DM Client planned for same day as NWN2 release

They should ad in some addtional functionality.  Will NWN 2 have dual monitor support?  If so the DM, while the party is in one area, could work on another area that needs last minute adjustments due to what the PCs do.  PCs can be an unpredictable lot.

They could. Given people were upset at the initial delay to begin with, I'm surprise you're now asking for them to do it.

Weren't you really upset when it was mentioned that it wasn't going to be in? Now you're saying they should add some extra functionality?

I was angered by the fact they were going to release the game without it, yes, for I would have prefered a delay in release so everything can be integrated properly but how they are doing it now is a good compromise and I can live iwth it.

Actually, Alanshu they're already planning to add to the DMC. That's one of the reason for it's 'delay'... because they waited too long to start work on it, and realized, oops... we should upgrade the DMC.

This thread for details: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...480769&forum=95

Pay attention to dev comment(s).. o:)

"Yes, but will that carry over with the DMC."

Dunno. But, why wouldn't it work with the DMC if it works with the rest of the game... taking into consideration the DMC isn't ending up to be just a rush job so they can say they did it...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.. just like the DMC mess.. and horses... and, sewers... etc., etc.

It's all part of game watching life!

o:)

"I don't see anything in that thread from the devs about adding stuff to the DM Client."

You obviously didn't read this then, and I quote:

Anthony Davis, Obsidian Programmer wrote the following on Friday, 12 May, 2006 in the thread entitled DM Client Design ideas for OE on the BIO Boards NWN2 General Discussion:

"I would like to see something like this stickied at the top or something. I would also like to see it HEAVILY moderated to keep it easy to read and to keep it on track.

A centralized thread for DM Client wants and needs would just be very handy for us."

Game over. o:)

P.S. It's obvious you aren't really paying attention and are just posting just for fun. This is embarrasingly easy... possibly easier than how easy it was for the devils to destroy my Rangers. It's embarassing! o:)

Edited by Volourn

He wants the community's ideas and wants to be posted and stickied 'cause it would be useful for them. But, yeah, they have no plans to add to the DMC. So.. what's he doing it for? Poos and gaggles? LOL :D

And, also, if you looked, there's more than a few threads/dev posts including from Mr. U himself about this issue.

What they are adding to it is a mystery; but they are adding to it.

Edited by Volourn

Having plans to add something and actually adding something is quite different.

On the plus side, they WERE just given about a 1 month extension to work on it, which would make adding stuff to it more likely.

Edited by alanschu

"Having plans to add something and actually adding something is quite different."

Absolutely. For all we know, they could be not working on NWN2 at all and just playing tiddlywinks... however, I'll give the benefit of the doubt here... that's just me though.

Edited by Volourn

In any case, I'm thinking you can thank the delay for any decisions to add things.

EDIT: I should rephrase that. I wonder if the decision to add to it is a result of the delay or not.

Edited by alanschu

1. No. Because, the DMC did exactly what I needed it to in NWN1 which is why (unlike others) I didn't complain earlier on when they said they weren't gonna do anything new with it. Others, as you can see in that thread, disagree. Some are going overboard with what they want. LOL

Edited by Volourn

Um... It didn't. if it did, it be in the package that's shipped to stores... Afterall, they were *always* planning to release it sometime. :rolleyes:

Um... It didn't. if it did, it be in the package that's shipped to stores... Afterall, they were *always* planning to release it sometime. :rolleyes:

It was obviously a move to make a compromise Volourn. Had everyone adopted a mindless fanboy stance and said "Hey, that's ok", I doubt they would have set the deadline for it so close to the release of the game.

Who says its a deadline? All they said is they *plan* to have it out then.. it can still be delayed furtehr and plans can change.. Outside of the fact, that people like me 'whining' about it let's them know that people do care about the DMC, I seriously doubt it had that much impact on their plans. More like the logistics of their development situation did.

You make it sound like us Board Monkies are that important. We're not.

Edited by Volourn

Who says its a deadline?  All they said is they *plan* to have it out then.. it can still be delayed furtehr and plans can change.. Outside of the fact, that people like me 'whining' about it let's them know that people do care about the DMC, I seriously doubt it had that much impact on their plans. Mor elike the logistics of their development situation did.

Stop being silly.