Easy Way Out Leads to Light Side Sith??

I beat the game after I hit the 20 hour mark and I was rather disappointed. On onderon I chose to take out the queens guards in order to get into the palace because I didnt know how else to get in. Then I had to kill Kavar and then the other masters. I had 100% Light Side Mastery. In the end the masters called me sith, Atris called me a sith, yet I had never chosen such a thing. When I replay the game, how can I get into the palace without destroying the remnants of the Order and becoming the Lightest Sith?

I beat the game after I hit the 20 hour mark and I was rather disappointed. On onderon I chose to take out the queens guards in order to get into the palace because I didnt know how else to get in. Then I had to kill Kavar and then the other masters. I had 100% Light Side Mastery. In the end the masters called me sith, Atris called me a sith, yet I had never chosen such a thing. When I replay the game, how can I get into the palace without destroying the remnants of the Order and becoming the Lightest Sith?

If you side with Vaklu the first time you go to Onderon, then the only way to get to the Palace is by killing Talia's guards. On the other hand, the light side path on Onderon is supposed to be supporting the queen rather than Vaklu. Then when you come back you have to do the same thing but backwards. You fight Vaklu's men instead of Talia's, and you talk to Kavar instead of kill him.

You can similarly avoid killing the other Jedi Masters by siding against the Exchange, and against the mercenaries.

Killing any of the masters will earn you the DS ending, it seems.

If you do not kill them, then your alignment decides the LS or DS ending.

On Onderon, you will have to side with Talia early on to get the LS choice for that world, though you can reverse it the first time you talk briefly to Kavar (when you're interrupted by Tobin and his guards). I actually "took care" of the captains loyal to Talia (earning a few DS points), and yet managed to tell Tobin that I would never side with him and Vaklu. Then I got the LS outcome for Onderon.

Yeah I know, the Onderon political scenario is a bunch of cartoony black-and-white crap

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Light Side Sith

:-

Seems like the best way to defeat the enemy is from within.

What you said about the endgame depending on killing the Jedi Masters seems bugged, because I thought it should be about your LS/DS alignment like in the 1st game. oh well, yet another bug to add to the list... :blink:

The same thing could happen to K1. Your conversation with Bastila in the Temple defined your ending. Unfortunately your ending is defined from the choices you make in the main plot, not from your alignment.

it would be hard for the devs if it relyed on the alignment though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Jediphile and Mahf hit it on the nose.

Whether you take the dark or light side path on Onderon depends on your first trip there. When you (along with Mandalore and one other) start encountering the folks on the street, you have your chance to push things one way or the other.

If you make all pro-Talia choices, then you'll eventually help the queen no matter what happens. This is the only way to keep Kavar alive after your second trip to Onderon.

If you make all pro-Vaklu choices (removing all three captains, etc), then you will eventually help General Vaklu regardless of what happens. This will always result in you killing Kavar on your second trip to Onderon.

If you waffle on things (eliminate maybe one or two of the captains, but not all of them), then you'll have a choice when Tobin encounters you in the cantina.

To clarify: if you side with Talia from the beginning, then you have no choice but to continue this path. However, if you side with Vaklu initially (for instance, by supporting Ponlar and agreeing to help Anda remove the three captains), then when Tobin interrupts your meeting with Kavar in the cantina, you will have the choice whom to follow - Talia or Vaklu. As a lightsider, I prefer to support Vaklu first (because this is the only way to eventually get 82 influence with Mandalore and get him to tell the story about his helmet), and then switch to Talia's side and have the LS ending for Onderon.

To clarify: if you side with Talia from the beginning, then you have no choice but to continue this path. However, if you side with Vaklu initially (for instance, by supporting Ponlar and agreeing to help Anda remove the three captains), then when Tobin interrupts your meeting with Kavar in the cantina, you will have the choice whom to follow - Talia or Vaklu.

If you do too many evil things (have all of the captains killed, instead of simply removed, etc), then your only choice is "After what I have done, I have no choice but to side with Vaklu" or something like that.

so influence makes a difference with mandalore? i gotta try that next time i play.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

so influence makes a difference with mandalore? i gotta try that next time i play.

No real difference. All he tells you is how he used to travel with Revan, and that he gave him the location of Mandalore's helmet, and to gather the Mandalorians.

He still won't tell you his exact identity, and that you won't find it out until after talking with Kreia in the end.

at least thers a point to take him with me now.

I have said it before, you could end up LS Mastery and kill all the Jedi Masters and you could also let all of them alive and get DS Mastery. It all comes down to your dialogue options and if you rather help or kill innocents.

Because the game was rushed it doesn't matter at all if you choose to side with Czerka, the Ithorians, the Exchange, the refugees, Vaklu, Talya, Mercenaries, Militia.

At least in Kotor I you could drop or increase your alignment very fast depending on what you choose on Rakata Prime.

And, uhh, Off topic: Bingo. 500 posts!

Master Vandar lives!

my friend advised an expansion to kotor2, because he also didnt like the fact that it was cut, and i explained to him that it wasnt just the ending that it was cut, but all throughout the game (m4-78, korriban, telos military base) so i cant wait for this TSLRP