BREAKING NEWS - OBLIVION PATCH RELEASED

So I go to play the game, starts up fine. I click on new game *loading* *loading* *crash*. So I try it again -- and again it crashes. I unload all my mods.. still crashes. 6-6-6 has struck :lol:.

At least I'll end up doing my homework now.

Edited by LostStraw

Seems to work fine...

Only difference I noticed was a reset in my controls-setup... and the sound seems to be worse than it used to be before... that's it...

Edit; but I am still screwed if a new patch turns up or I wan't to re-install  :lol:

Define "reinstall."

Define "reinstall."

Uninstall, then install...

Needs some deep manual register-cleaning if I ever want to do that...

(If SS is watching where does Oblivion puts all his junk?)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Patch installed in appr. 5 minutes (or less, it wasn't very long at least, I just went to the bathroom and it was done when I got back). Game runs fine without problems (well, without any NEW problems, I still get weird graphics glitches with my Nvidia 7800.. mostly flickering textures).

What is it that you guys do that gives you so many problems with this game?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wonder if something was pooched from the get go.

Maybe. The game hardlocked my PC when I refused to read the readme after installation. Maybe Oblivion hates me for that? :thumbsup:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

But I already read it before installing.

First time EVER that I had an installationprogram crash on me (and I used ME)...

^

Meh, not enough to make me bother. Actually, the game holds no lure after finishing it first time (every damn dungeon and quest I ever found, yes)... so meh, must be just me.

Is there a significatn performance boost?

But I already read it before installing.

First time EVER that I had an installationprogram crash on me (and I used ME)...

There is an issue in the installer that if you ended the installation process before it closed itself out, you cannot uninstall it. Not sure if there is a fix for it or not. I'll ask.

Something like 100 or so users reported that they couldn't uninstall, and the only commonality was that their installers seemed to hang during the installation, and they ended the process manually, had you let it sit for a few minutes it would have corrected itself. It didn't crash, you closed it.

I know, because back when I was doing production testing they asked me to look into what might be causing it and now I have a copy of Oblivion installed at home which I cannot uninstall, at the moment.

Ohno! When I installed Oblivion, the installer stopped responding for me too. I closed it down after waiting for a minute or so. I haven't tried uninstalling it yet though.

Same thing happened when I installed the game on my cousins new computer. Damn.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Installed the patch with no problems. Took about 30 seconds. Everything is running fine. It was running fine before, too. My install is completely unmodded, however. Also my pc has no junk installed on it either. So.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ohno! When I installed Oblivion, the installer stopped responding for me too. I closed it down after waiting for a minute or so. I haven't tried uninstalling it yet though.

Same thing happened when I installed the game on my cousins new computer. Damn.

It's a strange issue related to direct X and not really anything on our end. You can uninstall by deleting all the Oblivion stuff and cleaning your registry.

Still looking into it, as far as I know.

It didn't crash on me during the install. It crashed when I said "no" to the question if I wanted to read the readme...

And I am fine with clearing the registry stuff... just point out where Oblivion made the keys...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

HKEY_Local_Machine/Software/Bethesda Softworks

HKEY_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/

Should be sufficient.

It didn't crash on me during the install. It crashed when I said "no" to the question if I wanted to read the readme...

Mine's done the same, the first and second times I installed it. The third time, I waited about five minutes and it closed by itself. Disconcerting nonetheless, and not what you want when you're installing a new game and are on tenterhooks as to whether it will run at all.

Now for the patch... :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)