Scaling.

So I haven't been imagining things? New gates open up while you're playing? I wasn't sure, but it seemed like it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Gates open up randomly during gameplay, there are supposed to be around 50 random gates in game.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

came across a gate shortly before we quit oblivion. decided to try and close the gate... but we had a problem.

to get to the tower with the sigil stone Gromnir would either need:

1) ridiculous acrobatics skillz to be leaping 'cross a broken bridge span.

or

2) complete immunity to heat/fire as we would otherwise need to cross some 70' of lava to get to tower.

lost patience.. then shortly thereafter we simply lost interest in playing game.

sidenote: we did discover that water walking allows one to walk on lava... but you still gets burned.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No. Trust me, I have closed enough gates to know that there are no acrobatics skills needed to close them down. The route to the main tower is not always obvious, but it's always possible to walk (without any other skills than walking skills) to the Sigil stone. I guess you didn't have the patience for it.

No. Trust me, I have closed enough gates to know that there are no acrobatics skills needed to close them down. The route to the main tower is not always obvious, but it's always possible to walk (without any other skills than walking skills) to the Sigil stone. I guess you didn't have the patience for it.

there were a cave that might have led somewheres. poked 'round a bit, but every time we tried to re-enter we got a ctd.

in fact, we had to save every attempt we made at taking a sigil stone, 'cause that would typically result in a ctd. not a big deal, but were kinda an irritating lesson to learn: always save 'fore taking a sigil stone.

also, is Gromnir the only person that almost never were able to close oblivion proper? would almost always get some kinda error message... and we ain't being hyperbolic. am talking like +90% of close attempts resulted in error. weren't no big deal as we were exiting the program after saves, but were kinda odd.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nope, I have the exact same problem. I am suspecting Microsoft is going to come knocking at my door and shove all those error reports down my throat, one of these days.

I used to get crashes virtually every time I quit the game. I installed the omega drivers and since then I've rarely had a crash. Of course, you can't defend a game by saying it works fine if you install a third party driver. heh heh.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The game frequently crashed in the first couple of days (like more in 48 hours than all my other consoles have in years combined). But since it stopped doing it I put it down to some condensation build up.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

in fact, we had to save every attempt we made at taking a sigil stone, 'cause that would typically result in a ctd.  not a big deal, but were kinda an irritating lesson to learn: always save 'fore taking a sigil stone.

HA! Good Fun!

*snip*

Almost all my saves involve a screen-shot of my character about to seize the sigil stone standing in some sort of pose... :lol:

I do find all the Oblivion Gates highly irritating though. They're very repetitive and I could swear that there are only four or five different sorts of layout to the blasted things.

Ahh well, "Good Fun" as you always say.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!