NWN2 May Get new Publisher

Evil inside.

That'd make a good sig for someone. :(

Other than you?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Evil inside.

I used to have a badge that said that...

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

evilinside7ys.gif

CURSES!!!

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

EA ... it's in the game!

Won't that be "Challenge everything"? I thought "It's in the game" was only for EA sports.

Anyway... NWN changing publisher, Shiny getting sold, a publisher on it's way to fall flat due to lack of money. Where have I seen this before?

EA ... it's in the game!

Won't that be "Challenge everything"? I thought "It's in the game" was only for EA sports.

Anyway... NWN changing publisher, Shiny getting sold, a publisher on it's way to fall flat due to lack of money. Where have I seen this before?

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

All I'm waiting for now is for Atari to announce BG:DA 3 complete with thongs and everything. I'm beting they're real upset they don't have the FO license so they could do FOBOS 2 instead. After all, that strategy worked so well for Interplay, why not copy it as well...

...I's still waitin' fer Grommy ta blame this one on Unca Feargie... :(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

The following is based on the limited information I've been given. I could be quite wrong in some details, but am pretty sure the basic idea is right. So...

I just want to point out, if it hasn't been said yet, that Atari is connected to Infogrames, which is owned by Hasbro, which also owns Wizards of the Coast. This means that Atari has recieved all rights in producting all D&D games.

IF Atari goes bust, then the licence would just go back to Infogrames.

And I'm sure NWN2 will be released before Atari could go bust anyway. The main worry I'd be having is how much support there will be after the game launches. If the funding disapears from Atari to Obsidian, then I'm not sure who'd be paying for any unreleased material (patches, features like the DM client, and the like).

Yup. You are pretty much dead on.... :)

P.S. Remember, Infogrames could always find someone else to publish it even if Atari were to go bust which is what the article suggests...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

P.S. Remember, Infogrames could always find someone else to publish it even if Atari were to go bust which is what the article suggests...

If Atari is going down the best thing for NWN2 is to get a new publisher before release. I would hate to see Obsidian getting screwed on royalties from the game. Hopefully they can release NWN2 with a publisher, who has cash, and will support the game from the start and into the following years.

btw, wow, this is big news!

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"I thought Infogrammes was Atari. Same company, different name."

Infogrames is 'just' the majority stakeholder of Atari. They have 51% to be exact which is why the have ultimate power.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...483222&forum=95

Here's what PR dawg maverickshane has to say about CC

As many of you know there has been a considerable amount of discussion regarding the future of custom content for NWN2. We know there have been questions as to if, and how we will be supporting the custom content teams for NWN2. Truthfully, it is still a work in progress. But our goal is to support it as much as possible. We would not have lobbied to get the custom content teams there own listing on NWN2.com if there were no plans to bring their experience and talent with us into the future on NWN2.

As with the Persistent World sub-section of the community, Obsidian has special plans for some in-depth expanded communication and support for those custom content teams that wish to create content for NWN2. If you are part of a custom content team and are interested in participating in this unique opportunity please send an email to nwn2@maverickpr.net with the subject line reading

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Sounds good; but it's best to wait until the Atari situation sorts itself out espicially since that's kinda out of even obsidian's hand.

I don't think many doubt Obsidian's intentions. I don't; but Atari's standing is on one leg currently.

I'll wait 'til nNW2 comes out, enjoy the OC, and go from there. :)

"I thought Infogrammes was Atari. Same company, different name."

Infogrames is 'just' the majority stakeholder of Atari. They have 51% to be exact which is why the have ultimate power.

Infogrammes is just a holding company now. Meaning they exist for little more than to own Atari stock.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg