Future of the Serenity franchise

Plano Skywalker

For what? Firefly/Serenity is one of the most kickarse sci fi storyline in a long time. We need more sci fi like that. If I bitch anyone out in the realm of sci fi it would be George Lucas and Rick Berman.

Edited by Judge Hades

For what?  Firefly/Serenity is one of the most kickarse sci fi storyline in a long time.  We need more sci fi like that.  If I bitch anyone out in the realm of sci fi it would be George Lucas and Rick Berman.

What do firefly and serenity refer to anyway ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Firefly is the class of the ship in which these adventures take place. I'm not 100% on the Serenity thing. I think it was the name of a huge battle? Maybe the one that the good guys lost?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Firefly is the class of transport ship the main characters use. Serenity, the name of this particular ship that is in the story line, refers to the Battle of Serenity which was the final battle for the War of Independence which the Brown Coats, the Independents, lost.

Firefly is the class of transport ship the main characters use.  Serenity, the name of this particular ship that is in the story line, refers to the Battle of Serenity which was the final battle for the War of Independence which the Brown Coats, the Independents, lost.

Thanks. Always did wonder about that.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

the "evil empire" story arch we are in now has to be resolved with the 3 characters you mentioned....no question about it.

That ended with the movie.

The "Evil Empire" has been caught red handed and so that threat is over now. Not to say it can't return though but other matters are more important, such as the threat of the Reavers and where the story can go with River's new psychological freedom and her now known "purpose".

If I ever ran a military academy cadets would be obliged to watch Janeway just to learn how NOT to make command decisions.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

She is simply free from that memory.  She is still pretty much ****ed in the head.  Also the Reavers are still a major threat.

"Two by two, hands blue" is over, which was a big part of her psychosis. Although she is still messed up, she is much more controlled now and the dillusions should be less frequent.

She can still feel everything and everyone and she can still be a deadly weapon with the appropriate command.

River is one of the more interesting characters imo.

I would like to know more about Kaylee, who's character has barely been explored(in a non-sexual way) through the show and the movie.

And I certainly wouldn't mind a flashback for Book's past.

Its not over. The operative only killed three of them and the facility is still in operation. SHe might not be as nutty but that doesn't mean her teachers are going to let her go that easily.

Edited by Judge Hades

Its not over.  The operative only killed three of them and the facility is still in operation.  SHe might not be as nutty but that doesn't mean her teachers are going to let her go that easily.

I thought the same thing after watching the movie for the first time. However I think JW wanted to close a chapter, if only to be able to end it all if it came to that.

The "teachers" were after her because of what she could know. Now they could want her for either more experiments or for something else she might know. Since the second option has already been dealt with we can cross that out methinks.

Of course there is so much potential with Firefly/Serenity, pretty much any idea we may have here is viable.

I think that they were after her is because they know her capabilities. Think on this, if she decided to go to war on a city and had access to Jayne's weapons how high of a body count do you think she would have? She is just too dangerous for not being under the control of the government.

Edited by Judge Hades

the Evil Empire story arch has enough closure (in the movie Serenity) to stand on its own or to be explored further....A New Hope is a perfect example.

heck, there could be a 2nd War of Independence...there is actually a lot they could still do with the present story.

all I'm saying is that Mal and company will never be portrayed again as simple smugglers trying to stick it to the Man....they are now freedom fighters or something similar. Mal and company can never return to the small screen.

I am hoping for another show based on this setting but it will be a different cast and different story.

Firefly is the class of transport ship the main characters use.  Serenity, the name of this particular ship that is in the story line, refers to the Battle of Serenity which was the final battle for the War of Independence which the Brown Coats, the Independents, lost.

1. The name "Serenity" comes from where the battle took place, "Serenity Valley", aka "The Battle of Serenity Valley". (One episode showed part of the battle)

2. It was NOT the final battle, but it is considered the decisive one. Think Stalingrad.

:: looks for any other challengers to the Firefly geek crown ::

Edited by kumquatq3