Currently Listening To

Baley

The library I frequent has Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost is Born, so I thought I'd finally see what all the fuss was about Wilco. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but YHF isn't living up to the hype for me either. I like the other one better, and I like the live double album better than both of 'em.

Joe Jackson Band - Look Sharp!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Call me a dirty philistine but some of their songs give me Coldplay vibes, yes, that Coldplay.

Actually, I'm exaggerating, I mostly get Eagles vibes, sad things is I ****ing hate The Eagles.

Wilco - Jesus, Etc.

I kinda like this one.

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow

My hatred for the Eagles is pretty much worse than my hatred for Coldplay, but that's only because I have only heard two Coldplay songs. In my defence, I can still hate them, because "Clocks" and "Speed Of Sound" sound exactly the same and are both horribly overplayed.

(And when I say they sound exactly the same, I don't mean that of that they have the same feel and vibe, but I mean you could probably make a mash-up called "Speed Of Clocks" like some guy did with Nickelback ("How You Remind Me Of Someday"))

The Eagles, however, are pretty much everything that is wrong with rock music today.

Kamelot - Descent of the Archangel

Wilco - Jesus, Etc.

I kinda like this one.

Yeah, I think that's the best song on there. They replace the strings with steel guitars on the live version, which I think is an improvement.

I hear their earlier stuff stayed more in the alt-country vein, which means I might like it more. I'm waiting for Laozi's opinion on their entire body of work, as he seems to be the resident Wilco scholar......

Those Unknown - To the Daunted and Dispossessed

Do you mean the "Eagles Of Death Metal" or what?

Eagles Of Death Metal - I Only Want You

I'm not sure if you're serious...

No. I adore Eagles Of Death Metal. I am talking about The "Hotel California" Eagles. You know, the ones who have played some twenty reunion tours and even more farewell tours but not releasing any new material in over twenty years? Also, I'm not sure about this, but from what I've been told they've even gone so far as to charge $100 for a dingoing concert.

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Probably herecy or whatever, but I like their later work much more than their earlier work.

Yeah, zomg.

Limbonic Art - Ultimate Dead Worship

I bes the jacksberry. I bringses the meh

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Do you mean the "Eagles Of Death Metal" or what?

Eagles Of Death Metal - I Only Want You

I'm not sure if you're serious...

No. I adore Eagles Of Death Metal. I am talking about The "Hotel California" Eagles. You know, the ones who have played some twenty reunion tours and even more farewell tours but not releasing any new material in over twenty years? Also, I'm not sure about this, but from what I've been told they've even gone so far as to charge $100 for a dingoing concert.

Probably herecy or whatever, but I like their later work much more than their earlier work.

Sorry, I don't know "this" Eagles so much. :)

But the Eagles Of Death Metal are great, that's right. (w00t)

Eagles Of Death Metal - Whorehoppin'

Although I am a proud owner of Ultramega OK! on CD, their last three albums were their best. It is interesting to listen to the old stuff, though just to see the progression. Early stuff like "Hunted Down," and "Little Joe" are a long way from the psychadelia of "Applebite" or "Boot Camp."

It blows my mind that people can know about the Eagles of Death Metal, but not THE Eagles. Man.

Mojo Nixon - Don Henley Must Die

Edited by Darth Drabek

I am happy to have gotten rid of everything by Soundgarden, now if only I could do the same to all my Alice in Chains junk.

Drabek, have you listened to the SST Screaming Trees albums? They any good? Keep in mind I don't very much care for their major label efforts.

Aesop Rock - Prosperity

It is interesting to listen to the old stuff, though just to see the progression.

Big Dumb Sex for teh win!!!!

:)

doncha doncha wanna thrill me

and doncha be afraid to tell me

Nope, haven't heard the SST Screaming Trees stuff. Can't help ya.

Mark Lanegan is awesome. Whether it's Screaming Trees, QOTSA, or the Twilight Singers, anything he touches is better for it.

Have any of you heard his solo stuff? I was thinking about picking up "Bubblegum," which I heard was the best of his solo albums.

yeah definitely man....I haven't any of his solo albums due to lack of money, but I've been meaning to pick at least one of them up

Don't Look Down- Screaming Trees -- "Even If and Especially When" is an awesome album I've had since I was like 16

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

ZZ Top - Lowrider

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

What are you talking about?

You're nuts. There was no avatar in that.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

None of my rock songs ever pan out the way I want them to.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm watching that video again. I come for the bass-line, I stay for the rest of it.