn't, the usebase is split between the two styles. This forces developers to develope for the lowest common denominator, which would be a harddrive-less console. It removes the ability to take the extra step to optimize for a harddrive since work has to be put into making sure the game works without one instead.

First of all, I got my 360 and the game I got was K2 because of my limited spending limit.  I got the Pro package that came with a month free xbox live silver service which you can't even play online with.

I don't think it came with a free month of Silver service, since Silver is always free.

HDD stands for the harddrive - the split userbase means that because Microsoft chose to release a console that came standard with a harddrive and one that didn't, the usebase is split between the two styles. This forces developers to develope for the lowest common denominator, which would be a harddrive-less console. It removes the ability to take the extra step to optimize for a harddrive since work has to be put into making sure the game works without one instead.

My bad...I meant to say one month free gold service. Of coarse I'm going to redeem afterwards though >_< SAnd the hard drive sucks. It's only 20 gig. A demo I tried to download was 1 gig. You do the math.

iceman1731.jpg

My bad...I meant to say one month free gold service.  Of coarse I'm going to redeem afterwards though >_<  SAnd the hard drive sucks. It's only 20 gig.  A demo I tried to download was 1 gig.  You do the math.

You plan on keeping demos forever? Save game files take up next to nothing, and demos are normally deleted after a while. 20 gig was plenty to launch with, but Microsoft will be releasing larger capacity HDDs in the future.

I just got a Nyko Intercooler, and now my xbox 360 is chilled out, I can even stick it in enclosed spaces no problem. Thing is now my Xbox 360 is as loud as a PC, which is kind of cool but sucky at the same time.

Yeah I'm getting one of those next paycheck (fyi tommorrow :( ). The stuff I'm going to get now for my 360 for sure are :Intercooler, play and charge kit, and redeem cards.

Stuff I'd like to get should I get enough extra moolah: Universal remote (could someone explain whats so special about it for me?), wireless network adapter (All I do is just plug in one in to broadband and the other into the 360 right?), and the live vision camera.

Also I downloaded the Hitman demo for blood money and I'm stuck trying to get past the guards after I enter the gift shop.

Help...Feedback?

iceman1731.jpg

About the demo, throw the coin out of the open window(hold the throw button for more momentum) and when they go to investigate, leg it through the door and to the teathre.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They say 20 but you only get 11.

You get 17-18 GB... There isn't 9 GB of reserved space for the OS and caching...

I currently have 12 GB left on my HDD, and I've got the Lost Planet demo, PGR 3 demo, Fight Night Round 3 demo, Gears of War trailer, Halo 3 trailer, Too Human trailer, 4 CD's worth of music, Ice Age 2 trailer (720p version), all six Superman Returns videos (720p), Chronicles of Narnia trailer (720p), and the Pirates "2" trailer (720p).

I also have save files for:

Oblivion

Top Spin

Condemned

Call of Duty

College Hoops

Tomb Raider

Perfect Dark Zero

Need for Speed

Quake 4

Madden

Full Auto

Kameo

Fight Night 3

GRAW

As well as Hexic HD and Geometry Wars for XBLA...

It really bugs me when people complain about the HDD when it appears as though they are just making stuff up. :(

Edited by 10k fists