The good ol' times...

ramza

Win an argument? Here? :geek:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Seeing how PS:T's good gameplay was in the first hours or so (till you hit a certain maze) I think one can yes. If you didn't manage to get out of the mortuary though then not ofcourse...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Personally, I believe that PS:T sucked too. The game was lame and the graphics were uglier than BG1's. I shouldn't even have included that game in my thread's title.

The only CRPGs that I consider worthy of my attention are the BG and IWD series, and NWN. I refuse to play anything else than those. JRPGs were fine too but I stopped playing them a few years ago... my tastes have changed since I discovered the IE games.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The real reason, why those old games were great and these new games are crap, is brothels. Give use back brothers, gawddamnit! But noo... in these modern times women have forgotten their proper place between fist and kichen and have started to play RPG games. This is the result when developers start to make pretty little games for pretty little girls! Give us back the time when men were men and RPGs were RPGs!

MASCULINE MANLY POWAAH!

Fable had brothels, was it a good game? No.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The real reason, why those old games were great and these new games are crap, is brothels. Give use back brothers, gawddamnit! But noo... in these modern times women have forgotten their proper place between fist and kichen and have started to play RPG games. This is the result when developers start to make pretty little games for pretty little girls! Give us back the time when men were men and RPGs were RPGs!

MASCULINE MANLY POWAAH!

Fable had brothels, was it a good game? No.

Indeed, because Fable

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

PS:T is a great game and, years later, no other CRPG stacks up to it.  Of course, I always have an eye out for one that will.  In the meantime, there are some great CRPGs out there.

LOLZ

It does not even come close to being in the same league as Baldur's Gate or Fallout. The two games are master pieces that will never be duplicated again. I will spare all, since you all know my opinion on PST. I never liked the PST game world to begin with which was already a strike to that game before I played it.

I don't have the energy to flame you. Please go into a corner and berate yourself for 10... no, 15 minutes. Afterwards, issue me a warning for whatever you said to yourself.

PS:T is the pinnacle. It might be that it is only the pinnacle for me, but it's the pinnacle for someone. As much as I enjoyed the BG series, it just didn't compare.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Pinnacles are meant to be shattered.

You guys can live in the past if you want, but those games are all flawed no matter how you look at them. It doesn't matter how bleak the future can look, the point is that there is a future, and products will keep being made. I, for one, look forward to them.

Or, I guess you could keep replaying old games again and again and whine about the good old days.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What the hell are you on about, Llyr? I didn't say there weren't any good games. I didn't say I saw a bleak future, bereft of good or even great games. What I said is that, thus far, PS:T is my favorite game. Before that, it was Civilization. There was a pretty good chunk of time between the two, but PS:T managed to surpass my previous favorite. I'm sure there's something out there, in the mind of some developer, that will surpass PS:T someday. It just hasn't yet arrived.

Now, on the other hand, as you get older and you've played more games, I think it's harder to be impressed. It takes something truly revolutionary to get to that next stage, and we haven't seen anything really revolutionary for a while. Of course, revolutionary ideas are uncommon. Otherwise, they wouldn't be revolutionary.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Llyr is right. For once.

I prefer moving on and having fun to replaying and whining.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well no one has copied what PST did. No incentive to do so given it's sales.

KOTOR came closest but tried to fool the player into thinking they were playing their own character for a good deal of the game.

What PST did it really quite simple. Take a normal RPG you get a lot of choices which may or may not be applicable to the character you are playing. By only having a single possible character. PST could cater every different choice to that character.

Of course you can't do that without wiping the characters memory. It's only the amnesia that makes such a character playable in that way.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I don't think there's anything missing in today's games, what you're missing is instead that feeling, which you won't feel again until something new that suits you as well as the IE games did back then comes along.

Agree with the above. Happens to everyone, IMO.

Another pit trap is to start thinking "why can't they make great games like game A anymore", always comparing new games to that game, not willing to accept how some new game might be great in it's own way.

I was personally attacking Eldar because he's a jerk, but the post was meant for all the losers in this thread.

OH? because "Frag Dolls" supporters aren't losers? :-"

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I'll frag doll *you*.

I won't fall to your level... You can always go play Barbie on the PS... Perhaps you like that game more the IE ones, which explains your way of thinking :-

Edited by ramza

Good lord, it's a crapfest and low level flame battle in the pits.

Seriously, I'm pretty damned upbeat about games today. I really enjoyed Oblivion and I'm looking forward to NWN2. What can I say. I'm not living in the past. That doesn't mean I can't remember it fondly, however.

Obsidian Plays

Well, I see Kotor 1&2, NWN2 and DA as the next-generation CRPGs, following the general trend of the IE games. In a sense, these are the closest equivalents of these games that we will ever find (moreover, they were made by the same developpers). I will gladly accomodate myself with those titles. We can't expect companies to make games using always the same formula. Change was necessary and I find it cool to get a sci-fi CRPG. The fact is that I would like to see more D&D CRPGs, but it seems that trend has kinda died these last years.

I won't fall to your level...

You mean rise.

Look who's talking! A brat with an eye-patch imitating another brat with an eye-patch (the latter also being a fan of some female video-gaming group)... pathetic, in my opinion... :-"

Edited by ramza

Would you guys cut it out. How can we abuse each other over our tastes in games if we're so busy attacking each other's tastes in signitures?

Obsidian Plays

Just cut it Ramza. He's playing you like a cheap piano and you're just making it worse.

Though I admit being intrigued by a possible Ramza vs Nickipoo flamefest.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, and he just dragged Role-Player's honor into this now! There will be blood!

In any case, living in the past and reminiscing old games is one thing. Living in the past and fixating over games that never got released is quite another.

#1 Torn fan 4EVA

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)