Do you look down on people who...

Eddo36

Do you look down on ppl who try to stay out of the mil?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you look down on ppl who try to stay out of the mil?

• Yes
    • No

Fluoride is yummy. ^_^

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I am sure if some states want that then that is their business.  Here in Iowa we are more open minded on such matters.

At first, I was going to call you on the fact that you really can't speak for the whole state, but then I remembered that the entire state is really made up of you and about three other families.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But just imagine if the world were ruled by people who actually were the greatest minds their respective nations could produce?

We'd be dead in the gutter, totalitarianism, all for the good of the blind masses! Boo-****ing-hoo.

Stop daydreaming. The intellectual elite are just as rotten as the average Joe, just smarter, that's all there is to it. When you've got the power you don't share it. That's how you stay in power. The greatest minds are seldom all nice and cuddly inside.

Who do you think devised Communism? Or Neoconservatism? Who built all our bombs?

You missed a part. :)

...We'd be a billion asteroids by now...but that's beside the point.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I wouldn't go that far...

But just imagine if the world were ruled by people who actually were the greatest minds their respective nations could produce?

But that's exactly why politics will always fail. Anyone with any intelligence stays out of it, cos quite frankly they can be doing better things with their time.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

No, I misread it. It's 4 AM. I'm sorry. But we'd probably be under a heavy "benevolent reign". World destruction is so overrated.

I read it as "We'd be a million asteroids away by now". Me and my speedy reading. I'm sorry, again.

Edited by Baley

No problem. And you're probably right.

- Everlast

I am sure if some states want that then that is their business.  Here in Iowa we are more open minded on such matters.

Again, while the majority should be the one deciding important issues, someone also has to protect the minority. That's why the federal system works. It might not be all that great right now, but it works. Thank the deity of you choice (mine's Ben Franklin) that you're not living in a fundamentalist hellhole. Cause that's what'd happen to at least half of America if a brilliant mind chose to apply your "reforms".

Edited by Baley

And then the suicide rate for rational thinking people would sky rocket...

- Everlast

No problem. And you're probably right.

Have you read any Leo Strauss?

Makes for an interesting idea as to what could happen if an intellectual elite were to rule our governments.

Though you should be having loads of sex prior to reading him, I reckon he has a tendency of transforming sex-deprived youths into neo-cons.

My favourite site on Strauss, good for fast searches and biased columns, be warned though, it's very addictive.

Edited by Baley

<Snip/Linkies>

I'll look into it...right after the sex part. Lots and lots of the sex part.

- Everlast

And takes in how much?

- Everlast

And takes in how much?

Oh, it takes in a lot but think on this. If we had a more streamline system in which eliminates the IRS and the whole income tax system think of the billions of dollars saved. One system we could have would be a federal sales tax. Place an additional 3% to 5% sales tax on every non-food item purchased in this country and BOOM! Not only do we get rid the waste of the IRS but still rake in the money needed to fund our government.

It would also eliminate tax fraud as well.

Edited by Judge Hades

LOL irony.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The money has no real value you know...if you want to get right down to it. They can make it as valuable, or as worthless as need be for the situation.

absolutely no. anyone who joins the army voluntarily are ****ing retards. the army is the world's biggest kindergarten; absolutely useless.

In the words of Zoe...as near as I remember, "You'd best be leaving this room..."

- Everlast