SUPERMAN RETURNS!

Calax

Jump up and down of course.  Try going hard, without even doing any tricks, for a half hour or so.  You'll be pretty tired.

Yah. try it, sometime, it's also a lot of fun. :p If you go to the gym now, you have the option of using a small blow-up foot cushion to stand on and provide an unstable platform. Why? So that your trunk (core muscles, including the abdominals) have to work hard to steady the body whilst you lift the weight. Charles Atlas noticed that the wild animals, e.g. lions and tigers, never needed to lift weights to keep strong. So he identified that they were performing similar isometric-type exercise (made famous since by various people reporting on the Shaolin monks exercise regime, too).

And it helped a lot that it was an in-ground trampoline, so I could learn all sorts of tricks, like backward somersaults ... I remember the only other guy that wa near to my skill level had started a "challenge" when I got to school one morning, whereby he had treid to set a record of how many somersaults he could do in a row without pause.

Very silly idea, in retrospect. But I managed to beat his total of about 24, I think.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Pffft....2.5 hours is nothing.

That depends highly on the movie.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I haven't walked out of many theaters either. But there a lot of movies I would have rated higher if they'd been edited down by 20 minutes or so. Sometimes less is more. Much as I enjoyed it, even the '78 Superman I think was a bit too long. >_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So we should be using spoiler tags for a little while in here then after tomorrow? Just in case, you know, somebody accidentally clicks this thread before seeing the movie?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I haven't walked out of many theaters either. But there a lot of movies I would have rated higher if they'd been edited down by 20 minutes or so. Sometimes less is more. Much as I enjoyed it, even the '78 Superman I think was a bit too long. :)

Fair enough. Da Vinci Code was a good one. I actually didn't mind the movie, but it definitely dragged on.

just saw it... um wow.

they had alot of comic book imagry in there, and when he hits the ground moving at mach 2 he actually makes a fairly good sized crater.

altho he doesn't exactly have that trademark friction aura that you see on anything else on reentry into the atomosphere.

Very very good movie. a few things didn't quite add up between this and number 2 but, eh, that's the way the world works.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Not as good as Batman Begins, not as bad as X Men 1, and certainly no Spider Man 2.

Overall an enjoyable movie that pays homage to the original. Routh did a good job of channelling Reeve but failed to make the character his own.

Two and a half stars out of four. :-

Spacy was good as luthor... not as over the top as hackman, but had enough insanity inherent in the character to make a good luthor.

The thing is I don't like the Hackman Luthor or the Spacey Luthor at all. Sure Luthor is a psychotic but he is more of the cold calculating type who has patience to allow his more elaborate schemes to come fully into form. So far of all the various Luthors I like the Lex Luthor on Smallville the best.

The thing is I don't like the Hackman Luthor or the Spacey Luthor at all.  Sure Luthor is a psychotic but he is more of the cold calculating type who has patience to allow his more elaborate schemes to come fully into form.  So far of all the various Luthors I like the Lex Luthor on Smallville the best.

he spend four years getting to the point he was at... I'd call that patience.

A friend tells me Spacey is one of the best things in it. Guess I'll have to go pay my $10 to see it once the crowds slim down. I hate crowds.

I'm somewhat of the same mind about Luther as Hades - he should be a little less comically insane. On the other hand, I still enjoy the various versions of Luther performance-wise because they make me laugh, and I like to giggle.

I thought the show had flashes of brilliance sparkled with a few touches of meh. Visually this is the best Superman film, easily. Plot wise it wasn't all that and a bag of chips, I thought. I'll see it again, naturally, but won't hold back the urge to go to the bathroom this time.

And since Hades gave it a rating, so will I:

Seven Flash Gordons out of Ten Buck Rodgers.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

best scene in the entire film is the jet disaster.. the movie needed much more of that.

After that scene it seemed like forever until we saw Supes in costume again. Plus that whole bullet-in-the-eye scene was pretty well done too.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Pffft....2.5 hours is nothing.

That depends highly on the movie.

Fair enough.

EDIT: Outside of Pearl Harbour, I can't think of many long movies that have sucked ass to the point where I stop watching though.

Two words: Peter Jackson.

*runs out of the thread before seeing any spoilers*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT