Currently Listening To

Baley

Pearl Jam's new record, on Gone.

Definately their best work since Vitalogy, it's almost as good as VS.

(Yes, I will always remain a huge Pearl Jam nut. They are one of three bands that in my eyes can do no wrong.)

Edited by TrueNeutral

Currently (for the last day) listening to Garbage - Garbage.  Feeling all nostalgic.  :cool:

I really like As Heaven Is Wide

I really like the whole album, but I think Queer, Milk and Only Happy When It Rains are my particular favourites.

Right now I am listening to the first Verve Remixed album. It is all kinds of awesome.

Highlights:

Is you is or is you ain't my baby - Dinah Washington (Rae & Christian Remix)

Feeling Good - Nina Simone (Joe Claussell Remix)

See-Line Woman - Nina Simone (Masters at Work remix)

Strange Fruit - Billie Holiday (Tricky Remix) :p

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

R.E.M. - Find the River

Automatic For The People actually killed REM for me. After that album you really had to step back and say 'can they do any better than this?'. It's too bad the answer was no.

Weezer - This Is Such A Pity

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

:' (

Yeah, Automatic For The People killed REM for me as well, because it was clearly garbage, I mean these guys haven't done anything borderline decent since the late 80s.*

B0000014I3.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

*Okay, granted it didn't actually kill REM for me, truth be told I never did care that much for them.

Edited by Baley

John Zorn's Naked City album. Baley, you need to buy this album. I'm serious, you do.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I know, I know, problem is my family is, uh, well let's just say that no one here actually possesses a credit card. I'm still searching for the CD.

Have you gotten Spy Vs. Spy?

General Patton Vs The X-Ecutioners - Modified Combined Obstacle Overlay (Mcoo) ...Or... How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Turntables

Edited by Baley

I haven't gotten Spy vs. Spy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

On the whole Automatic for the People was pretty weak, but I still like that song.

Eponymous might be my favorite R.E.M. CD, although Document is great too. Also I think New Adventures in Hi-Fi is very underrated, and much more solid than Monster or Automatic.

btw pixies, Away is a great song. My old band covered Possum Kingdom, only once, because Toadies were one of our drummer's favorite bands. It absolutely killed, brought the house down.

Frank Zappa - Peaches en Regalia

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Eponymous might be my favorite R.E.M. CD, although Document is great too.

I thought Eponymous was the cats ass as well. Of all the crappy greatest hits compilations you might buy, that one is actually worth the price.

I'll admit that after Monster I turned a deaf ear towards REM, so I can't really comment on whether their newer stuff blows monkey balls.

If I had to pick some favorites by the band, my list would look a little something like this:

Fall On Me

Perfect Circle

Begin The Begin

So. Central Rain

and possibly Nightswimming or Me In Honey

John Prine - Illegal Smile

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Beth Orton - Comfort of Strangers

Just received this one in the post today. Very happy. This will soothe my weary brain during work this evening. :(

Turmion K

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Verve Remixed 3. As with numbers 1 & 2 - awesome.

Highlights:

Fever - Sarah Vaughan (Adam Freeland Remix) ;):p:wub:

Just One of Those Things - Blossom Dearie (Brazilian Girls Remix)

Peter Gunn - Sarah Vaughan (Max Sedgely Remix)

Stay Loose - Jimmy Smith (Lyrics Born Remix)

The Boy's Doin' It - Hugh Masekela (Carl Craig Remix)

Baby Did You Hear? - Dinah Washington (Danger Mouse Remix)