Future of the Serenity franchise

Plano Skywalker

I've just seen the film for the first time, I liked it. Also a lot of funny behind the scenes stuff, seems like they really had a good caring cast put together there. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

She is simply free from that memory.  She is still pretty much ****ed in the head.  Also the Reavers are still a major threat.

"Two by two, hands blue" is over, which was a big part of her psychosis. Although she is still messed up, she is much more controlled now and the dillusions should be less frequent.

She can still feel everything and everyone and she can still be a deadly weapon with the appropriate command.

River is one of the more interesting characters imo.

Horsefeathers. We didn't even see the blue-handed ops in the film! Those dudes look like what they were training River to be, with (what I estimate to be) little psychometric boosters (the little pencil-shaped sonic screwdriver-thing)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

well, I think having Christianity as the predominate religion does help create the "high immersion/low fantasy" feel that is the franchise's stock-in-trade.

they also have Buddist/Oriental elements and, of course, the Chinese language is the "other" language people speak.

I just think it has to do with the setting. You can call someone a "good samaritan", for instance, and the audience knows what you are talking about.

I self-identify as Christian and I generally like fictitious belief systems in fictitious settings but, somehow, I think this is one thing that makes Firefly/Serenity work.

I like the idea that China and the US (possibly the West?) joined causes for exploring new worlds, however I didn't really see any china folk in the movie, did you? (only seen it once)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I like the idea that China and the US (possibly the West?) joined causes for exploring new worlds, however I didn't really see any china folk in the movie, did you? (only seen it once)

The language, some styles of dress, the holy whore house... also Mal and Co. never ventured far outside the borderworlds, so i guess there were more chinese type people at the heart of the empire.

In the first (double) episode (confusingly called Serenity, too), when the team lands in the outer city limits, there are a lot of chinese around.

It does mirror Earth history, too: there are Chinatowns in EVERY major city in every major country around the world; probably after the great Chinese expansion of 1421.

I don't object to Christianity, per se, I DO object to the assumption that it will be the only religion. More likely the jews aren't going anywhere and ditto for the Muslims, Hindu, Sikh, etc. And what about the Chinese philosophies: Confuscianism, Taoism, Buddhism, etc?

It's the weakest part of the background. (Unless there was a "holy war" that Christianity won ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT