BREAKING NEWS: BETHESDA TELLS ESRB TO STICK IT!

Or *neither*!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Yet, NWN characters had b00bies and was rated teen.. even with Aribeth's "jiggly* ****...Yet, it was untouched... Go figure..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The ESRB is lame anyway.  We need to get rid of it.

...and then, after the federal government steps in to regulate it through the FDC, we'll get completely ****ed out of content that caters to a more adult audience. :blink:

And you know, it's for the children......the children!!!! :ph34r:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

ts not even that. It tries and sometimes succeeds but it is largely a failure. I mean they don't even play all the games they rate. They watch a video. Oh, yes, that will show how the game is really like. Yes indeed. :blink:

The Federal Government can kiss my ass and I say lets drop the FCC to boot to. It is time that parents raise their own damn kids and stop having the government do the work for them.

Edited by Judge Hades

Difference. Those things directly affect health. They can kill you. Boobies and a bit of red pixels won't cause you to slam into a semi-truck at 70 MPH because the lights were just that fascinating.

- Everlast

18. As a former 16-year-old, I can safely say that we're all idiots.

- Everlast

All righty, to be more specific, at that age we're not exactly qualified to decide what could or should slowly kill us. Or at 18, really...but you get to vote and join the military then, so why the hell not?

- Everlast

Violence is ok but sex isn't?  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the U.S. of A! >_<

That's what I dislike about this country, it's warped sense of morals. Taking a life is ok, but procreating is bad. That's the impression that these "lablelist" appear to me.

Yeah well, in Europe it's typically Sex = ok, violence = bad.

The alternative would be non voluntary regulation. Which would be both stricter and take longer.

Stunts like leaving things on a disk to be found dosnt do the non censorship side any favours.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

ts not even that. It tries and sometimes succeeds but it is largely a failure. I mean they don't even play all the games they rate. They watch a video. Oh, yes, that will show how the game is really like. Yes indeed.

How does playing the game depict the content in the game any differently than merely watching it?

I can't think of any game where I've seen a video of it, and concluded the violence level was different when I actually played the game.

Leaving the stuff on the disc was a project management oversight, not a comfortable privilege for the developers.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult, as a tiny part of QA, to ensure that all the files on the disc images are meant to be there. After all, patches can add more content via teh internets.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The alternative would be non voluntary regulation. Which would be both stricter and take longer.

Stunts like leaving things on a disk to be found dosnt do the non censorship side any favours.

No regulation. Use common sense when you think about purchasing a game, or parents should use common sense if they feel the game is too violent or sexual for their children.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

THat would require parents to be fully informed about all games that are out.

Part of the reason the ESRB came to be was to help inform parents about the content inside games to help them make purchasing decisions.

No regulation. Use common sense when you think about purchasing a game, or parents should use common sense if they feel the game is too violent or sexual for their children.

But ... the whole point of the ratings board is to give advice to parents. After all, if a parent wants to they can buy an adult-themed game for their four year old.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT