Project Gray Company

funcroc

http://www.ea.com/official/projectgraycompany/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148148.html

"The action takes place in a massive open world where you can go anywhere you want, and the characters in this world are powered by an incredible simulation [artificial intelligence] based on the same technology used by the makers of The Sims 2. The story of the game is built around a series of Story Quests. You can choose to follow specific Story Quests, embark on a range of other types of quests, or set off on your own adventures in the massive open world environment."
Edited by funcroc

Yep - I knew the only way to make a truly next-gen RPG was to include Sims 2 tech.

Im assuming the worst until we hear otherwise (ie that it will be a console title).

Edited by DemonKing

Ok, I'm going to have to join Hades in the "no longer supporting EA" camp. As if there weren't enough reasons already...

Anyway, if you look around the development team for that game, it goes from an eclectic mix of Americans in some departments, to all Asian folks, which struck me as odd. So after a brief look on Google, apparently EA has decided to outsource large portions of their development jobs to China, after there was that fuss about harsh labor conditions from their American employees last year or whenever it was. What a bunch of perversely greedy bastards. :-

Edited by StillLife

It's nice to see more RPGs coming into the market though. It'll be nice to have some more variety. I can't honestly say that I'm not looking forward to this, as much as I'm not into EA games (due to what genre's I enjoy playing) but EA seems to put out solid titles. It has my interest, even if it's the slightest.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

This game will probably be so mainstream and without any personality of any kind (like all EA games) that it won't matter. Their format may work on sports games that are upgraded once per year and on the Sims, but for some reason that formula seems farfetched for an interesting RPG.

But who knows, I've been wrong before.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Westwood, not so much, but Origin put out the best space combat sims and CRPGs (except U8, U8 was bad).  Man, I so wanted Wing Commander 6.

If you've played the old ultima games, then how come you keep saying that FPS is not an acceptable perspective for a "true" RPG game? I'm surprised you could handle some of the newer (and better) ones, what with the lack of custom character creation and all.

WC6? I quit after 3 because Prophecy was stupid and they were destroying all that I loved in 1, 2, and 3.

Edited by alanschu