Vong Mentioning in KOTOR 1. . .

From shops?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

From Supershadow :p :p

:) Yeah, right. :lol:

Yeah. Btw, Plagueis is lie, true master of palpy was Darth Imperius with COOL KYBER CRYTALZZZZ!!! :p

That site gives me big laugh everytime

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Some people look WAY too heavy just to NOT accept that BioWare slipped a little reference in there...

Face it; it's there, and nothing you bring in can change a thing about that...

I mean the whole Dantooine/Alderaaan scene on the Leviathan could not happen no, since it needed to have 4000 years beyond in mind and Bastila, Revan and Karath do not live in the movies era?  <_<

Why it's a representative from Bioware! Top of the morning to you! <_<

It was suggested and/or assumed that the ship Canderous talked about was of Vong designed. I merely am doubting that is the case for previously stated reasons. I am not, however, doubting that there is some sort of allusion ongoing in the lines Canderous spoke. That's all. Of course thanks to your constructive comments, this "debate" currently stands at a standstill.

As for Dantooine/Alderaan example, what type of people are most likely to play KOTOR? Star Wars fans! Now keep in mind that Episode 4: "A New Hope" came out about 2 and a half decades prior to the release of KOTOR. Therefore, what we have is Bioware alluding to the infamous scene with Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin aboard the Death Star. It's just like when Kreia alludes to Boba Fett, while she mentions what will happen to the Mandalorians. To allude, by the way, is to make an indirect reference. I mean seriously, only Star Wars fans would appreciate the irony of that scene aboard the Leviathan.

actually, kreia was refering to jango fett, as boba fett was not killed by a jedi.

as for the coralskippers not having hyperdrives, that is not true. in one of the books, anakin, corran and tahari all take a corralskipper scout (which matches canderous' description of the ship in the game) to duro after they stumbled upon a vong fleet.

and the leviathon level with the Alderaan/dantooine mention is just an ironic scene, along with the confrontation between the heroes and malak.

Edited by HK-47_THE_MEATBAG_KILLER

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Some people look WAY too heavy just to NOT accept that BioWare slipped a little reference in there...

Face it; it's there, and nothing you bring in can change a thing about that...

I mean the whole Dantooine/Alderaaan scene on the Leviathan could not happen no, since it needed to have 4000 years beyond in mind and Bastila, Revan and Karath do not live in the movies era?  <_<

Why it's a representative from Bioware! Top of the morning to you! <_<

It was suggested and/or assumed that the ship Canderous talked about was of Vong designed. I merely am doubting that is the case for previously stated reasons. I am not, however, doubting that there is some sort of allusion ongoing in the lines Canderous spoke. That's all. Of course thanks to your constructive comments, this "debate" currently stands at a standstill.

As for Dantooine/Alderaan example, what type of people are most likely to play KOTOR? Star Wars fans! Now keep in mind that Episode 4: "A New Hope" came out about 2 and a half decades prior to the release of KOTOR. Therefore, what we have is Bioware alluding to the infamous scene with Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin aboard the Death Star. It's just like when Kreia alludes to Boba Fett, while she mentions what will happen to the Mandalorians. To allude, by the way, is to make an indirect reference. I mean seriously, only Star Wars fans would appreciate the irony of that scene aboard the Leviathan.

actually, kreia was refering to jango fett, as boba fett was not killed by a jedi.

as for the coralskippers not having hyperdrives, that is not true. in one of the books, anakin, corran and tahari all take a corralskipper scout (which matches canderous' description of the ship in the game) to duro after they stumbled upon a vong fleet.

and the leviathon level with the Alderaan/dantooine mention is just an ironic scene, along with the confrontation between the heroes and malak.

The Duro thing occurs in "Rebirth." Now on pages 151-153 is the actual scene where they discover the ship, which is NOT a coralskipper scout. To quote the description, which appears on the bottom of 151, "The ship - if by ship one meant the available living space - was actually quite small. The bulk of the vessel was the concealing stone of the asteriod and vast caverns of greenware that none of them could even guess the function of." Now Anakin Solo does think it is a scout craft while Corran thinks its a surveillance craft.

However, what further proves that the ship in question is NOT A CORALSKIPPER is the fact that Corran states on 151, "A ship this size could have a hundred warriors on it." A coralskipper is a fighter, not a troop transport.

Now I invite you to look at Timothy Zahn's "Specter of The Past;" specifically pages 158-160. There, I believe, is an more closer fit to Canderous's words.

As for the Jango thing, next time don't come late to the party. It was already settled, thank you very much.

And with regards to the Leviathan thing, what is irony? Try something that is not expected. An allusion falls within this definition. Regardless, if you're going to deny that that scene on the Leviathan was not an allusion to "A New Hope," you seriously need to play the game and watch "A New Hope" again.

Just for the record, Boba wasn't killed in RotJ, so we don't know if it's a reference to him. That's true even if you discount the novels and comics as "stupid EU non-canon", since Boba makes an appearance in Jedi Academy.

If we take the EU into account, Boba isn't the last Mandalorian at all, since Fenn Shysa is there and even becomes Mandalore later...

• 3 years later...
for one, the wekipedia is edited by anyone with an account so the person who put that info on may have been mistaken

and besides i cant see Canderous living to see the days of the New Republic :)

KotOR wasn't saying Canderous would live that far, it's when you talk to him about his previous wars, he mentions 'playing' with pirates the Mandalorians chased into an asteroid field; what they thought was an asteroid turned out to be 'alive'. It shot out fire, and they chased it to the edge of the galaxy, where he said it continued outwards. Google "kotor vong reference" and you can see all the results from many other people doing their research. Hope this helps. Peace.