Pentagon eyes ways to use military

Eddo36

Well, to be fair, their problems are at least partially due to the US's alliance with the Spaniard elite that runs the country. I'm not sure that the poor, predominantly aborigine immigrants can rebel against their white leadership without Bush intervening.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

You can't preach isolationism without practicing it, Hades :)

For example, if you want the Mexicans to keep to themselves, it's natural that the US should do the same, in order to have a consistent ideology.

There are doors

What goes on in other countries is not my concern.  What goes in in my country is my concern.  If the leadership in another country is piss poor then the people should try to make sure they get new leadership and axe the old ones instead of taking the coward's way out and flee to another country.

Pretty easy to say from your comfy little world.

this is basically just a stunt to help sell the Guest Worker program to the Right Wing of the Republican party.

the National Guardsmen will not actually be apprehending illegals, only providing logistical support to free Border Patrol cops up for the actual apprehension.

If you're too ignorant to recognize the interdependency of the world, then I can't help you.

If you wish to be isolationist, then I suggest you stop using your computer, your internet. Stop eating most fruits. And so on.

But hey, you have no problems reaping the benefits of it....that's the easy part.

I don't go on people's doors and ring the buzzers to bother them. I don't go on the streets yelling at them. I don't try to push any agenda by putting advertisements on the television or newspapers. I don't invade other countries.

I bother no one that doesn't want to be bothered and all I seek is the same. Such as if I didn't want to be bothered by you, Alan, all I had to do is close the desktop window and do something else. If you didn't want me to bother you you can do the same.

Now I couldn't just close the window and never be bothered by Christian **** who come buzzing at my door while I am trying to sleep. I don't bother Christians by going to their churches and telling them to stop believing in god so I expect them to not come to my door and tell me that I should start.

I am not saying that we should become complete isolationists, but we just need to respect each others privacy and not be bothersome or interfere.

Edited by Judge Hades

If a person is to come into my country to live and work he or she needs to have a proficient level of expertise of the English language.
Hilarious. What do you think would be the proportion of native US citizens that would actually pass an English Proficiency exam?

Right.

Well, to be fair, their problems are at least partially due to the US's alliance with the Spaniard elite that runs the country.  I'm not sure that the poor, predominantly aborigine immigrants can rebel against their white leadership without Bush intervening.
That's an excuse, and an old one at that.

There have been armed revolutions in the past in South America. And when one triumphs, they just overthrow one gang of thieves, and replace it with another one. They have what they deserve. Just take a look at Chavez, Morales, and their fellow Castro. But of course, it's so much easier to place the blame on someone, else instead of looking at one's own faults.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hilarious. What do you think would be the proportion of native US citizens that would actually pass an English Proficiency exam?

That would be a failure in the education system if they can't which is a different matter altogether.

Edited by Judge Hades

But is it? Why should immigrants be required to do something that the average US citizen would find difficult?

You might as well refuse to let in those that fail to drag a truck with their ears.

The thing is, immigrants will find it difficult to get a legal job in the US without an adequate grasp of English. But that is a different matter. You were just dodging the issue.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's an excuse, and an old one at that.

There have been armed revolutions in the past in South America. And when one triumphs, they just overthrow one gang of thieves, and replace it with another one. They have what they deserve. Just take a look at Chavez, Morales, and their fellow Castro. But of course, it's so much easier to place the blame on someone, else instead of looking at one's own faults.

US intervention was a given in almost every one of those armed revolutions, though, mostly to install puppet regimes loyal to our interests. When such a regime does not exist, the common response has been to isolate, contain, and sanction (ie Cuba) - can't exactly run a happy country when the US forcibly cuts you off from the rest of the world.

There are doors

US intervention was a given in almost every one of those armed revolutions, though, mostly to install puppet regimes loyal to our interests.  When such a regime does not exist, the common response has been to isolate, contain, and sanction (ie Cuba) - can't exactly run a happy country when the US forcibly cuts you off from the rest of the world.
Ah, yes. Poor, poor little Castro. I take it then that the fact that he refuses to adopt a democracy, and the fact that he systematically denies basic freedoms and rights to his people have nothing to do with Cuba's international (as opposed to US unilateral) isolation?

Wow, that's a whole new perspective!

What about the bunch of democratically elected snake oil salesmen that run those other countries in South America?

I guess it's all part of some shadowy scheme orchestrated by the CIA to put imbeciles in office. They probably taught them their anti-US rhetoric as well, you know, for greater effect.

Time to remove the blindfold. Hard, unpleasant reality, meet Azarkon.

Ah, yes. Poor, poor little Castro. I take it then that the fact that he refuses to adopt a democracy, and the fact that he systematically denies basic freedoms and rights to his people have nothing to do with Cuba's international (as opposed to US unilateral) isolation?

Wow, that's a whole new perspective!

I suggest you read this: http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Caribbea...tions_Cuba.html

Wow, another whole new perspective!

Are you going to launch into a tirade against the UN, now, given that they voted 184 to 4 to end the Cuban embargo? Or so I quote:

"The embargo has been the source of almost unanimous international criticism. Annual votes in the United Nations General Assembly that call on the U.S. to lift its sanctions pass with exceptionally large margins (173 to 3 in 2002; 179 to 4 in 2004). In the 2004 vote, only the U.S., Israel, the Marshall Islands, and Palau voted against the resolution (with Federated States of Micronesia abstaining)." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...go_against_Cuba

What about the bunch of democratically elected snake oil salesmen that run those other countries in South America?

I guess it's all part of some shadowy scheme orchestrated by the CIA to put imbeciles in office. They probably taught them their anti-US rhetoric as well, you know, for greater effect.

Time to remove the blindfold. Hard, unpleasant reality, meet Azarkon.

Showcases the failings of democracy, perhaps? And Bush was so confident about its benefits on the world, too.

Face it: democracy is nothing more than another form of control. No one willingly elects the poverty of their own nation; it's a lack of choices - as in the case of modern party-based elections - and the predominance of monetary assets that define the elected dictatorships of the modern world.

Oh, and the refusal to reform the education system certainly helps, too. Keep the population ignorant, and they'll certainly never know who they're voting for.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

I don't go on people's doors and ring the buzzers to bother them.  I don't go on the streets yelling at them.  I don't try to push any agenda by putting advertisements on the television or newspapers.  I don't invade other countries.

Come one now, you're not trying to tell me that wasn't you in Cameroon the other day? That had to be the most ridiculous false moustache I've ever seen.

Seriously though, aren't we going in a circle? We agree or disagree on the notion that Mexes should be allowed into the US to work. However, I fail to understand why they should do so illegally. If the law is silly, redraft it. If not, enforce it. Otherwise, why have it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

and to all of you that are saying well its a law lets enforce it.. they cant seem to stop drugs or people speeding every day why would they be able to stop Mexicans from crossing the border... this is just a way to get the worry off of the war and back on something else...

Face it: democracy is nothing more than another form of control.  No one willingly elects the poverty of their own nation; it's a lack of choices - as in the case of modern party-based elections - and the predominance of monetary assets that define the elected dictatorships of the modern world.

Oh, and the refusal to reform the education system certainly helps, too.  Keep the population ignorant, and they'll certainly never know who they're voting for.

Anarchist? And one with an almost palpable superior sense of self? Unheard of!

Relax, j/k :p

and to all of you that are saying well its a law lets enforce it..  they cant seem to stop drugs or people speeding every day why would they be able to stop Mexicans from crossing the border... this is just a way to get the worry off of the war and back on something else...

Good point. Though they don't have authorization, if given in this case, to shoot or shoot at speeders...drug runners, yes, but only if armed.

And what war? A normal war involves two or more armies fighting. This is an occupation/guerrilla war scenario. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

DeathzBlade, that little poem was born o a different era than what we have today. It no longer applies to the United States of America of the 21st century.

You want to live in work in the US then do so legally and learn the language. There is no other acceptable option. Yes, I do think that we need to enforce the law, and in fact make it harsher on those who do come in the country illegally. I also think we should alter the laws a bit to make it easier to come to the US legally.

Harsher laws for those who are illegal, but make it more friendly for those who wish to enter and become part of the American stew pot. Last of all we need to make sure the laws are enforced.