Clerks II

Craigboy2

It looks funny, I'll probably see it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back were good. Never saw Jersey Girl. So I'll probably see it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hey Baley, Chasing Amy is a great romantic comedy.

Clerks was ok, so maybe I'll see Clerks II.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I watched Jersey Girl recently. I don't really count it as part of the Kevin Smith portfolio. You left Dogma off your list, which I consider to be the top one.

I hardly consider Kevin Smith a hollywood hack. The guy is a comic book geek who worked his tail off to get his movies out. Even if you don't like them, I find it hard to see your point of view.

Anyways, I just watched most of the original Clerks again, and I'm willing to see it. It did teach me the term "snowball".

Hey Baley, Chasing Amy is a great romantic comedy.

You're sort of right and it's sort of good. Though the presence of Ben Affleck does detract from the overall experience. Fortunately the perpetually great Jason Lee is also there. Nice little ending as well. Haven't seen in about 2 years. Though I do remember certain scenes. A high point in an otherwise menial career. That's all.

As for this flick. It just reeks of pointless remakesities.

Well, Affleck is a problem. I never really understood why Smith likes him so much. Matt Damon is much better.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

Im with Baley on this one. I think you have to be american to appreciate Kevin Smith.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No. Most of his movies are good. And, Jersey Girl is a Kevin Smith movie and is a part of his portfolio, and it's also his best movie.

And, Ben Affleck, is amazingly udnerrated. Even the crappy movies he's done are much improved by his prescence - see Surviving Christmas. Crap movie overall; but watchable because of Affleck being the great actor he is.

I will watch Clerks 2 (Clerks 1 is ok; but overrated) when it comes out on video because I don't go to the theatre. :)

P.S. To squash the bigotry, I'm not Amerikan. :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ben Affleck's acting skills are only comparable to your typing skills Volo.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

Its not that hes offensive... well, the "jay and silent bob" things are offensively bad... but the rest is quite mediocre. Not bad, but nothing that impresses.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hey, I like Kevin Smith. It's Affleck that gets on my nerves.

Heja Sverige!!

Its not that hes offensive... well, the "jay and silent bob" things are offensively bad... but the rest is quite mediocre. Not bad, but nothing that impresses.

So? Like 90% of all cinema, be it Hollywood or otherwise, is mediocre... at least by my standards. You're all just wannabe snobs :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

If you're not knowledagble in (and preferrably a fan of) American trash culture, you're probably not going to like the Kevin Smith movies as much as you should. Personally, I love all of them (the viewaskewniverse movies that is, to which Jersey Girl does not belong) and I think the first Clerks was brilliant (although not my favorite). I am definitely going to watch Clerks II and I'm most likely going to love it as well.

No. Most of his movies are good. And, Jersey Girl is a Kevin Smith movie and is a part of his portfolio, and it's also his best movie.

And, Ben Affleck, is amazingly udnerrated. Even the crappy movies he's done are much improved by his prescence - see Surviving Christmas. Crap movie overall; but watchable because of Affleck being the great actor he is.

I will watch Clerks 2 (Clerks 1 is ok; but overrated) when it comes out on video because I don't go to the theatre. :)

P.S. To squash the bigotry, I'm not Amerikan. :)

Kanadia is in Amerika. Do you need a map (no offensive)?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

"Ben Affleck's acting skills are only comparable to your typing skills Volo."

No one is that bad. No one.

"Snootchie Bootchie!!"

Someone agrees! :- Kevin Smith's movies are neato, and you don't need to be Amerikan to see that, just need good taste. :geek:

"Kanadia is in Amerika."

Not quite true. Kanada is in North Amerika. When someone says Amerika it's usually in reference to the US. Afterall, we Kanadians are referred to as Kanadians for a reason while Amerikans are referred to as Amerikans (not United Stateians). No offense taken though. You aren't the first to make that mistake.

"Between this and the NHL thread, Volologic is running full force today."

Awww... I see your trolling skills are on display, today. Attacking the poster, and not discussing the actual posts (or simply ignoring them). Tsk, tsk.

Edited by Volourn

"Kanadia is in Amerika."

Not quite true. Kanada is in North Amerika. When someone says Amerika it's usually in reference to the US. Afterall, we Kanadians are referred to as Kanadians for a reason while Amerikans are referred to as Amerikans (not United Stateians). No offense taken though. You aren't the first to make that mistake.

Yes and Kanadia is also in Amerika but you're right most people when they say Ameika they mean the United States but that's just ignorance on their part.

Kanada is a part of North Amerika. Not Amerika. It's a subtle but truthful difference. We Kanadians identify ourselves by your country; not the island we're on.

Call me a North Amerikan, and I can accept that. :)

I will NEVER be an Amerikan.

Edited by Volourn

Kanada is a part of North Amerika.  Not Amerika. It's a subtle but truthful difference. We Kanadians identify ourselves by your country; not the island we're on.

He's in denial.....

Sad really.:)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Kanada is a part of North Amerika.  Not Amerika. It's a subtle but truthful difference. We Kanadians identify ourselves by your country; not the island we're on.

Well sorry but technically you are, especially if you're claiming you're a North American. But I can see why you don't want to be an American because of that whole "Death to America!" fad going on nowadays.

EDIT:Stupid timed editting. Here's the trailer to the movie http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/clerks2/trailer2/

Edited by Craigboy2

Full Metal Jacket.

Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Kanadians, because inside every Kanadian there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.