Top Ten NES Games of All Time

I agree on Tetris, but Punchout was huge on the NES. It definitely deserves to be on the list. What the heck is Dragon Warrior 4? Anyways, these were clearly the games that made NES so popular, the early titles that made kids beg their parents for the system.

Yeah, but the gun came with the console, no? At least, that's how I got it. We even had 2 controllers at the time. The console came with a cartridge combo that had both super mario bros and duck hunt.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I remember I had a Pitfall type game on NES that on a couple of the levels used the light gun.

I remember really losing alot of great sunny days to Contra, Mega Man II and Ninja Gaiden.

Mike Tyson's punchout has to be there, its a total hipster game now days.

But I have to say my alltime favorite game on NES will always be the Tecmo Bowls. There may be no sensation so sweet as seeing your friend throw down the controller as Walter Payton runs down the field for a touchdown.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Duck Hunt was sweet. I had that, Supermario Brothers, and I think thats it from the list.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I played this one detectivey game that used the light gun when I was little.  Don't remember what it was called, I was only six. 

No Battletoads?

Wasn't Battletoads for SNES?

Nope. It came out for the NES. I remember playing it with the old square NES controllers till my thumbs could no longer bend. That damn racing section was one of the most infuriating moments in my personal gaming history. <_<

On Ninja Gaiden

Seriously surprised this didn't make it in [GameSpot's] top10. Incredibly fast paced and responsive for a side scrolling platformer. Everything was quick from your movement to your sword swipe to your jump.

Uh, no. Ninja Gaiden was considerably slower than its later iterations. The second (and especially the third) title in the series was more intuitive, had better graphics, less hap hazard level design and was much more fast paced.

On Megaman 2

EVERYONE loves this game, and everyone has a different progression of how you beat the bosses. It has the best music ever. And when you jump through a door, Megaman freezes in the air 15 years before the Matrix!

And Mario hangs in the air for several seconds when collapsing the bridge under Bowser before Megaman ever got stuck on piss poor side scrolling transitions. Your point?

I also remember almost falling off my chair when I saw the giant dragon on the first level of Wily's HQ.

Because your lead ass being too heavy to stay on the chair is actually relevant to the game. Christ. None of them even go into what's good about the game in terms of gameplay. When they do talk about it's things that have been there since day one.

If you want to make some case about the game being better than its prequel and a reasonable contender for best NES title, here's some of the things you forgot to mention:

• Password feature

• Energy Tanks

• Addition of more special items to use across the levels

• Difficulty selection

Unfortunately it was also easier than your drunk, underage sister. But hey, no game is perfect.

On Final Fantasy

The defining quality of the Final Fantasy series has always been its storyline. Featuring one of the most complex text-based stories of its time, Final Fantasy outdid the story of Dragon Quest, which featured the traditional plot of saving the Princess from the evil villain. Of course, the complexity of the story was nothing compared to later games, but the ambitious groundwork laid by the young Square.

...Yeah, the complexity. Let's just forget for a minute that both games require a princess to be saved in the first moments yet somehow Final Fantasy "outdid" Dragon Warrior, which just shows someone didn't really play the game. What's so complex about adding a secondary quest? Or more than two? Dragon Warrior had you rescue the princess, prove you were Eldrick's descendant, perform a handful of odd jobs to get cool gear or places (like finding the three guardians of Phat Loot, and create a Rainbow Bridge), and kill the Dragonlord or somesuch. Yet Final Fantasy is more complex because it has exactly the same structure but instead of keeping it short and sweet like Dragon Warrior, it wastes hours shoving players around through even more pointless errands?

If that's revolutionary you're in for trouble. Mario has you all beat again, as it requires players to keep saving Toad until you find the real Princess. There, pointless errands for you. Still, he goes one step further by having you skip pointless castles through special tubes, whereas in Final Fantasy you're forced to go somewhere out there and kill stuff to get an item/cutscene/engrish and nonsensical phrases (I think that's what was called story back then).

Where the frack is Tetris, you mooks?

At least Tetris wasn't on the list though.

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I will admit I had a lot of fun playing paperboy.