I too need a new RPG

Oblivion is surprisingly bugfree, considering the scope of the game. That doesn't mean it's completely free from bugs, as there are a bunch of them in the game, but the game doesn't crash very often and I have so far never corrupted a save. Those are the most important aspects for me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The only major problem with oblivion on the 360 is that the framerate is very unstable. Sometimes it can literally grind to a halt for a couple of seconds. Other than that the game is pretty stable and relatively bug free.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

JE also rules over NWN? :huh:

but I don't know if that is a fair question. NWNs is all about amateur content and multiplayer (moreso than the official single-player campaign).

for the record, I have never played NWNs and probably never will since NWNs2 is on the horizon....I do hope to check out NWNs2, however.

those of us who liked the intense, back-and-forth dialogue of KOTOR 2 are in for a treat with NWNs2.

The different styles [in JE] are so unique that it does feel like you are using different weapons.

No.

That was real informative. Good job, you win teh internet.

I've made my views on JE clear in many threads that mention it, but if you would prefer, I shall elaborate on my problems with the fighting styles. The various so-called "styles" in Jade Empire are so similar as to almost entirely negate the point of gaining them. Each has only 3-4 moves, many animations of which appear almost identical between the pure martial arts styles. Granted, the various trickster and transformation styles give a little variety but not enough to save the supposed strategic combat of the game. Any immunities or resistances are in most cases so easily overcome as to make killing them with any style simplistic, especially when the transformation styles are so heavily overpowered. And no, I did not use them, because they made an easy game utterly boring.

And dont even get me started on the entirely formulaic and predictable storyline filled with stock characters and pretty much every applicable literary cliche I could name.

It may have been one of the better games of the last few years, but that speaks more to the lack of good games than JE's quality.

JE rules all. Those who don't like JE shouldn't be playing games. Period.

You are, as always, entitled to your own opinion, Volourn, deluded as it may be.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Try the Gothic series. Works on whatever PC you may have, since it's "so old".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nah, it doesn't.

You, on the other hand, do. In fact, this was the second time I unignored you this month, just an idle curiosity I guess, since you happened to post after me. And what did I find? Stupidity and the Visc tag-emoticon. Go eat a c0ck or grow the heck up. The world has better things to do than read your drivel and attention-whoring.

Which is why I'm going to re-ignore you. Ta ta.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Gothic 2 was very pretty, and certainly had its moments. There were lots and lots of very tricky orcs to kill, at a time when I could just about beat an orc one-on-one, but they usually appeared in groups. Took a long time to get past them, but it was very satisfying.

On the other hand, I can't even remember the ending, although I did get there, so that doesn't say a whole lot for the story. It's worth a look, particularly since it's probably quite cheap by now and if you really like it, Gothic 3 is coming up soon to give even more satisfaction. :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah, the story is not that good. Never was one of the high points of the Gothics. Ambience, action, interaction with the world and just plain adventuring with good rewards(I'm looking at you Morrowind) were the stuff that kept me hooked.

kirottu said:

My problems with Gothic 2 is numerous. One being that the controls of the game sucked big time and not at all intuitive, Secondly the game had no character creation aspects to it at all. Third the voice acting was quite bad and combat was the worse.

Agreed, I like the art style already, although they could be a bit more, I dunno, gruesome with the orcs. They look like an established culture now. Which might be the intention, but since the orcs have had roles from being plain monsters and power-mad cultists to missunderstood noble warriors, I'm not so sure.

What I'm most interested in is the desert region.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said: