Revan vs Palaptine!

I see Palaptine being overrated alot. He is no match for an ancient Sith Lord. He may have been around for 4,000 years but he would of been a mere child in the times of KOTOR. He couldn't or learned all that knowledge. Revan was a true sith Lord. Revan was power and he was like staring into the heart of the force. Many people would claim it just to be a video game but the video games story did HAPPEN like it or not. Storywise Revan could destroy many anicient Jedi and Sith with ease who possesed knowledge that the Jedi of the new order didn't have. Also for all those who claim Palpatine can do the same thing in a video game than why didn't he. He was in lots of video games. Palaptine had to minipulate people and hide his identity to survive. People make it sound as if Palpatine could of just stormed into the Jedi counsil and killed everyone but he killed very few Jedi. It was his army and slaves that did so. Revans potential was unlimited and he could learn very fast. While Palpatine was just a mere infant Revan would of been searching korrriban, and Malachar 5 and learning it's secrets.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

A) Malachor is spelled wrong in your post...

B) Palpitine didn't live for 4000 years... only Kun can make that claim and he was in spirit form.

C)Revan was a child compared to the amount of power wielded by the hyperspace war and Sith war era Lords.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Mesa gonna killa yousa!

Bow down to Gungan Jedi!

... *lights fuse attached to thread*

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Lets see.....

Darth Revan:

Immensely skilled with lightsaber (canonically anyway)

Great strategist

Manipulative ("War of conversion", remember?)

Don't know about force powers b'coz we don't really see him use many, but I assume he is almost as strong as Jedi Revan

Less of a War Veteran than Jedi Revan (b'coz he was still fighting wars at this time)

Jedi Revan (KOTOR 1 era):

Immensely skilled with Lightsaber

Immense skill with the force

Still a great strategist

War Veteran

Darth Sidious:

Moderately skilled with Lightsaber

Good planner

Manipulative

Is able to bolster the wills of others and corrupt (counter of Battle Meditation)

The matter of fact is that Revan had a certain amount of dedication as well as determination in his work that Sidious did not. Sidious would sit in his throne room most of the time, having Vader and the stormtroopers do most of the work.

Revan would himself go to do his missions alongside his armada.

The EU says that Palpatine used to bolster the wills of others (and if you play the games, he literally saps the life out of infantry he faces in combat). This would be a major reason (along with Vader) for the Empire's success in conquering worlds.

As far as we know, Revan NEVER used either Battle Meditation or Bolstered the wills of his adverseries during the time after the Mandalorian Wars (Before his mind was wiped by the Jedi). He was a true leader.

Also, Palpatine is old, Revan is young. Makes all the difference in the world.

Therefore, I say that Revan would win over Palpatine any day. I am not saying that it will be an easy victory for Revan, but yes, he'd win.

Edited by Accelerator

Lets see.....

Darth Revan:

Used a lightsaber ("canonically" anyway)

Strategist - haven't seen any evidence of his great strategy, besides not being there when the MSG devoured Malachor. Beating on the Republic and causing problems doesn't equate to great strategy. But I'll take Mandalore's word for it (though his compliments were probably fueled by pride at losing to the Jedi).

Manipulative ("War of conversion", remember?) Not a great positive, in fact it reflects more towards the air brained Jedi who followed him, rather than Revan himself, as it doesn't prove anything when you are able to convert someone who lacks vision.

Jedi Revan (KOTOR 1 era):

Uses a Lightsaber

Uses the force: relatively powerful.

Not a strategist - unless I missed some juncture in the game where he highlighted his great strategy.

War Veteran

Darth Sidious:

Skilled with a Lightsaber

Good Strategist - taking over the Republic and converting it into an Empire isn't something to be taken for granted.

Manipulative

Is able to bolster the wills of others and corrupt.

Used his mind more than his might.

Uses his deep knowledge of the force to bolster his Empire for 20+ years.

An intelligent leader and an efficient administrator.

Also, Palpatine is old, Revan is young but it makes no difference in the SW world.

Palpy owns Mr. Revan, plus that cackling laughter makes him a 1oo times cooler than the silent non-distinct Revan.

Edited by Darth Blivion

again with the...

'uber noober vs 1337 at being a noob, noob'

it seems every week one of these 'vs' topics are set up :)

who acctually cares, its not like they are going to fight :blink:

Guest The Architect
I swear, sometimes I wish that KotOR3 has a scene where Revan is beaten by a gungan scoundrel and Exile by two gizka just to prove that it's the writers who decide the powerlevels and not some bloody stats...  <_<

:blink: I couldn't have said it better Master Jediphile. :cool:

Guest The Architect
I see Palaptine being overrated alot. He is no match for an ancient Sith Lord. He may have been around for 4,000 years but he would of been a mere child in the times of KOTOR. He couldn't or learned all that knowledge. Revan was a true sith Lord. Revan was power and he was like staring into the heart of the force. Many people would claim it just to be a video game but the video games story did HAPPEN like it or not. Storywise Revan could destroy many anicient Jedi and Sith with ease who possesed knowledge that the Jedi of the new order didn't have. Also for all those who claim Palpatine can do the same thing in a video game than why didn't he. He was in lots of video games. Palaptine had to minipulate people and hide his identity to survive. People make it sound as if Palpatine could of just stormed into the Jedi counsil and killed everyone but he killed very few Jedi. It was his army and slaves that did so. Revans potential was unlimited and he could learn very fast. While Palpatine was just a mere infant Revan would of been searching korrriban, and Malachar 5 and learning it's secrets.

Ah, maybe because two Sith, a Master and an Apprentice, going up against thousands of Jedi is a bit silly, don't ya think? Yeah good luck coming out in the open and taking on the whole entire Jedi Order, yeah, that's real smart isn't it?

Ask yourself this, what would Revan do if he/she was in Palpatine's position? And please don't be a **** and say something like 'Oh, Revan is like uber-powerful and cool and he/she would come out in the open as a Sith Lord and destroy the Jedi Order all by himself/herself' because I've got news for ya, if Revan did that, he/she would be as good as dead, that is NOT debatable.

Palpatine was smart, he would have been an idiot had he come out in the open, expose himself as the Dark Lord of the Sith and try to take on the whole entire Jedi Order, he would have got his ass kicked had he done that.

Besides, how do you know that if you put Palpatine in Revan's place all that time ago that he couldn't do what Revan did? Palpatine would have fought in the open back in Revan's time, because unlike in his era where there were only two Sith, there were thousands of Sith back in Revan's time.

Also, if Revan were in Palpatine's position, knowing Revan's so called ultra-mega genius thinking, he/she would have pretty much exactly what Palpatine did...

Edited by The Architect

Palpatine was smart, he would have been an idiot had he come out in the open, expose himself as the Dark Lord of the Sith and try to take on the whole entire Jedi Order, he would have got his ass kicked had he done that.

haha yeah

*palpatine to jedi*

"Hey im Darth Sidious, you guys know me as chancellor Palpatine, and im here to kill you all! :p "

Ah, maybe because two Sith, a Master and an Apprentice, going up against thousands of Jedi is a bit silly, don't ya think? Yeah good luck coming out in the open and taking on the whole entire Jedi Order, yeah, that's real smart isn't it?

Ask yourself this, what would Revan do if he/she was in Palpatine's position? And please don't be a **** and say something like 'Oh, Revan is like uber-powerful and cool and he/she would come out in the open as a Sith Lord and destroy the Jedi Order all by himself/herself' because I've got news for ya, if Revan did that, he/she would be as good as dead, that is NOT debatable.

Besides, how do you know that if you put Palpatine in Revan's place all that time ago that he couldn't do what Revan did? Palpatine would have fought in the open back in Revan's time, because unlike in his era where there were only two Sith, there were thousands of Sith back in Revan's time.

Also, if Revan were in Palpatine's position, knowing Revan's so called ultra-mega genius thinking, he/she would have pretty much exactly what Palpatine did...

This disgust me. It's not like Palpatine charged in and single handidy killed the jedi. He relied of OTHERS power to DO SO. He killed very few jedi. It was his plot to control the clone army and Anakin that gave him his power. He is no match for an ancient Sith Lord that would teach him a thing or two about the force.

Revan would convert the majority of the Jedi to fight for him if he was in Palpatines situation. I doubt theres few Sith or force sensitives for that matter that could single handidly charge in the Jedi temple and kill everyone. Never the less one on one Revan would win against Palpatine. He managed to race through the star forge and kill hundreds of sith and dark Jedi and he beat Malak who was continually absorbing energy from otehr Jedi basically giving him extra lives in a fight. Revan could take out the Jedi order though. He would have many more slaves then Palpatine. THAT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE. Revan can comeu p with an army of his own in nearly any situation. Look at all the jedi who followed him. Look how he created his army.

Yes because he is not all powerful. Revan would teach him the menaing of power though.

Not thousands of TRUE sith though.

Revan would own palpatine.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Look, JADEN KORR defeated

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect
This disgust me. It's not like Palpatine charged in and single handidy killed the jedi. He relied of OTHERS power to DO SO. He killed very few jedi. It was his plot to control the clone army and Anakin that gave him his power. He is no match for an ancient Sith Lord that would teach him a thing or two about the force.

I never said that Palpatine charged in and single handidly killed the Jedi did I? I said he would have been an idiot to do so. Also, your claim that Palpatine is no match for an Ancient Sith Lord is nothing but a myth not supported by facts, you CANNOT compare two force-users from completely different timelines, end of story. I'm not saying Palpatine would beat Revan but I'm also not saying that Revan would beat Palpatine, I don't know who'd win and to be honest I don't really care, who gives a ****?

Revan would convert the majority of the Jedi to fight for him if he was in Palpatines situation. I doubt theres few Sith or force sensitives for that matter that could single handidly charge in the Jedi temple and kill everyone. Never the less one on one Revan would win against Palpatine. He managed to race through the star forge and kill hundreds of sith and dark Jedi and he beat Malak who was continually absorbing energy from otehr Jedi basically giving him extra lives in a fight. Revan could take out the Jedi order though. He would have many more slaves then Palpatine. THAT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE. Revan can comeu p with an army of his own in nearly any situation. Look at all the jedi who followed him. Look how he created his army.

How would Revan be able to convert the majority of the Jedi to fight for him/her during the movie era? Explain. Revan used the Mandalorian Wars, Malachor V and the Star Forge to convert many Jedi to his/her cause but in the movie era, Revan wouldn't have any of that, what could Revan do or use to convert Jedi during the movies era?

By the way, in a VIDEO GAME, sure, Revan could of killed hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi and do all that stuff you mentioned but STORYWISE it's impossible to take on hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi, for goodness sake, it's JUST A VIDEO GAME! IT'S AN RPG! The Star Forge level would be pretty boring if you only fight accouple of Sith and Dark Jedi on the Star Forge and that's it.

But go on, come back at me and say "Revan killed hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi in the STORY", have you ever played Battlefront II? You can go Palpatine and kill lots of Jedi, but it's JUST A VIDEO GAME! Storywise, Palpatine did not do that, like you've said, he only killed a few Jedi. Storywise, Revan could only have killed all those Sith and Dark Jedi only because THE AUTHOR DECIDES WHAT HAPPENS not stats and power-levels. There is a difference between GAMEPLAY AND STORYLINE, put it this way, in the VIDEO GAME, Revan could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith all by himself/herself but if you made KOTOR into a movie Revan would only fight and kill a handful of Dark Jedi and Sith and you have to be a bit more realistic when you make a movie, don't be a naieve idiot and assume some force-user could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith all by himself/herself, it's un-realistic and not possible (excluding Darth Nihilus) yeah sure in a VIDEO GAME you could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith, there are no boundaries as to what you can do in a VIDEO GAME.

Tell me why Palpatine wouldn't be able to go on the Star Forge, take on and kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith. If you put Palpatine into the KOTOR VIDEO GAME and the outcome that is decided by the AUTHOR is that Palpatine kills Malak, then IN THE VIDEO GAME, Palpatine would be able to kill thousands of Dark Jedi and Sith. Don't you understand what I'm getting at?

Yes because he is not all powerful. Revan would teach him the menaing of power though.

Why, because Revan did all this ultra-cool UNREALISTIC video game bantha fodder BS and has all these super powers designed ONLY FOR THE VIDEO GAME and Palpatine didn't? And why didn't Palpatine do what Revan did when he was in video games? Are you serious? If so, that is one stupid question, as Jediphile said, it's the AUTHOR that decides the power-levels and fates of characters in the SW Universe, NOT some bloody stats.

You keep telling yourself that, you cannot compare a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER to a MOVIE CHARACTER you idiot. Besides, they are from completely different timelines :lol:

Edited by The Architect

Now, now, insulting people isn't exactlythe way to make a good conversation. Sure, in a game you could kill alot of enemies, deflect every single blaster bolt in your vision. The only a bit realistic Jedi game I have seen so far was I think the first one called Dark Forces Jedi Knight. It didn't allow you to automatically deflect a blaster bolt. It was a first person action game. The world didn't slow down around you when you accalerated to Force Speed. And you faced (with the exception of Gorc and Pic I believe they were called) 1 Dark Jedi each time. In the end you could kill the boss of the 7 Dark Jedi, Jerec.

Anyone remember?

I also thought quiet often that say the Ebon Hawk crew (doesn't really matter if it's Kotor I or II) could quiet easily overcome the droid assault on Geonosis don't you think.

Imagine:

Revan / Bastila / Juhani / Jolee all used Destroy droid against the army of battle droids. Canderous / Carth / Mission / HK-47 used Baragwin Ion-X guns or something against them while Zaalbar used his Bacca Ceremonial sword and T3-M4 used Ion blasters and Shield disruptors.

Does the Kotor I crew need extraction from the clone army?

I don't think so.

Revan after the battle: "Hey Dooku, you want to do battle now. Thanks for the excercise."

Revan thinks: "I need to level up, what am I now? Level 88?" :thumbsup:

More realistic: "4 Droideka's are no match for Revan!"

Master Vandar lives!

Revan wouldn't show up due to being dead, therefore Palpatine would win by default.

Or Palpatine's great >(insert multiplyer)< grand parents wouldnt have been born, so Revan could have killed them, thus winning by default :devil: he would have been default anyway, unless Mr Lucas introduces time travel in Star Wars :p

I never said that Palpatine charged in and single handidly killed the Jedi did I? I said he would have been an idiot to do so. Also, your claim that Palpatine is no match for an Ancient Sith Lord is nothing but a myth not supported by facts, you CANNOT compare two force-users from completely different timelines, end of story. I'm not saying Palpatine would beat Revan but I'm also not saying that Revan would beat Palpatine, I don't know who'd win and to be honest I don't really care, who gives a ****?

How would Revan be able to convert the majority of the Jedi to fight for him/her during the movie era? Explain. Revan used the Mandalorian Wars, Malachor V and the Star Forge to convert many Jedi to his/her cause but in the movie era, Revan wouldn't have any of that, what could Revan do or use to convert Jedi during the movies era?

By the way, in a VIDEO GAME, sure, Revan could of killed hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi and do all that stuff you mentioned but STORYWISE it's impossible to take on hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi, for goodness sake, it's JUST A VIDEO GAME! IT'S AN RPG! The Star Forge level would be pretty boring if you only fight accouple of Sith and Dark Jedi on the Star Forge and that's it.

But go on, come back at me and say "Revan killed hundreds of Sith and Dark Jedi in the STORY", have you ever played Battlefront II? You can go Palpatine and kill lots of Jedi, but it's JUST A VIDEO GAME! Storywise, Palpatine did not do that, like you've said, he only killed a few Jedi. Storywise, Revan could only have killed all those Sith and Dark Jedi only because THE AUTHOR DECIDES WHAT HAPPENS not stats and power-levels. There is a difference between GAMEPLAY AND STORYLINE, put it this way, in the VIDEO GAME, Revan could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith all by himself/herself but if you made KOTOR into a movie Revan would only fight and kill a handful of Dark Jedi and Sith and you have to be a bit more realistic when you make a movie, don't be a naieve idiot and assume some force-user could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith all by himself/herself, it's un-realistic and not possible (excluding Darth Nihilus) yeah sure in a VIDEO GAME you could kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith, there are no boundaries as to what you can do in a VIDEO GAME.

Tell me why Palpatine wouldn't be able to go on the Star Forge, take on and kill hundreds of Dark Jedi and Sith. If you put Palpatine into the KOTOR VIDEO GAME and the outcome that is decided by the AUTHOR is that Palpatine kills Malak, then IN THE VIDEO GAME, Palpatine would be able to kill thousands of Dark Jedi and Sith. Don't you understand what I'm getting at?

Why, because Revan did all this ultra-cool UNREALISTIC video game bantha fodder BS and has all these super powers designed ONLY FOR THE VIDEO GAME and Palpatine didn't? And why didn't Palpatine do what Revan did when he was in video games? Are you serious? If so, that is one stupid question, as Jediphile said, it's the AUTHOR that decides the power-levels and fates of characters in the SW Universe, NOT some bloody stats.

You keep telling yourself that, you cannot compare a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER to a MOVIE CHARACTER you idiot. Besides, they are from completely different timelines :lol:

Video game or NO video game there is a STORY in the game that DID happen and COUNTS you dumbass. Ancient Sith Lords who could make lightning storms would BEAT palaptine. EVERYTHING about Star Wars is unrealistic so don't hand me that ****. Revan was power and was like staring into the heart of the force. What's Palaptine gonna do. The most he can do is try to get one of his bitchs to save him because he NEEDS others to fight. Revan could actually fight. He beat Malak who on his own could kill many jedi. The onl;y reason Revan was defeated was because his own ship was attacked.

- Xard

Video game or NO video game there is a STORY in the game that DID happen and COUNTS you dumbass. Ancient Sith Lords who could make lightning storms would BEAT palaptine. EVERYTHING about Star Wars is unrealistic so don't hand me that ****. Revan was power and was like staring into the heart of the force. What's Palaptine gonna do. The most he can do is try to get one of his bitchs to save him because he NEEDS others to fight. Revan could actually fight. He beat Malak who on his own could kill many jedi. The onl;y reason Revan was defeated was because his own ship was attacked.

and palpatine could creat storms that would eat entire fleets... He also beat Luke in a strait up saber fight. and Palpy killed three of the better jedi when they came to arrest him.

Also you could say that the only reason palpatine was defeated was becasue he was distracted while controling EVERY SINGLE ONE of his troopers during Endor.

(first two were from Dark Empire #'s 1 and 2 then ROTS then from the Thrawn Trilogy)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Actually luke beat him in the saber duel and Yoda was easily just as skilled with the saber as Palps. Palps needed to keep his distance from Yoda. True he made huge lightning storms which were impresive but I remeber him having some sort of crystal in the books that GREATLY increased his power. Bottom line is Revan would win for learning the forces deepest secrets and rising to power with an entire army very quickly.

- Xard