Who will win the console war?

Who will win the console war?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the console war?

• Sony's PS3
    • Microsoft's 360
    • Nintendo's Wii

Commie. (!)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Don't forget Yoshi Island 2  :wub:

To be honest.....I never played Yoshi's Island much. Something I should dig up.

I just noticed this tho about the new Paper Mario for the Gamecube.

Super Paper Mario is, in fact, a side-scrolling platformer in the vein of the classic Mario titles but with the aesthetic qualities of the Paper Mario series. However, it's not just a 2D side-scroller. The game fuses elements of 2D and 3D gameplay together, shifting back and forth between dimensions. Watching the brief video for the game, you can get a pretty good idea of how it plays. The paper version of Mario runs to the right, stomping on koopas, punching bricks, collecting coins, and whatnot. However, you won't just be playing as Mario, it seems. Both Princess Peach and Bowser are shown as playable characters in the video. And in perhaps something of a nod to Nintendo's newest Mario title for the DS, the video also shows all characters getting severely gigantic, blowing through enemies and bricks with reckless abandon. Even more hysterical, the giant characters are actually versions of the original Super Mario Bros. sprites, blown up to epic proportions.

Woot, to bad they released this and the new Zelda after the Cube is basically dead.

I resent that remark.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Cube ftw :o

Which is strange given it's limited gaming selection... but then the Xbox is pretty narrow in it's game selection as well....  :wub:

as of late, you don't buy Nintendo for a large selection, you buy a Nintendo console because every generation they have the best game of its respective generation (almost unarguably) and few games are as good or as polished as Nintendos FP titles.

This generation I would nominate Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 (still the best version), and Wind Waker. Tho, all votes are off till the new Zelda hits, which could ironically be the best game of two generations :)

And Mario, and Pikmin, and Harvest Moon, and...

Kiddy games won't sell me a system either. And Mario has been more overdone than Star Wars.

Calling games you have no clue about "kiddie games" doesn't instantly give you adult points. Just for the record.

Last time I checked the only thing you could call "kiddie" in those games was the art direction. Challenging, quality products all of them.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And Mario, and Pikmin, and Harvest Moon, and...

Kiddy games won't sell me a system either. And Mario has been more overdone than Star Wars.

Calling games you have no clue about "kiddie games" doesn't instantly give you adult points. Just for the record.

Last time I checked the only thing you could call "kiddie" in those games was the art direction. Challenging, quality products all of them.

Alright, "Kiddy-Looking" games. Better?

Sorry but art direction is important to me. Just like gameplay, story, character design, sound, etc.

The art direction of most games on Nintendo's consoles is enough to turn me away from those systems, even the GBA.

And that doesn't mean I don't buy Nintendo's consoles. I make mistakes too. :shifty:

As for the quality of the games on Nintendo's systems, I've tested enough of them to agree with you. Most are top notch because Nintendo's standards for the games they allow to run on their systems are very high.

They still have some lemons though, just like the other consoles.

And for the record, RE4 and Harvest Moon are on PS2 as well. That makes them Multi-platform.

See? Cutting the bullmidden helps. :shifty:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If you want to call what the USSR and China did as "Communism" then OK.

No, I count them as attempts of communism and they failed therefore communism failed. It is the inherit nature of greed and lust for power that will constantly make communism fail.

It is an utopian dream that will never be achieved due to mankind's twisted and beastial corruption.

If you want to call what the USSR and China did as "Communism" then OK.

No, I count them as attempts of communism and they failed therefore communism failed. It is the inherit nature of greed and lust for power that will constantly make communism fail.

It is an utopian dream that will never be achieved due to mankind's twisted and beastial corruption.

Hades, this is very scary for me but... I share your point of view completely.

And a word of warning: Everytime I talk about it I get bantha poodoo shoveled in my face...

Depends on whether you like a console's controller or not:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/zelda/now-thi...ller-150257.php

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=165

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p