Iran, again

Ellester

This was taken from a authors forum I visit, I tried to locate a link on the bbc and couldn't find one. But I assume this is true, as it was posted in all seriousness.

Jews to wear badges IDing them in public in Iran, just like in Nazi Germany

Posted by *removed* on 5/19/2006, 9:35 am

Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims.

"This is reminiscent of the Holocaust," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, the dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. "Iran is moving closer and closer to the ideology of the Nazis."

Iranian expatriates living in Canada yesterday confirmed reports that the Iranian parliament, called the Islamic Majlis, passed a law this week setting a dress code for all Iranians, requiring them to wear almost identical "standard Islamic garments."

The law, which must still be approved by Iran's "Supreme Guide" Ali Khamenehi before being put into effect, also establishes special insignia to be worn by non-Muslims.

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

"There's no reason to believe they won't pass this," said Rabbi Hier. "It will certainly pass unless there's some sort of international outcry over this."

Bernie Farber, the chief executive of the Canadian Jewish Congress, said he was "stunned" by the measure. "We thought this had gone the way of the dodo bird, but clearly in Iran everything old and bad is new again," he said. "It's state-sponsored religious discrimination."

Ali Behroozian, an Iranian exile living in Toronto, said the law could come into force as early as next year.

It would make religious minorities immediately identifiable and allow Muslims to avoid contact with non-Muslims.

Mr. Behroozian said it will make life even more difficult for Iran's small pockets of Jewish, Christian and other religious minorities -- the country is overwhelmingly Shi'ite Muslim. "They have all been persecuted for a while, but these new dress rules are going to make things worse for them," he said.

The new law was drafted two years ago, but was stuck in the Iranian parliament until recently when it was revived at the behest of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

A spokesman for the Iranian Embassy in Ottawa refused to comment on the measures. "This is nothing to do with anything here," said a press secretary who identified himself as Mr. Gharmani.

"We are not here to answer such questions."

The Simon Wiesenthal Centre has written to Kofi Annan, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, protesting the Iranian law and calling on the international community to bring pressure on Iran to drop the measure.

"The world should not ignore this," said Rabbi Hier. "The world ignored Hitler for many years -- he was dismissed as a demagogue, they said he'd never come to power -- and we were all wrong."

Mr. Farber said Canada and other nations should take action to isolate Mr. Ahmadinejad in light of the new law, which he called "chilling," and his previous string of anti-Semitic statements.

"There are some very frightening parallels here," he said. "It's time to start considering how we're going to deal with this person."

Mr. Ahmadinejad has repeatedly described the Holocaust as a myth and earlier this year announced Iran would host a conference to re-examine the history of the Nazis' "Final Solution."

He has caused international outrage by publicly calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

Iran does not yet have nuclear weapons, but Tehran believed by Western nations to be developing its own nuclear military capability, in defiance of international protocols and peace treaties.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Oh, snap!

P.S. Is anyone really surprise if this true? Iran is unabashedly being run by bigots.. of the worst kind.. ones with the power to enforce their views... afterall, I feel sorry for the avergae Muslim who likely has no problems with non Muslims but likely feels the need to fake it so they aren't considered traitors and executed.

Typical Iranian bull is all this is. False or not, this is something I have no doubts that the Iranian Elite would like.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Isn't the Holocaust also being denied by the Iranians?

True, one must take what they say... and what most governments say, I'd wager... with a grain of salt. I just provided the link from another forum where we are discussing the same topic as a matter of interest.

My persona view, as I said on that other forum, is that I can believe any government dumb enough to announce they wished another country wiped off the map is dumb enough to do this as well. OTOH, the stories being told by Iranian expatriots are similar to the horror stories told by Iraqi expatriots in a bid to coerce the USA into invading Iraq. Bottom line, I don't know if it's true or not. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Er... I would doubt it, since most Rabbis are married and many have kids.

I think on certain occasions, like rituals and such, it is true.

Please note that my comment was in no way deragatory(sp), I heard this was true for certain forms of Judaism and I am merely asking a question because I am curious. :">

Please note that my comment was in no way deragatory(sp), I heard this was true for certain forms of Judaism and I am merely asking a question because I am curious. :">

If I recall the Levitical code correctly (and I may be off; it's been a few years since I last went through Leviticus), it's only when a woman is menstruating that a woman is deemed unclean.

Oh, I didn't think you meant any insult at all! I'm not an expert on the Jewish faith (or any faith for that matter) by any means. I just happen to know a couple of happily married rabbis with children, so I kinda figured they had to touch the females in their lives at one point or another! :rolleyes:

If I recall the Levitical code correctly (and I may be off; it's been a few years since I last went through Leviticus), it's only when a woman is menstruating that a woman is deemed unclean.

That's the one. Thank you.

So how do they know Red's in town? Honor system?

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Off topic and I'll do my own research like a good little boy would. :rolleyes:

Edited by astr0creep

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews

I find this horrible, given that I'm technically Jewish (though unobservant) and lost family in the Russian pogroms. However, my immediate reaction is why the **** do Jews live in Iran?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

It's not easy moving out of country if you are (possibly)dirt poor and (possibly) opressed by the majority and state.

I can hear the sweet hum of missiles already. Beckon! The end is nigh!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes you can.

Anyway, this is going a wee bit too far. I'm surprised they didn't go all out and mandate that the Jewish populace had to wear bright yellow "Astral lights" or something.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Omg, i guss im mund-cntrold tehn!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Isn't the Holocaust also being denied by the Iranians?

Yes and the Iranian president wants to wipe the Isreal off the face of the earth. I'm not kidding.

She was asking for it!

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Your mind is 16% manipulated, 24% rigidly unbending, and 40% in denial.

And 100 % sexy.

kirottu said:

Your mind is 18% manipulated, 34% rigidly unbending, and 40% in denial.

You have a surprising resistance to mind-control! Good job. Of course, that doesn't mean you're not mind-controlled. It just means you have some capacity for free thought still. Give it time - I'm sure it'll change.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Mostly Free

Your mind is 29% manipulated, 44% rigidly unbending, and 34% in denial.

You have a surprising resistance to mind-control! Good job. Of course, that doesn't mean you're not mind-controlled. It just means you have some capacity for free thought still. Give it time - I'm sure it'll change.

:x

hah! Astro is a brain slave!

kirottu said: