Was United 93 an inspirational movie?

Eddo36

Is United 93 an inspirational movie?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is United 93 an inspirational movie?

• Yes
    • No

We agree! :thumbsup:

P.S. Though some will surely point out that while the hurricane itself was nature's doing, the situation was made much worse than it needed to eb due to mad emade mistakes, inaction, and sloppiness.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Is too. If it's more relevant to me, I'm going to think it's more important.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Acts of nature I don't count as tragedies. They just happen and you deal with it. Certainly there was death, destruction, and pain on a massive scale but I wouldn't call it tragic. Its just how the natural world works. If you live in an area that is below sea level, expect to get wet.

Convenient.

If it's more relevant to me, I'm going to think it's more important.

Agreed.

Yeah, but the most recent ones generally tend to have more impact on people than ones that happen long before they were born. Not that it's a bad thing.

I could care less about stories passed on by my great grandma about how the Chinese were massacred by the Japanese or other stuff she would probably tell me if I had ever met her while she was still alive if that b-word hadn't sold my grandpa to some other family.

No. I really could care less what the Japanese did to the Chinese or what the Chinese did to each other etc. History is filled with all sorts of messed up crap like that. All I care about is what is happening now in the present. Not WWII or Vietnam but Iraq and whatever country that idiot for a president wants to pick a fight with next. You wanna know why? Because that stuff is actually affecting me.

You think I would care in the way distant future if our great grandkids get wiped out by a tsunami caused by melting polar icecaps due to global warming? Well, hmm... actually yes I would care. Because I wouldn't wanna see humanity wiped out and that all our efforts on progress become all gone.

But I don't expect them to care about us since all we did was pollute their environment at this period. But still the future is something that can be changed. The past can't. So: present > future > past

the death of one is a tragedy... the death of a million is a statistic. -Josef Stalin

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How is that convenient, Alanschu?

Eddo, I guess I take a more wholistic approach on these matters. For me 9/11 is no more a tragedy than the Trail of Tears, the atrocities of war in Europe in the 40's, and so forth. They are pretty much effected me equally.

coughcoughPearlHarbourcoughcough

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Somehow, that doesn't seem too even...

And just 'cause...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

There's the popular conspiracy theory that Roosevelt, sympathetic to the plight in Europe (and probably Asia to an extent as well), had information about the planned attack, and subsequently made sure that the flagships of the navy (i.e. the Carriers) were out of port.

In the long run...well, we know how it turned out. In the short...he basically let thousands of U.S. sailors die.

That's a no-no.

- Everlast

There's the popular conspiracy theory that Roosevelt, sympathetic to the plight in Europe (and probably Asia to an extent as well), had information about the planned attack, and subsequently made sure that the flagships of the navy (i.e. the Carriers) were out of port.

I understand that US intelligence probably had information hinting at an attack on Pearl Harbor, which they probably ignored as false lead. The theory that Roosevelt delibrately hid that information to sacrifice a huge bulk of the Pacific fleet sounds like bs to me. Remember that US's Pacific fleet was davastated after the attack and ended up on the losing side of the war until many months later at the Battle of Midway. If FDR really played this trick on his own troops, then he almost lost us the war in Pacific.