Battlestar Galactica RPG??

Leferd

Anyway, back on topic.

How would a BSG RPG work, play? Party based or FPS/RPG Hybrid or turn-based strat/RPG or OH, OHOoOH, X-COMmish!?

"Specifically, Moore told the Reporter he had toyed with the idea of a Galactica role-playing game "with Internet participation." "

we expect that it would work more like star wars galaxies. didn't get to watch much of season 2, but ain't the humans on some sorta planet now, under cylon control? set the game on the planet and lets you choose human or cylon options. got potential for space fights and terrestrial fights... or you could choose more social interactions rather than simply fighting the rebels or being the rebels.

regardless, "internet participation" in this day and age says mmorpg to Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

Yes, with that comment, I guess you might be right...

A pity, though. I think BSG could let itself well to a strategic game similar to Carrier Command if anyone remembers that one (gosh that was a long time ago...)

we expect that it would work more like star wars galaxies.  didn't get to watch much of season 2, but ain't the humans on some sorta planet now, under cylon control? 

Slight spoilers ahead for those that don't want to know what is planned for season 3.

They are indeed on a planet at the end of season two. All of the last half hour of the finale has them there (although 6 months have passed that we never see). However, the plan isn't to keep them on the planet for long. I haven't seen an exact number of episodes, but somewhere between 5-10 would probably be a decent guess. Ron D. Moore said in an interview that the fleet and the search for Earth is still central to the show.

So your idea could work, but the time frame would be limited. Unless some people get left behind when the fleet takes off again.

Besides, couldn't internet participation mean something like Living Greyhawk or Living Force? Where how players play the game affects how the story in the show plays out.

Besides, couldn't internet participation mean something like Living Greyhawk or Living Force? Where how players play the game affects how the story in the show plays out.

Frankly, I'd much rather have Moore and his crew decide what happens on the show than any of us gamers, because I think they are far better writers. Some of the stuff these guys have done in the past has been really underrated.

As for Living Greyhawk, you have to remember that while it was made into a player-controlled campaign, it virtually killed the setting as far as writing new material was concerned. Yes, you had great freedom to expand Greyhawk after that as a player, but as far as new supplements and novels and such were concerned, it was basically a dead world from that point on. That cannot happen to BSG.