2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

I thought the 0-0 game between Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago was very exciting. Sweden had something like 26 scoring chances, yet we were denied. It was very exciting because at that point everyone thought that those T&T points were the only sure points we'd be getting in the group.

When we only got one point I seriously doubted that we would survive our group. I am glad I was wrong :huh:)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I would have scorned you forever if you hadn't qualified through a group like that mkreku... then again, our own WC qualification cup was made up mostly of former soviet republics, and still we failed... :huh:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

No real bad calls in Czech game, at least, the red card was deserved. I'm gutted, Koller was their only decent striker, scores in 10 mins then gets himself stretchered off in their first match. Pity for Nedved too.

No real bad calls in Czech game, at least, the red card was deserved. I'm gutted, Koller was their only decent striker, scores in 10 mins then gets himself stretchered off in their first match. Pity for Nedved too.

Yes, a shame... I was really impressed with how the Czechs played against the US in their first match, but it was disappointing that they had nothing to come back with when Ghana scored against them. That said, they didn't exactly have much of a break after that first game... And yes, the red card was deserved - just plain stupidity from the player, who basically ruined the Czech chances.

Go Socceroos! :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect

GO THE SOCCEROOS! WE'RE INTO THE LAST 16! YES! YES! :D But the refereeing from Graham Poll was absolute ****in rubbish! That stooge almost cost us the game and ended our World Cup dream. :angry:

I know that there is a large Croatian community in Australia and there were plenty of people from Australia that were going for Croatia because of their Croatian heritage, and there were people who were neutral or couldn't decide who to go for, I know, because accouple of people I know at school have Croatian heritage and were 'neutral' about the Croatia-Australia match but were not upset when Croatia got knocked out, it was a 'win-win' situation for me.

But I'm not like that, my heritage is Italian, but I was born in Australia and I will be going for Australia all the way, not Italy! I hope we beat them. Don't get me wrong, I like Italy, they are my second favourite team in the World Cup but to me, it's not a 'win-win' situation if Italy win, I want us to go through, and those who think Italy is going to destroy us are in for a big surprise, because if we lose, we will make Italy work for it, make no mistake about it, I hope us getting into the last '16' has at least proven those people wrong who beleive that we were one of the weakest teams in the tournament and were one of the easybeats, because we're not!

Really we should have been awarded two penalties, what about that clear Croatian handball in our penalty box that mirrored an AFL defensive tap? What about that bloody Croac who had his arm wrapped around Viduka and dragged him down in the penalty box off the ball? WTF! And what about that idiot Kalac and his crappy goalkeeping? He should have saved Croatia's second goal easy? Why the hell wasn't Schwarzer starting? He's a far better keeper than Kalac? Don't get me wrong Guus, your a legend, but Kalac isn't even half the keeper Schwarzer is, he sucks IMHO.

Besides, Kalac has Croatian heritage, starting him against Croatia to me was a big no-no, because a goalkepper is so crucial, and you just don't know if Kalac was going to deliberately stuff up or not. :)

It sucks how Emerton (who's been so good for us) will miss the crucial game against Italy, his absense will hurt us against them. ;) to Kewell, he played a full '90' minutes and is beginning to become fit again, at the right time, we need him and Cahill fully fit for the knockout stages.

But seriously, we could have won '4-1' against Croatia, if we were awarded those two other penalties that should have been given and if Schwarzer was goalkeeping (well I'd at least assume he wouldn't stuff up like that considering his recent form) then yes, it could have been '4-1' IMHO, but bah, who cares? WE ARE INTO THE LAST 16! :D COME ON!!!

But the refereeing, boy I was very bloody pissed off with the ref, he was ****e, I mean, it takes '3' yellow cards to send off Simunic, when he should have been sent off when his SECOND yellow card was given, boy, I tell you what, I love my soccer, the atmosphere, the fun, the tension, the creativity and skill involved, it rocks, it's to die for, however, IMHO, this World Cup stinks of corruption, and not just the refereeing, but nonetheless, nothing can be done about it and it won't effect my obsession with the game, so hurry up already Monday night!