Building safer nukes

Eddo36

The safety level of this egg salad is 52.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

They aren't safe.  Period.  The safety level of a nuclear missile is zero.  You can't have one zero safer than another zero.  :)

So you'd consider an unstable nuclear warhead, that could literally go off at any time it wants to, regardless of when or where (like in the Silo), with no arming codes and no arming triggers to be just as safe as one that was perfectly stable, with zero chance of detonation outside of its target, 187 highly uncrackable arming codes, with a flawless arming trigger to be equally safe?

Both are designed to explode. Both will cause the same amount of damahe (if they are the same yield) when they do. Just because one is controlled by chance while the other is controlled by a human does not mean one is safer than the other. In most cases I would rely more on chance than human sanity.

Edited by Judge Hades

Both are designed to explode.  Both will cause the same amount of damahe (if they are the same yield) when they do.  Just because one is controlled by chance while the other is controlled by a human does not mean one is safer than the other.

So a gun without a safety (appropriately named) isn't any safer than a gun without one??

Edited by alanschu

Hahahahaha

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm guessing brakes don't make cars safer either.

A car accident is a car accident, Alan.

Strawman? We are discussing weaponry then you go to a machine that has a utility function. The purpose of a car is not to kill, but to be used as transportation. The purpose of a gun is to kill. The purpose of a nuclear missile is to kill. If anyone is pulling a strawman it is you, Alan.

Edited by Judge Hades

Brakes were an analogy to the current topic. Hence, still related to the topic.

Talking about teenagers when asked that question is a deflection. Unless you're trying to say that nukes are unsafe because of teenagers talking on the phone.