Was United 93 an inspirational movie?

Eddo36

Is United 93 an inspirational movie?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is United 93 an inspirational movie?

• Yes
    • No

I found it funny that the offical transcripts of what was said and happened on Flight 93 were released about a month ago.

I haven't seen Flight 93, though I don't particularly want to. It seems like a "rah rah" movie, and I don't like those types of movies. I really, really hope that it and the offical transcripts are so far out of whack that you can't possibly take the movie seriously.

Somebody is cashing in on the worst tragedy the US has ever faced.

Only in America.

Yeah, the victim's families. :x

All profit made by this movie is going to support the victim's families.

Oh? Where did you hear this from? According to the news, they are only donating 10% of opening weeks money to a memorial.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Insipirational? To do what?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I doubt giving the victims free money will ease their pain.

I doubt it also.

They need to find a Necromancer but since they are usually evil, a Necromancer wouldn't do it, just to make them more sad or do it but make it so the bodies decompose and stink.

Yes. Yes, that would work.

Necromancers FTW! (w00t)

From what I heard of the movies that were made the victim's families had a lot of say in how these movies were made and how the victime of Flight 93 were portrayed.

So, uh, the whole airplane is full of people who "would never hurt anyone" and "got along with everybody"? Sounds extremely bad if you

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Only in America.

That's exactky what I thought the first time I saw the preview.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

From what I heard of the movies that were made the victim's families had a lot of say in how these movies were made and how the victime of Flight 93 were portrayed.

So, uh, the whole airplane is full of people who "would never hurt anyone" and "got along with everybody"? Sounds extremely bad if you

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Only in America.

That's exactky what I thought the first time I saw the preview.

Funny, that's what I thought when I saw Farenheit 911. I guess "inspirational" movies get the venom. You know, one source of evidence that a society has recently undergone some sort of trauma is the increase in heroic depictions of the people. It's not something confined to the United States.

I haven't seen the film. I doubt I see it. Still, it's a perfectly legitimate plot for a story. It's a tale that will be told. It's going to become part of our culture. If it provides entertainment for folks, so be it.

Only in America? Good Lord.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Somebody is cashing in on the worst tragedy the US has ever faced."

Worst? You on crack, dude? Or did you forget to add 'the last 5 years' onto that?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Its not the worst tragedy in US history, but it is the most recent. I think that one of worst tragedy for the United States and possibly the world was when George W. got re-elected. Tragic for th world because they have to put up with his stupidity,and tragic for the US because the majority was stupid enough to believe his rhetoric to re-elect him.

"Its not the worst tragedy in US history, but it is the most recent."

How quickly they forget you Katrina. How quickly they forget.

I mean, I cna't recall how many times 'Katrina is the worst tragedy ever' comments I had to ehar.

"I think that one of worst tragedy for the United States and possibly the world was when George W. got re-elected."

No. What's even worse is that a SLAVER was elected to be President of the Untited States before, and that people like you think that's a-ok.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Acts of nature I don't count as tragedies. They just happen and you deal with it. Certainly there was death, destruction, and pain on a massive scale but I wouldn't call it tragic. Its just how the natural world works. If you live in an area that is below sea level, expect to get wet.

Tragedies are man made. Tragedies are the result of human hubris. Tragedies happen when a person who should know he is doing something wrong and hurtful but does it anyway. Tragedies are the result of the failure of being human.

Also I did not say the re-election of George W. was the worse tragedy, but one of. Slavery in the US is in of itself one of the great tragedies that the US has done towards our fellow humans, but there are many tragedies in the history of the U.S.

Edited by Judge Hades