Currently Listening To

Baley

Ted Leo  -  Six Months In A Leaky Boat

I like this song

And I like the Spit Enz version. I thought it was cool that Ted Leo preserved the original handclaps in his version, although he turns them into snare hits.

The Split Enz have an interesting sound, sort of a new-wavey power pop.

The Tragically Hip - New Orleans is Sinking

Edit for a comment on new post: You know, there's way too much emo/screamo/whatever out there, but I still think that MCR album is good stuff. Those guys can write a catchy punk-pop song about murders, eyeliner and weddings.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The Split Enz have an interesting sound, sort of a new-wavey power pop.

Of course, Split Enz were new wave back when it was new wave. Not the new wave of new wave that Britain came up with back in the early nineties. Make sense? I hope not.

Actually I like how Leo has presented the song. It's really faithfull to the original, yet makes it sound like something you and your buddies could pull off while jamming.

Our Lady Peace - Innocent

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Faded -- Afghan Whigs

A lot of anger in that song. It's pretty charged. I like it, but for some reason, it reminds me of the music for American McGee's Alice. Actually, that's probably one of the reasons it's such a compelling song. Alice is one of my favorite games.

Heh, now I'm listening to:

Dirty Old Town -- The Pogues.

hahahaha. Comedy. This is a great drinkin' song. If only I had a single malt for my tea, I'd be set.

Also, I'd like to make toast, Scotch or not, to good things happening to fine folks and sharing great music with friends.

:Eldar's getting ready to compose a couple of emails icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy

You can trust me not to think

And not to sleep around

And if you don't expect too much from me

You might not be let down

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Nirvana - School

Won't you believe it

It's just my luck(x4)

No recess(x3)

Won't you believe it

It's just my luck(x4)

No recess(x3)

You're in high school again(x8)

No recess(x7)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Nirvana - Tourette's

Mayday every day, in my heart

Could've had a heart attack, in my heart

We don't know anything, in my heart

We all want something fair, in my heart

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Nirvana "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle"

wub.gif

Evanescence - Further Away

I took their smiles and I made them mine

I sold my soul just to hide the light.

And now I see what I really am,

A thief a whore, and a liar.

Oh how I miss the days this thread encompassed titles of borderline decent songs. Long gone, I know the world has washed its face, its teeth and its hands of them. I'm just living in the past. A dying idealist, a throbbing youth mugged by the severely amputated annoyance of good taste!

And by that pretentious sentence, I'm calling for the return of the one true Musopticon.

Killdozer - Lupus

Edited by Baley

Shut it Baley. And let the wonders of MSN coo you in.

Really, if I had the chance to, and I don't since this is a public lobby in a hotel at 2:25, I would be blasting Khert-Neter's Ever-Dreaming God. Loud.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There Will Never Be A Better Time- PJ Harvey and Chris Goss (from Masters of Reality and also produced kyuss albums)

Edited by the dude

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

Billy Bragg - It Says Here

A lovely comment on the newspaper business.

When you wake up to the fact

That your paper is Tory

Just remember, there are two sides to every story

Billy Bragg - It Says Here

A lovely comment on the newspaper business.

When you wake up to the fact

That your paper is Tory

Just remember, there are two sides to every story

oh, yeah, I like some Billy Bragg....I don't always agree with his ideological perspective but I like the thought-provoking lyrics and minimalist sound.

basically, the Woody Guthrie of the modern era.

Yeah, even though he keeps it to just his voice and electric guitar he always gets his message across.

It's good that somebody still flies the flag. Fat Mike can't do it alone, ya know.

Nirvana - Hairspray Queen

I was your mind, you were my, my enemy,

You were mine, I was your, your enemy,

You would mind, I was your, your enemy,

You were mine, I was was your enaaahh

Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)

edit for spelling: turned Marvin Gaye into Gromnir for a second there, before I flipped that "W" upside down. ;)

Edited by Darth Drabek

Linkin Park - Forgotten

There

I'd totally listen to I'm a Man by Chigaco Transit Authority if I weere home.

Or Venelaulu by Rajaton.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds