DM Client planned for same day as NWN2 release

In PnP the best adversary I came up for the PC group was a halfling.  That halfling tore them up and always was able to get away if things went against her way.  It was hilarious.  Halfling Wizard with Reduce Person, Fly, and Improved Invisibility makes her next to impossible to hit, then she had a nice array of wands of fireballs, lightning, and stinking cloud.

4 out of the 6 PCs died in that fight because they just couldn't hit a lone Halfling Wizard.  HAHAHAHA!

Uh... give ANYONE those three effects and they'd be next to impossible to hit.

Fanboism 2 teh maXXX!

Not if they are flying! BWAAHAAAHAAA!

You know my group had similar views on halflings then a made a duo of Halfling vampires named Patrick and Alicia. Kind of modeled them after Spike and Drusila. Quite a nasty pair. Killed two PCs with them because the aprty thought "Look halflings, easy prey."

The half orc decided just to charge right in then 5 halfling vampire spawns dropped on him from above, biting and clawing him. He died in the first round. The player was shocked and horrified.

Edited by Judge Hades

"Unless not having it on CD gives you some wierd snobbish quirk, in which case you need to see a qualified doctor."

Talk about being snobbish... :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Halflings are only good for one thing.

Bait.

And delivering a certain ring to a certain volcano to destroy a certain Lord of said ring.

On the CD V. Patch thing: Unless you have dial-up or the DL is massive, I don't see it as a problem. Who here plays online with a 56k connection?

Very few, I'd think...then again, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, or last.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I've asked that already on another thread. Didn't get an answer. >_<"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

That's because the question is irrelevant, and is another way to exuse the poor way the DMC has been handled (or not handled) for the last 2 years. LOL

p.s. I have seen people play, dm, and host NWN with a 56k though I doubt it';ll be so easy with NWN2; it doesn't matter one wit.

p.p.s. why is the dmc thing being discussed? the issue is dead.. osbdiain has made a decision on they'll deal with it.. move on with the rest us:)

Edited by Volourn

Not if they are flying!  BWAAHAAAHAAA!

You know my group had similar views on halflings then a made a duo of Halfling vampires named Patrick and Alicia.  Kind of modeled them after Spike and Drusila.  Quite a nasty pair.  Killed two PCs with them because the aprty thought "Look halflings, easy prey."

The half orc decided just to charge right in then 5 halfling vampire spawns dropped on him from above, biting and clawing him.  He died in the first round.  The player was shocked and horrified.

How obscene, vampire halflings. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Aren't vampires 'obscene' by default? :)?

I mean the entire cocnept of their existence only works as well as it does *because* they *are* obscene. :)"

Edited by Volourn

It's hard for me to get worked up about the DMC. Frankly, if the resources that could have put the DMC into the original package went into the packaged campaign, I'm happy.

Frankly, I didn't bring up the Civilization 3 experience lightly. The fact is, Civ 3 shipped as an incomplete product. Up to the bitter end, they were hyping the multiplayer component which didn't ship with the game and came as part of an expansion pack. Some folks paid for that expansion pack. I didn't. I was rather unhappy.

The point is, regardless of my reaction, Civ 3 went on to get multiple accolades and led to at least two successful expansion packs.

Just because NWN2 will, apparently, ship without the DMC doesn't mean the game is worthy only of the middle layer of the bargain bin. There's more to it than that.

However, whatever else, it does show poor planning.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

To be fair though, Civ 3 went on to multiple accolades and spawned expansions because it was Civ 3, not because it was a fantastic game (at least not in comparison to the other Civ games). It was an inferior game (apart from the graphics) than both Civ 2 and Alpha Centauri.

That's a phenomenon that will clearly work in favor of NWN2 as well. However, I agree with you completely. I didn't like Civ 3 as much. I refused to buy the expansion packs because of the whole MP debacle.

What it shows, however, is that this idea of falling short on one goal and releasing it later isn't new or isolated. If the industry is habituating the consumer to accept an "unfinished" product, then we can't really blame NWN2 or Obsidian. This sort of thing has been in practice before.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"If the industry is habituating the consumer to accept an "unfinished" product, then we can't really blame NWN2 or Obsidian."

Yes, we can. Just because something negative happened before doesn't mean it suddenly becomes right. That's just silly talk> :x

No, Vol, the point isn't to give Obsidian a pass for doing it. If the DMC is a big issue for you, I suggest agitating. What I was trying to convey is that we cannot blame Obsidian for starting a practice that began before the company formed. The absence of the DMC isn't the first step towards the death of PC gaming. If it is a step, it's not the first step.

Edited by Eldar

Obsidian Plays

"If the DMC is a big issue for you, I suggest agitating"

Why would I keep 'agitating' them? The issue is dead as far as they are concerned. They've given an answer on how they'll do it. Heck, I'd have dropped the issue completely already if it wasn't for the people rushing to their unneeded defense. Heh.

They'll still change their position if enough folks agitate, Vol. Really. It's true. I remember the folks at Interplay trying to figure out how to deal with the Fallout fanatics. You might only be a pathetic board monkey, but enough of you pathetic board monkies make noise, you will make a difference.

Obsidian Plays

Yeah, all this noise made a difference... it convinced Herve that Fallout was "teh gold" and thus he bought Interplay and screwed millions of Fallout fans the world over :p

Please tell me he's no longer among us :)